[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Computer shut off, and won't turn back on

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

File: 1444627480655.gif (3MB, 524x276px) Image search: [Google]
1444627480655.gif
3MB, 524x276px
I was in the middle of a gaming session, playing fallout 4, when suddenly, my computer shut off. At first, I thought this was a power surge, but when I tried to turn it back on, it wouldn't.
Here is a brief list of things I have done to attempt to breath life into my most vital possesion:
1: press the on button
2: unplug it and then replug it
3: try 4 different outlets
4: replace the power supply with an identical wattage one
5: replace the power cable
6: replace the mother board
7: replace the one button
8: scream "work goddamnit" at it
A green LED and a white LED are on. The green one is on the motherboard, and the white one is on the graphics card. The root of this problem may lie in me turning around a fan the day before this happened, but this is unlikely, as my computer never gets hot enough to completely burn out itself. Everything is plugged in as it should be, and everything is properly dusted. I have no idea what to do. Please, if anyone has any idea as to what happened, help me.
>>
*on button
>>
>>111897
Have you tried hitting it while yelling racial slurs?

Seriously though, can it be the monitor?
>>
>>111911
It's not the monitor. The fans aren't moving when I try to turn it on.
>>
>>111897
>turning around a fan
Like, doing a 180 degrees horizontal flip and installing it again?
>>
>>111914
I changed the direction. It used to be blowing outwards, and then I turned it to blow inwards.
>>
>fans aren't moving when I try to turn it on.

the psu is dead.
>>
>>111918
I changed the power supply unit. It's brand new.
>>
>>111897
HAEV YUO TRID BASTING EET WIF PISS?

Checked your cables (not just the power cable) and made sure there isn't a short somewhere?

Tried starting it with peripherals unplugged?
>>
>>111926
I've tried that. Everything in the computer but the disc drive is plugged in, and I had nothing by the power cord plugged into the computer.
>>
>>111924
If PSU's not dead, and if everything is correctly connected, and there's no short circuit, the PSU is not powerful enough.
>>
>>111942
It was working flawlessly before though, for several years. I had replaced the PSU with an identical, 500 watt PSU after this happened, and my last upgrade was months ago.
>>
>>111944
What was your latest upgrade? a new GPU?
>>
Disconnect everything from mobo and PS. Remove all cards and memory from mobo.

Connect PS only to mobo and the soft power switch to the mobo. If it powers on at this point, add one component back at a time (starting with all memory) until it stops working, when it does, that will be your issue.
>>
>>112043
I have tried that, it still does absolutely nothing.
>>
Have you tried changing the processor?
>>
>>112341
The processer wouldn't cause the computer to be completely dead. It would boot up, but just show an error message that there is no processer. In my case, none of the fans are even twitching.
>>
Reseat the ram and any cards. try different ram (must be same type) from a known working computer
>>
>>112596
What? The computer would boot up with only the motherboard and the power supply, but not even the fans in the power supply are turning on.
>>
>>112545
>The processer wouldn't cause the computer to be completely dead.
Not necessarily.

You can plug just the PS into the wall and short the power (green) pin and one of the ground (black) pins on the header with a paperclip to see if the fan spins up. If it does, I'd pull everything off the mobo, cpu and memory included and see if it powers then. CPU seems to be the common denominator.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.