[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

please help me with this

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

File: IMG_4070.jpg (474KB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4070.jpg
474KB, 3264x2448px
please help me with this
>>
File: IMG_4071.jpg (608KB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4071.jpg
608KB, 3264x2448px
It keeps rotating like that. I don't know why
>>
File: Capture.png (612KB, 828x447px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
612KB, 828x447px
>>
someone please
>>
>>113789
What the fuck even is that?

Is it basic math?
Graphic design for people on crack?
>>
>>113820
It is functions problems. Hardest thing I've ever done and I still have no clue what the fuck it is
>>
They do that in my high-school math class every year. Basically you get the functions, which when graphed make lines and shapes, and make a picture with them. In my class there's like three spongebobs up on the wall, as well as a Tinkerbell and a powerpuff girl, most of which look like the down syndrome versions of these, since they're being made out parabolas and such
>>
>>113821
Okay, I have an engineering degree, yet I can't even work out what that sheet is *asking*.

What in the fuck is this?
What *subject* is this?
Why do you have to draw a neat picture and not staple it?
What is a "hill"?
What is a "mountain"?
Why does none of the math make any sense?
Where do all the magic constants come from?

What. the. fuck. is. this?
>>
>>113827
This class is algebra, I'm gonna post pictures of notes in a minute
>>
http://imgur.com/a/oGIWu
>>
This vid shows what (f+g)(x) is
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n34dqyVCXs4
>>
well I'm fucked
>>
>>113835
>http://imgur.com/a/oGIWu

You should have posted this to begin with. You need to know what the functions f(x) and g(x) are before you perform these operations on them.

This notation is weird, I've never seen it before, except in function composition. I'm assuming:

(f+g)(x) = f(x) + g(x)
(f-g)(x) = f(x) - g(x)
(fg)(x) = f(x) * g(x)
(f/g)(x) = f(x) / g(x)

Assuming your algebra class is a good one (judging by this assignment, it may not be), you should already know how to simplify the resulting expressions once you plug in the functions. The basic rules of algebra SHOULD be introduced before functions.

>>113827
>What is a "hill"?
>What is a "mountain"?

I think those are difficulty levels, with different functions getting assigned based on which level you choose. Is that true OP?
>>
It's not that hard people...he just has to make his own functions and graph them on a paper to make a drawing. So for example on a graph paper draw a pretty picture, figure out which types of functions can make the lines or shapes you need to do a simple version of the drawing, and then redo it using those functions.
>>
In other words, draw a picture by solving 12 functions
>>
File: 1449021595309.jpg (2MB, 5000x5000px) Image search: [Google]
1449021595309.jpg
2MB, 5000x5000px
>>113870
>>113872
Holy shit.

Are you kidding me? They're doing this in algebra? I suppose the goal is to make it "more fun", but it just winds up being pointless busywork.

Not to mention, these instructions are awful. It took me so long to get the idea because I assumed this was a math assignment and not a fucking art project.
>>
pick some functions f,g,h,k

calculate the sums etc.

put the graphs in a neat picture, some of the shapes will be mountains, some hills, and wonder why you are making abstract art instead of math.

Protip: Do the math part, without thinking about the picture, plot the functions, and choose where to put them in the very last step.
>>
>>113860
>f + g etc.
It's used when you think of the functions as objects with operations between them.

f + g : + is the sum of two say real-valued functions (with the same domain)
f(x) + g(x): + is the usual addition in R
>>
>>113860
Yes that's true
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.