[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Analytical chemistry kill me now

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 6

File: NervousHissing.jpg (86KB, 437x596px) Image search: [Google]
NervousHissing.jpg
86KB, 437x596px
I'm so fucked. I have to filter out a product tonight, but all of the vacuums are down. Is there any alternative? This is analytical chemistry and the lab is due tomorrow.

The reaction in question is K2SO4 + BaCl2 --> BaSO4 + 2KCl
>>
>>124297
ur fuqqed m8
>>
do you have filter paper?

KCl should be water soluble, just run it through filter multiple times

you'll have shit yeilds, but wadyugondo?
>>
>>124338
Yeah I have a gooch crucible with filter paper ready to use.
>>
Use filter paper, anon. Just use a funnel and an erlenmeyer, it should work.
>>
>>124342
Ty based anon. If the percentage is beyond fucked I'll resort to my old numbers. Onto do 3 more labs.
>>
>>124344
ask to borrow a friend's vacuum, see if you can get it to work that way

also post results if you do that
>>
>>124345
All of the vacuums went down because of a moisture problem. This was 3 or something weeks ago, and I found out today that they won't get fixed until sometime in the summer.
>>
>>124351
no i mean like (assuming you're a college student) grab a friend's hand held dirt devil and see if you can nig rig something together to get results
>>
>>124352
Holy thats genius. The digestion will be done in 45 minutes, so I'll keep you posted.
>>
File: AT402-4 (1).jpg (84KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
AT402-4 (1).jpg
84KB, 600x600px
>>124355
if you have a Buchner flask, use something like pic related to attach to the side hose barb

i'd run a trial test to make sure the vacuum isn't too powerful
>>
>>124358
I've got the set up ready gonna run some tests.
>>
File: VacuumScientist.jpg (1MB, 2448x3264px) Image search: [Google]
VacuumScientist.jpg
1MB, 2448x3264px
Ok heres a pic of the setup.

>>124358
The piece in the pic was too wide to fit but I found an alternative.
>>
File: VacuumSetup.jpg (867KB, 2448x3264px) Image search: [Google]
VacuumSetup.jpg
867KB, 2448x3264px
The way it works is a rubber mouthpiece connects the tubing of the normal vacuum tube to the vacuum component. I have to hold it together for it to work, but it actually works to the same speed of a normal vacuum if not a little bit weaker.
>>
File: 93e.png (43KB, 706x669px) Image search: [Google]
93e.png
43KB, 706x669px
>>124373
>>124374

if this works you have no excuses for never having an assignment turned in now

you just used 4chan to nig rig your own vacuum filter to run your experiment overnight. never forget that when you're getting stressed and starting drift. focus and achieve anon, you wonderful bastard
>>
File: Loud.jpg (35KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
Loud.jpg
35KB, 500x281px
>>124375
Holy shit every time I walk into the hall all I hear is this.
>>
Sadly my reaction didn't go so well. The vacuum idea worked, but it was in vain. I'll never forget you anon. I promise I'll work harder in school, and I'll stop putting labs behind.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.