[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

starting to watch anime

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 11

File: ronnie pls.png (68KB, 645x556px) Image search: [Google]
ronnie pls.png
68KB, 645x556px
was redirected here by a bunch of salty virgins to here so I'm just gonna copy paste

Hello /a/ what would you recommend for a (relatively) new anime watcher. I've seen DB, DBZ, Yu Yu Hakushow, Sailor Moon, Rurouni Kenshin, Trigun, Cowboy Bebop, and Inuyasha (thanks toonami). I've also seen some of Fairy Tale and some of Seiko no Qwaser (made me stop watching anime that shit was weird.)
>>
File: eeeeh.gif (263KB, 480x479px) Image search: [Google]
eeeeh.gif
263KB, 480x479px
cmon guys idk what this is even from
>>
your thread is now being ignored due to the shot bump times.
>>
>>159418
3 minutes is short?
>>
>>159414
Psycho-Pass
Kara no Kyoukai
Infinite Ryvius
Detroit Metal City
Shinsekai Yori
>>
>>159425
any particular reason you recommend those?
>>
>>159426
They are all great
>>
>>159422
Yes, this is a very slow board. At least a couple of hours is recommended between bumps.
>>
>>159430
well that's something that takes getting used to.
>>
Looks like standard "I watched anime from 1998 - 2005" normalfag taste, which isn't exactly helpful for figuring out what you want out of anime. There's a wide variety of shows. What genres do you like? What did you like/dislike about the shows you've seen? Gotta give people something to work with else you get blind/generic recommendations like >>159425
>>
K-On!
Lucky Star
Hidamari Sketch
Gochuumon wa usagi desu ka?
Tamako Market
Kiniro Mosaic
Aria
Non Non Biyori
Yuyushiki
Yuru Yuri
Hibike Euphonium
>>
>>159445
i literally listed what I've seen and indicated what i didnt like in the OP.
>>
>>159451
You just listed a bunch of shit you watched cause it was on TV. That's not any kind of clue about your taste, the only clue you really gave was that you watched Seikon no Qwaser and didn't like it cause "it was weird".

You know what? Fuck it, you sound like an asshole and you're being deliberately difficult about things. Enjoy your meme recs.
>>
>>159456
lmao stop being such a homo i don't have a taste ive literally never watched anime before. how the fuck does someone have a taste for something they've never done before.
>>
>>159465
since youre fairly new im guessing you will like shounen, since thats what i like, and im pretty new too, only 6 months in. heres a list of just mainstream shows everyone's seen, but are worth a watch. most people here will tell you otherwise, but for someone starting out, they're good.

Akame Ga Kill
One Punch Man
Boku No Hero Academia
Sword Art Online
Clannad
Attack On Titan
Kill La Kill

ive compiled a list of anime that ive been told to watch by people here (copy/paste) one arrow means mentioned twice, two means mentioned frequently

Fafner
baccano
durarara
bokurano
death note
terra formars
shaman king
>space dandy
>>psycho-pass
>gurren lagan
>>welcome to the NHK
fullmetal alchemist
initial D
hetalia
Charlotte
shinsekai yori
Mawaru Penguindrum
Ishuukan Friends
Wolf's Rain
Haibane Renmei
Ookami To Koushinryou
Grave of the Fireflies
>The Girl that lept through time
>5cm Per Second
Planetes
Legend of Galactic Heroes
Katanagatari
>Monogatari

i don't know why >>159445 expects you to have a set genre in mind if you just started. watch some of the top listers of kissanime or myanimelist that are shorter in runtime, after finishing maybe 10 shows you'll know what you like. don't listen to people's opinions on here, they'res too much diversity in taste and bias for people to give you good advice.once you have your genre(s), put it in the title of your request so it can be narrowed down by people who like the same stuff
>>
>>159490
meant >>159456
>>
>>159414
>salty virgins
kill yourself and lurk more
>>
http://vignette3.wikia.nocookie.net/animu-mango/images/7/7d/...animelist.jpg/revision/20121203231510
>>
Jojo bizarre adventure.
It's a pretty good shonen anime, its stars with jojo's bizzarre adventure and then it continues with stardust crusader
>>159416
That's one punch man anon
>>
File: qaw1XKU[1].png (169KB, 600x1000px) Image search: [Google]
qaw1XKU[1].png
169KB, 600x1000px
>>159456
Holy shit, Captain Questions is back.

>>159465
Well indeed. This guy shits up every thread demanding to know your life story, not realising that if you could answer all his ridiculous questions, you wouldn't need to make this thread in the first place.

OP, you should watch Yozakura Quartet. It's got all the stuff you liked from YYH and Inuyasha, an awesome setting, and seriously expensive animation. It's got magic, and fight scenes, and giant monsters, and catgirls, and everything there is to like about animu. In its genre it's one of the very best.

Watch it in the order the infographic says; the later series were designed to start from the beginning then slot around the three-episode pilot, which couldn't be enjoyed on its own unless you'd read the comics.

I don't know if it has a dub (I don't particularly care). A lot of people are going to recommend you stuff that isn't dubbed, so if you do want it dubbed, you should probably say so. Not much stuff, in the grand scheme of things, is dubbed, and not many people here are familiar with dubs, so if you're not after subbed, you might be better off asking somewhere else.
>>
watch colorful
>>
File: meme_chart.jpg (1MB, 680x7687px) Image search: [Google]
meme_chart.jpg
1MB, 680x7687px
>>159414
>>159465
>i don't have a taste ive literally never watched anime before
Yeah it's a common problem. But there's a way for you to describe your taste despite lack of experience, you know.

