[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Career advice

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

File: ylikond.webm (3MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
ylikond.webm
3MB, 640x360px
cool gifs/webms like this that make you want to be able to something as cool as this.
>>
>>831369
this is fucking beautiful
>>
File: gunsmith.webm (4MB, 532x300px) Image search: [Google]
gunsmith.webm
4MB, 532x300px
>>
File: glassblower.webm (3MB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
glassblower.webm
3MB, 640x480px
>>
>>831369
>posting this wonderful video without sound

You should be hanged.
>>
>>831369
Saw this on the front page, and I actually DO do this, and this video really makes it look simple and easy.
First, it shows him do one measurement, which of course there's more. About thirty more for a jacket alone.
One fitting is not enough except for cheap suits that you can get mail order, not bespoke like this man is getting. First fitting would be a muslin (cheap fabric to use just for fitting) to finalize things before moving on to the finished project. ESPECIALLY trousers, which can take a lot of work to make fit right and very counter intuitive to do so. You do not want to use $50 to $100 dollar a meter fabric for any fitting except minor final adjustments.
Sewing of a suit jacket is not a quick process. There is ALOT of hand sewing and pressing done to shape the garment. The inner parts of the jacket you can't see due to the lining can be very intricate to get the right lapel roll, shoulders, and collar. Multiple layers, all hand sewn.
Now, add to this fact that to stay in business, I am doing this for up to a hundred other customers at a time, and they all want their work done NOW and want to tell me what's correct when they have never picked up a needle in their life.
It's not a glamorous job, but it pays well, I do most of my work out of home, and you don't really need schooling to learn it all. Simple alterations to store brought clothes are my bread and butter, full ground up suits are uncommon but the pay out is nice.
Also this job will make you hate tits. They make proper fitting shirts a real pain.
>>
>>831412
OP here, thanks for the insights.
>>
>>831412
>I am doing this for up to a hundred other customers at a time

this doesn't make sense. how can you have 100 customers at once unless you employ extra people.
>>
>>831412
How did you get into that career?
>>
>>831374
I've been looking for this awhile now thanks.
>>
>>831393
Found the source.
https://vimeo.com/37337769
The webm is a bunch of cuts from a longer video so the original audio wouldn't suit it very well. You can add some music if you want.
>>
>>831412
My respect to you sir
>>
>>831412
is that why runway models have no boobies?
>>
>>832433
>is that why runway models have no boobies?
It is part of the reason.
>>
>>831376
No way m8
This shit is just awesome
>>
>>831376
makes me wonder, it's that his workshop or his home? it bothers me that someone so talented with a skill that can make him pretty good cash is poor.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.