[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

memedows 10

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 6

File: ass.jpg (409KB, 1920x1657px) Image search: [Google]
ass.jpg
409KB, 1920x1657px
Using pic related from my old pc, has all my files and shit on it. Worked fine before but now Shitdows 10 won't let me give it a letter or even access it, even though it recognizes in in storage settings and MSI Bios let me poke it at the very least.

Wat do, I seriously don't want to lose 1Tb of... stuff...
>>
File: Screenshot (1).png (190KB, 1360x768px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot (1).png
190KB, 1360x768px
>>157559
Oh, I should add that using EaseUS partition thing I can see my stuff inside the drive, in other words the data is not corrupted or anything, windows is just being fucking retarded.
>>
>>157559
Does it show in the drive manager, if so you need to take ownership of the drive.

Experience: same thing happened with a portable for me
>>
File: Screenshot (2).png (107KB, 1360x768px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot (2).png
107KB, 1360x768px
>>157565
It shows up as a partition, but I can't change any properties. Currently looking for back ways in registry to make the drive think I'm the old jdm.
>>
have you tried restarting it?

maybe try messing with the BIOS settings.
if it has an OS on it, you could try booting from it.
>>
File: dfsgdfggdfs.jpg (501KB, 1360x768px) Image search: [Google]
dfsgdfggdfs.jpg
501KB, 1360x768px
>>157591
look at my pick
right click where the red dot is, the window appears you already have above

use one of the options in the yellow area

I had the same problem, one of those settings did the trick for me
>>
>blaming it on Windows
you people shouldn't even own a computer, you talk bios and shit but can't even walk the walk
>>
File: sata.jpg (244KB, 1024x570px) Image search: [Google]
sata.jpg
244KB, 1024x570px
does it connect to your machine via USB? i had one of those. the USB interface died, so i opened the drive case up, removed the drive and plugged it into my machine using the SATA connectors. it's slow, but it works.
>>
>>157559
slave drive it
>>
>>157833
Please stop "helping" here.

Grownups are talking and you're in the way.

If apps inside Windows can read the drive, but Windows can't read the drive, then of course the problem lies within Windows. If the problem were elsewhere, then nothing would be able to read the drive.

>>157591
Can you change the properties on any partition? I'm not calling you a dumbass, but that's what disk management looks like when you forget to run it as Admininstrator.

>>157660
Those are for dynamic volumes; OP's is a basic volume.
>>
File: lite-brite pepe.jpg (782KB, 1024x788px) Image search: [Google]
lite-brite pepe.jpg
782KB, 1024x788px
>>157559
I recommend dual booting Windows and a GNU/Linux distro like Ubuntu for reasons like this. It's an easy recovery option with all of it's disk tools available. Windows isn't compatible with very many filesystems such as ext4. Linux is though. You're using NTFS so this is very odd. Check all of your connections, turn stuff on and off, remove batteries/power cables, etc. If none of that works get an 8GB USB flash drive. Use Rufus and a Ubuntu ISO to make a bootable drive. Then once you boot into select "try Ubuntu" and find your drive by going into the file explorer and clicking other locations. You can copy whatever you like from your old drive to the one with Windows 10 installed. That will allow you to access your data for now. If you have room to copy all of it you could try formatting the old drive. Try using the command line in Windows to access diskpart. That usually works better for formatting unresponsive or unrecognized stuff.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.