[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are some good Code Geass-quality animes? Not necessarily

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 10

File: Code-geass_00386417.jpg (1MB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Code-geass_00386417.jpg
1MB, 1920x1200px
What are some good Code Geass-quality animes? Not necessarily animes like Code Geass, just animes with that level of perfection (in my opinion).
>>
>>10913
I really fucking disagree with your definition of perfection

if you want more heavily contrived anime similar to gode ceass power fantasy self insertion, you might like monster or death note.

You might also like berserk, but only if you can get permission from your parents to watch it.
>>
>>10919
That's not exactly why I liked it. I thought that the plot had enough twits and turns to keep me interested and thought the soundtrack was superb.

If you didn't like Code Geass, what's your favorite anime then? As I said, I'm not necessarily looking for anything similar to Code Geass, just perfection in general.
>>
>>10924
Not them but I found code geass to be pretty bad
especially season 2
but it was bad in an entertaining way at-least
Have you seen cowboy bebop yet?
>>
>>10944
I haven't. Would you recommend it?
>>
>>10924
Code geass is entry level on the things you're describing.

Twists and turns for the plot and epic sound track? I would say ghost in the shell, both seasons, and the movies if you want to get philosophical about cyborgs...

Kara no kyoukai has been very good too. I never finished death note, but Iassume it would be similar to code geass.

People tend to get all wrapped up in anime and lose their ability to objectively determine whether its good, or that they just like it. Makes it difficult to find expertly crafted anime.
>>
>>10950
Not him but it is certainly a million times better than Code Geass.

However, personal opinion, Outlaw Star is a million times better than Cowboy Bebop.
>>
>>10954
I'm not too experienced in watching anime, as you can probably tell, I just want to recreate that sense of astonishment and wonder I felt while watching Code Geass. Of course, since "perfection" is all subjective, I'll take you guys' recommendations and go from there.
>>
>>10955
I never finished serial experiments laid but I hear that was quite complex as well.

Its just like looking at good movies. There will be blood was an excellent movie, made by an intelligent director and set of actors. The genre is often irrelevant when a movie is dripping with artistic finesse and craft.

Kill la kill was highly rated by people that watched it, but I did not feel the animation was good enough to bear enduring all the moe bits. I enjoyed high school of the dead, but I knew objectively that if you didnt like apocalypse, it would be shit.
>>
File: 1444799275314.jpg (69KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1444799275314.jpg
69KB, 600x600px
>>10913
The plural of anime is anime, not animes, by the way.
>>
>>10963
How about Death Note? I thought that had a much better Byronic protagonist.
>>
>>10963
Ghost in the shell, If you dont like the action packed thrills of that, try bebop. Jojo is quite good too, but may be unappealing if you dont like flamboyant masculity
>>
>>10974
すみません, 日本語 が 話せる が アニメ の こと が まだ わからない
>>
>>10975
Tried that before Code Geass, loved it as well.
>>
File: 1447790823249.webm (2MB, 720x480px) Image search: [Google]
1447790823249.webm
2MB, 720x480px
>>10913
Have you tried Evangelion, or even LOTGH?
>>
I have to recommend Hunter x Hunter 2011 to you. It's one of the few shows where I can look at it 100% objectively and still not find any flaws. I urge you to give it a try and see if you feel the same way. If the premise doesn't initially grab your attention, let me just reassure you that there's much more to it than that.
>>
>>10986
What's LOTGH?
>>
If it helps to add, I also thought that Mirai Nikki was fantastic.
>>
File: 1449896119257.webm (3MB, 832x468px) Image search: [Google]
1449896119257.webm
3MB, 832x468px
>>10991
Legend of the Galactic Heroes

Google search next time, baka.
>>
>>10994
Sumimsen onii san
>>
>>10998
Anyways, yeah as some other anon recommended. Try Berserk.

The anime, not the movies.
>>
File: guts and his personal trainer.png (240KB, 1215x1800px) Image search: [Google]
guts and his personal trainer.png
240KB, 1215x1800px
>>11003
>watching berserk
For what purpose? Read the manga instead.
>>
>>11003
I saw the anime coming right off of the manga. I thought it was good, but personally the dated animation and the prior knowledge soiled it a bit. I heard that it's a bit like the anime Claymore, is that true?
>>
>>10992
>>10913

I'm curious do you prefer dubs or subs?
Also I strongly recommend FLCL its only 6 eps and has great music
>>
>>11011
Subs. The only dubs I have ever enjoyed even slightly were the Death Note dubs.

FLCL seems like a cool show, the light watch will make it easier. I'll check it out.
>>
>>11015
cool hope you enjoy it I prefer subs 95% of the time FLCL is one o the few I prefer dubbed
>>
I see a good amount of suggestions but not many that are similar to Code Geass imo, with the political intrigue and twists and betrayals and whatnot.

Yeah Berserk is a fucking awesome anime but it doesn't really have any of that, it's just Guts being a fucking psycho badass and Griff getting cucked hard
>>
>>11044
Anon, you really, really need to see LotGH if politics and strategy is your thing. It.ag like the napoleonic war as an anime, but with Alexander the Great instead of Napoleon
>>
>>10913
>just animes with that level of perfection
There aren't any. Geass is quite literally the greatest of all time.
Though there is some good stuff in different genres that are nearly as good. Mushi-shi, Spice and wolf, ef a tale of memories/melodies just to name a few.
If you are willing to read some manga you will find stuff more like geass. The artists behind Geass, Clamp, wrote Tsubasa: Reservoir Chronicle and XXXHolic. More similar plot-wise would be Bloody Monday or MPD Psycho.

