[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

PC help

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: image.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
Hey /wsr/ so my computer won't turn on and I haven't touched it for 2 months, those 2 months ago I replaced the psu as the other one failed. Once the new one was installed then again with the computer not turning on. I know it has been left for a bit though I've been busy with school, work etc. I didn't want to touch too much as I am not too good with computers (only basic knowledge) and I want to somewhat do this as cheap as I can. So please any help or advice would be great. Also sorry for the cables being in the state they are as I have not touched it for 2 months.
>>
Should have returned the PSU for a different one. Get a different one.
>>
>>133132
I had a corsair psu previously, got the thermaltake one after it failed.
>>
>>133142

Yeah, I"m saying tho. If the new one isn't working out then most likely it's also defective.
>>
>>133143
Ok well I'll return it and go from there. Thanks for the advice though
>>
>>133124
You should test it first. Unplug the 20+4 cable and the power cord. On the 20+4 jump the green wire with a bare paper clip to a black wire then plug the power cord back in, if the fan turns on you should be ok to at least get some kind of response out of the computer. Did this power supply have a switch on the back by the plug? 1 is on and 0 is off maybe check that.
>>
maybe there is a problem with RAM, mhz may be too high or your cpu don't support ddr4
>>
>>133274
What is it with people on here. If the ram went bad it would post. Beep codes or lights. Please read the what the problem is before suggesting stuff. It seems his computer does not do anything by what he posted it. It also seems that he has not changed anything from the prior state. Now I maybe wrong about that but the clock speeds, if changed, should have been noted. To me it seems like a power issue. OP do you get any lights or fans moving (fans moving for a second could still be a bad psu) we need more information to assist you. If you are able and willing please attempt the power supply check I posted earlier.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.