First, there's genres of shows and movies you've seen and liked already. As in live action. It really helps if you say that you want something similar to X, or belonging to genre Y.

Second, the "little" list you came here with already contains some diverse series from various genres.

>DB, DBZ, YYH
Did you like those? Would you watch something with very similar art style (same mangaka) as YuYuHakusho? Consider watching Hunter x Hunter (2011).

>Sailor Moon
Do you want something with magical girls in it? If it's pink fluffly girly stuff you want, there's Cardcaptor Sakura and Princess Tutu. If you want something more dynamic and made for the male audience, there's Lyrical Nanoha and Symphogear. If you don't like magical girls and want something to change your mind, there's Madoka Magica.

>Rurouni Kenshin
Did you like the samurai setting? For something gritty and realistic, there's the movie Sword of the Stranger. If you want a more hip-hop style, there's Samurai Champloo (this recommendation also goes if you like the style of Cowboy Bebop). If you can stomach something more overtalked, artsy and avant-garde, Katanagatari is pure poetry.

>Trigun, Cowboy Bebop
Is oldschool space western up your alley? Check out Outlaw Star and Gungrave (skip episode 1). Want something closer to action flicks, in contemporary setting? Black Lagoon is worth checking out. Want more space opera or sci-fi? There's a shitload of shows to choose from, like Battleship Yamato, Macross and the whole mecha genre, Planetes and much much more.

I havwen't even started the whole genre issue. There's an entire realm of comedy, Slice of Life, mecha and dystopian science fiction that we haven't touched yet.

>Seiko no Qwaser (that shit was weird.)
Stay away from the ecchi tag for now, and yes, it was.
>>
File: 1339469192885.png (12KB, 560x407px) Image search: [Google]
1339469192885.png
12KB, 560x407px
Where is the best place for downloading Chinese cartoons? All i know of is Bakabt and nyaa.
>>
>>160261
AnimeBytes but good luck getting an invite.
>>
>>159414
Kodomo No Jikan is pretty good
>>
File: 1273362735763-1.jpg (3MB, 1460x2016px) Image search: [Google]
1273362735763-1.jpg
3MB, 1460x2016px
Casual Anime watcher, here is list i use: Green i liked it, Yellow not much, Red Dropped
>>
>>160278
base image? i'd like to do this
>>
>>159490
>Akame Ga Kill
>One Punch Man
>Boku No Hero Academia
>Sword Art Online
>Clannad
>Attack On Titan
>Kill La Kill

These are actually pretty good. Give them a shot, OP!
>>
File: 1455617777274.jpg (64KB, 750x750px) Image search: [Google]
1455617777274.jpg
64KB, 750x750px
>>160285
>akame ga kill
>sao
>boku no hero academia
>really good

Have a (You)
>>
>>159414
Attack on Titan and Death Note are what you need. None of that weird shit you sometimes find in anime. And Aot has good action that will make you realize how shit the action in DBZ was.

>inb4 "NORMIE CASUAL SCUM I LIVE IN MUMS BASEMENT"

If you are into shonen, which you seem to be, Hunter X Hunter is good (2011 version is better imo).

Finally if you were a DB/Z fan you could check out DB Super- I think it is shit but it could be a curiosity if you watched the original shows as a kid. The movies were quite fun (Battle of Gods was actually pretty nostalgic).

But yeah as some people have said, you need to give a better indication of your tastes (perhaps in live action stuff) and what you want out of an anime or I can only give rather generic reccomendations.
>>
Code Geass
Working!!
The World God Only Knows
Overlord
Sora no Otoshimono
Read or Die
Rokka no Yuusha
Danshi Kokosei no Nichijou
Haiyore! Nyaruko-san
Strike Witches
Mushishi
Neon Genesis Evangelion
Full Metal Panic!
Ghost in the Shell
Clannad
Fate/Zero
>>
>>159418

said the anon as he posted, proving he was incapable of containing his autism enough to actually *ignore* the thread.

OP, if it's your first day you can go ahead and leave now, it never gets any less anal retentive around here.
>>
>>159490

thirding gurren lagann.
>>
File: QnA 2.png (3MB, 830x7914px) Image search: [Google]
QnA 2.png
3MB, 830x7914px
>>159414
>bunch of salty virgins
best description i've seen of /a/ so far

have this chart as a reward
>>
>>160625
That is one impressive chart.
>>
File: 1438839972495.jpg (2MB, 1580x2350px) Image search: [Google]
1438839972495.jpg
2MB, 1580x2350px
>>160278
Be a bit careful about this chart, especially the Romance category is like 50% awful complete trash.
Here's an updated version, removing some of the more questionable/straight up bad recommendations, and including some forgotten ones and some newer series.

That person is right there is little to work with, so some generic recommendations:
Serial Experiemnts Lain
Dennou Coil
Azumanga Daioh
Non Non Biyori
Shirobako
>>
>>160625
>>160648
Thanks. I should be updating it in the coming weeks. Made some meme charts in the meantime like the one here >>160124
>>
File: gg4chan.png (127KB, 385x434px) Image search: [Google]
gg4chan.png
127KB, 385x434px
>>160288
>tries this hard to call a samefag
>is wrong
>>
>>160124
>Horror
>Alien Spiderman
My fucking sides
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.