>>10954
You mean people become emotionally invested in characters because the level of immersion is high and this often blind-sights them, making them unable to look beyond the main characters perspective? Oh wait, as long as events remain moderately difficult to predict that makes for an amazing anime with high re-watch value.
But you're the classical un-empathetic INTJ who's just looking for a series of events he hasn't seen before. And because you've seen Geass back when you started watching anime, newfag that you are, it is done for you. "That boring thing I've already seen before, go watch something obscure." I bet you liked Evangelion - it didn't make sense the second time, maybe it has re-watch value for you.
>>
>>10987
>It's one of the few shows where I can look at it 100% objectively and still not find any flaws.
Did you try watching the original anime? or the manga? the differences between them highlight a number of flaws; since the 2011 anime is the worst interpretation of HxH.
>>
>>11062
>Geass is quite literally the greatest of all time.

Kek.
>>
>>11060
By LotGH do you mean Legend of the Galactic Heroes? How similar is it to Cowboy Bebop?
>>
Also, what does everyone think of One Punch Man? A lot of my friends have been recommending it recently, though it seems to be to be more of a humor-action light read akin to the Beelzebub manga (not the anime because that was fucking garbage) rather than something that you get really invested in.
>>
>>11097
It's the flavor of the moment. Much like Attack on Titan was a year and change ago. In several months /a/ will shit on after gushing about it initially, just like AoT.

It's okay but it's overrated. Very nice animation though.
>>
Guilty Crown
>>
File: LoGH.png (1MB, 898x2895px) Image search: [Google]
LoGH.png
1MB, 898x2895px
>>11096
Different anon here. It's scifi and the MC likes to be lazy, those are pretty much it. LOGH is basically reading a book, a really great book I might add, but if you are looking for constant action then I wouldn't recommend it.
>>
File: 004 (1).jpg (495KB, 1720x1236px) Image search: [Google]
004 (1).jpg
495KB, 1720x1236px
>>11097
Yeah it's basically that, the manga on the other hand I highly recommend because of the art. And once you finish the manga read the webcomic if you care for the story
>>
>>11114
How much does Guilty Crown have in common with Code Geass? I heard some things about the political side to the plot and the screenwriter being the same but otherwise I'm not too sure. Would you recommend it over Code Geass?
>>
Everyone, thanks very much for your suggestions; I received a lot of good titles that I'll check out (as soon as I finish Love Live, which I'm actually enjoying greatly). I'll probably come back in a few months or so to give my opinions on these animes, but until then, goodnight everyone.
>>
>>11132
Geass>GC any day of the week. GC felt weaker plot-wise and generally more shallow throughout. I liked the "defense of the school" part, but otherwise GC seemed to capitalize on tropes while ignoring character development.
>>
>>11062
>But you're the classical un-empathetic INTJ who's just looking for a series of events he hasn't seen before.

You have to be 18 and over to post here, kid.
>>
>>11132
>over Code Geass
no
but if youre looking for something similar it is the closest you can get

It's the same MC gets amazing power and takes over the world plot
>>
>>11147
he who dealt smelt it
I bet you're young enough to be my son
>>
heres some of my favorites. all of them are 10/10, for me anyways.

>baccano!
>blood lad
>claymore
>danmachi
>full metal panic
>hunter x hunter
>high school DxD
>gundam 00
>gundam seed
>valvrave
>jojo
>prison school
>rosario to vampire
>sabagebu
>shingeki no kyojin
>strike the blood
>milky holmes
>sword art online
>toradora
>vampire knight
>zero no tsukaima
>suzumiya
>aldnoah.zero
>.hack//liminality

honorable mentions
>school days
>psycho-pass
>onegai teacher
>love hina
>hayate no gotoku!
>coppelion
>chaos;head
>amagi brilliant park
>shakugan no shana
>buddy complex
>aa! megami-sama!
>[spoiler]akikan![/spoiler]
>>
File: 1443025929542.jpg (226KB, 560x577px) Image search: [Google]
1443025929542.jpg
226KB, 560x577px
>>11200
That's just a list of all the shows you watched isn't it
>>
>>10913
Future diary? Death note?
>>
File: 1417472286543.png (46KB, 1131x595px) Image search: [Google]
1417472286543.png
46KB, 1131x595px
If you don't mind watching old stuff.

Universal Century Gundam
Turn A Gundam
Gundam 00
Gundam G no Reconguista (kinda confusing)
Macross series
Ideon
Fafner (S1 + movie + S2)
>>
>>11213
lol
maybe
no its not
every show i posted is the pinnacle of its genre. except maybe akikan, but i only included that because well, everyone should see akikan...
>>
>>11200
>SAO
>10/10
>>
>>11096
Watch the first 2 movies of LOGH, then you may know if you want to watch the whole series.
>>
>>11200
You just listed all the series you have seen.

Anyway what an ugly taste.
>>
>>11325
>Fafner (S1 + movie + S2)
Don't forget Right of Left.

It's a little fuck-you in between the series and the movie, just in case you found anything about the ending that could be considered the slightest cause for hope.

Also it has a kick-ass scene where one of the robots gets its canopy blown off, but they keep piloting it anyway.
>>
>>10913
This is a hard one, about 80% of anime I've seen was better than Code Geass. But I'm not going to post a list of 400 titles.
>>
>>10986
You present an animated sequence done by one of the most talented people in the industry and recommend that static images slide show in the same post? That's kind of disgusting.
Thread posts: 54
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.