[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

PC heatsink clamp issue

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

File: 1340152476131.gif (2MB, 314x291px) Image search: [Google]
1340152476131.gif
2MB, 314x291px
I was getting some odd readings from the temp on my cpu so i checked the heatsink, it looked completely fine but while putting the fan back on I somehow managed to break 2 of the connectors(one was already broken).

Now I can only get one of the clamps to work and when I try to turn the pc on all these fucking Christmas lights go off in the pc and it ends up shutting down at random points.

How exactly do I keep the pressure down at a correct level on this thing? Just pushing down on it doesn't work it immediately overheats doing that(or I assume it's overheating because it shuts down 15-20 seconds into the bootup).

It's a miracle I'm on right now. So far the temps are idling at 70 on the cpus but who knows when this thing is gonna freak out again.
>>
>>160394

Buy new stuff, you fucked it beyond repair. Also don't forget thermal paste and don't confuse it with thermal adhesive. Retard.
>>
>>160394
Try using some zip ties, see if you get it to stay firmly on the processor. Also, how is the thermal paste. Is it dried up and cracked, or still gets on your fingers?
>>
>>160394
A decent aftermarket cooler is 40 bucks tops. Just buy a new one you cheap fuck, and look up how to install it properly (clean existing thermal paste). Don't try jerry-rigging the stuff you broke. Here's a short list of things you don't fuck around with once they start wigging out: 1) heat sinks, 2) PSUs, 3) Jim.
>>
Don't fight it. These clamps either go easy, or they're broken. Save yourself the calluses and warped motherboard and buy a new heatsink.
It ought to be possible to replace just the clamps, but I've never seen them sold separately.
Thread posts: 5
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.