[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

An Anime With A Inventive and Intricate Battle System

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4

File: The Nen Diagram.png (64KB, 579x549px) Image search: [Google]
The Nen Diagram.png
64KB, 579x549px
what do i mean? well after watching HxH i was deeply impressed by how creative in concept and execution the Nen abilities are and i am looking for more anime on that level of shonen fighting.

Example;say what you want about One Piece but i think it's Battle System as a whole is on par with HxH when you account for just how diverse people's fighting styles can be, even without devil fruits.

NONexamples;yes, dragon ballz is a classic but it's fights are trash and relatively boring and un-inventive, yuyuhakusho has more creative fights but they arn't on par with HxH or OP. Naruto started out on par with OnePiece ''fighting wise'' but then it slowly became ''who can pull the biggest megaton fart jutsu out of their ass'' and the creativity was lost.

Can anyone in /wsr/ suggest to me an anime with this atheistic or am i out of luck?

>inb4 jojo bizzare adventure and FMA

i'm already planning on watching these eventually, i'm just trying to see if there are any other anime with ''top tier battle system'' so that i can space out my viewing of then and not just marathon them all at once
>>
>>158749
shigurui
>>
>>158764
>shigurui

that isn't really the kind of anime i had in mind, i was think of the kind were everyone had unique supernatural/superhuman powers. i'll still give it a go but i hope i get answers that actually pertain to OP
>>
>>158749
I get vaguely what you mean when you say fighting system, but most of the time anime with intricate 'fighting systems' tend to be shit and go autisitc with it all. You also have to consider which anime are actually good, and unfortunately the ones you're looking for are more often than not, shit.

Here are some that fit the bill somewhat tho

>FMA and FMA:B
You already mentioned them but it's a good series.
>JoJo
Might not be the best thing to jump into initially, you either love it or you hate it
>Katanagatari
Good art, good story, and the battle mechanics are very creative without taking away from anything.
>Kill la Kill
Another good series, good animation and the characters are on point. The fighting 'system' isn't the most indepth, but again it's done very well and very stylistically.
>Fate/Zero
Fate/stay night is probably more along the lines of what you're looking for considering it's length, but Fate/Zero is the better series to almost everyone but hardcore nasuverse fans.
>>
>>158749
Nasuverse (Fate series, Kara no Kyoukai, Tsukihime)
>>
Yozakura Quartet: Hana no Uta and it's OVAs. Look up the order I don't remember when the OVAs come in.
Read or Die, although it's been a while I might be mistaken, but I'm pretty fucking sure it's in the ball park you're looking for.
Ninja Slayer.
Kyousougiga
Battleship Yamato 2199
Cencoroll
Fafner Exodus and to a lesser extent the first series and the movie/OVA. But they don't start getting UNDERSTANDING powers really till S2.

Keep in mind, none of these are battle shounen, but they all either have powers, or unique/creative fights.
Also I agree with Katangatari with the poster above.
>>
>>158818
thanks for the suggestions,i feel as if >>158776
wasn't taking my request seriously, I hope this thread gets more posts as interesting as yours
>>
>>158874
>>158875
if non shonen can get this good, i wonder what the limits of actual shonen are...
>>
>>158881
Lower than non-shounen.
>>
>>158818
>most anime with intricate battle systems tend to be shit and go autistic with it all

that's funny, because i thought about it for a minute and the only anime i can think of that fits that description is Naruto, is there really other anime like that?
>>
>>159131
Most (almost all) shonens.

All the forgettable battle anime that comes out every season that people never remember.

Shame is they aren't even that indepth. Anime with 'battle systems' in the first place tend to be shit, with notable exceptions
>>
>>159131
bleach and the movies, yuyu, dbz, blood c, devil may cry, inuyasha, etc

i rec

basilisk
soul eater (just dont expect much of the final episode)
halo legends

also some sports series

kuroko
one outs
kenichi
>>
Otokojuku, the fighting styles are crazy. For example, there's a guy who uses a motorbike to fight, one who just uses his super strength but also mixes in stuff like farting, one using magic tricks, guy using a spring on his head, person with trained monkeys and a guy who fights with sulfuric acid bubbles
>>
>>159222
Kinnikuman is also absurd in a nice way, it's about superhero wrestlers and going absolutely insane, the main character even farts his way out of a black hole at one point.
>>
>>159225
Meant to say and "goes insane with it" and not "going insane"
>>
>>159168
Even then, the constant infodumping of something NO-ONE CARED ABOUT EVER was one of the things that shitted up HxH.

It's a TV show not an RPG supplement; no-one needs to have to sit through entire episodes where all they do is talk about a game mechanic.
>>
>>159168
>anime battle systems tend to be shit

so what were the ones that made you like them despite your bias toward them?
>>
File: th.jpg (12KB, 249x192px) Image search: [Google]
th.jpg
12KB, 249x192px
I IMPLORE SOMEONE TO POST THE MOST AUTISTIC, ASSBACKWARD FIGHTING SHONEN THEY CAN THINK OF
>>
>>159314
the notable exceptions in my opinion are >>158818
>>
File: U Hav Brain Problemz.gif (835KB, 499x281px) Image search: [Google]
U Hav Brain Problemz.gif
835KB, 499x281px
>>159222
>>159225
>mentions farting fighters
>doesn't mention Gasser from Bo-bo-bo

seems legit
>>
>>159317
Bobobo bobo bobobobo
>>
>>159340
BONUS ROUND; WHAT IS THE MOST SHIT TIER AUTISM FUELED SHONEN ANIME THAT WAS MENT TO BE TAKEN...
SERIOUSLY
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.