[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Fictional/Non-Fictional Emergency broadcast warnings

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 8

File: 1485074904732.webm (4MB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
1485074904732.webm
4MB, 320x240px
Emergency broadcast messages scare the living shit out of me. Anything creepy, storm related, fictional ECT...
>>
File: 1485075091974.webm (4MB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
1485075091974.webm
4MB, 480x270px
2/3
>>
File: 1485670156323.webm (4MB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
1485670156323.webm
4MB, 480x360px
3/3 sorry I wish I had more but this is my last one
>>
>>1536940
That type of message feel like what would have been used had the US seized japan.
>>
>>1536932
I don't have it saved, but I remember there is one of these that's of a dash cam of a car and the GPS is leading the driver to the middle of nowhere.
>>
File: Fastest Available Route.webm (4MB, 480x300px) Image search: [Google]
Fastest Available Route.webm
4MB, 480x300px
>>1537009
Never mind, I just found it.
>>
>>1537022
Spooky as fuck
>>
>>1536966
Checked
>>
>>
>>1536935
At "Remain calm at all times", it needs the sound of someone knocking on the door to make the viewer look.
>>
>>1536966
i think you mean the other way round
>>
>>1537445
What show was this? I remember this shit
>>
>>1538570
I wish to live in a world where people read filenames.
>>
>>1536940
If you pay attention, you notice at the end for a few frames it says "Hoax Apology Card"
"In the event of accidental broadcast during off-air remote operation relay test"

Which means that it wasn't a hijack, but the accidental broadcast of a classified government contingency plan that never saw use.

You also notice that the president signature near the middle of the video is that of Lyndon B. Johnson, meaning this plan was made between the JFK assassination and 1968, pre-moon landing, while one of the title cards for local 58 before the accidental broadcast shows a picture of the moon landing, meaning this accidental broadcast happened sometime in the 70's. You can actually feel the aesthetic difference between the local 58 shit which has a warm. dark orange color and a groovy 1970's logo, while the 1960's archive footage of the contingency message reel is more grainy and has a bright, less warm orange.

There are so much little details that show how much work went into this video and I love it and its DEEPEST LORE.

Here is my contribution, a real broadcast hijacking video.
>>
>>1537573
No, I meant exactally what was said, weeb.
>>
>>1539429
I FUCKIN LOVE MAX HEADROOM!! Why do people find this creepy?
>>
>>1536940
>All this talk about being called to action, not truly declaring defeat
>Contingency plan is a nationwide suicide pact
I was expecting to make the citizens fight back, like America would likely have them do.
>>
>>1539429
I think my dad was watching when this happened.
>>
>>1536940
>Victory Position
>front lawn face up
Clearly a trick to make you look up at the moon, so that the supernatural alien invaders from the first one can steal your soul.

Nice try, space kikes.
>>
>>1539475
The suicide pact was not part of the original plan
it was something forced in by what ever Thing had been considered unbeatable, and worthy of an immediate surrender
>>
>>1539429
I mean, it is just a fake video but yeah the effort people put into things makes it all the better.
>>
>>1536935
I just started some new anxiety meds and this is making me fucked up
>>
>>1536932
>>1536940
>>1536966
I think it's meant to be a continuation of OP's video. Whatever showed up at the end of the OP video is some kind of monster/alien so horrific that suicide is preferable to letting it take you alive.

>>1537573
Doubt it. Americans have traditionally never had the sort of mindset that the Japs were infamous for from 1920-1945. Hell, I don't think any country really has. Not to mention that the idea of Japan ever "seizing" the US is kind of absurd, giving its size and the fact that half its army was busy trying and failing to "seize" China.
>>
>>1539429
Maybe the US mission to the moon woke something up...
>>
>>1542302
It's okay, because there aren't any more to post. Good thread everyone. You got all five.
>>
>>1537022
>He actually turned off his lights
I mean you've already gone that far, don't bitch out at the last second like that.
>>
>>1539516
kek
>>
File: EBS Activation 1992 LA Riots.webm (4MB, 450x360px) Image search: [Google]
EBS Activation 1992 LA Riots.webm
4MB, 450x360px
how about a real one
>>
I lost sleep for a couple of days in a row once because I was so spooked by EAS videos on YouTube. The worst part about them is that I can't stop watching them despite my better judgment telling me that I should calm my nerves with music or something, or I'm going to stay a better part of the week being paranoid of zombie prion and Russian saturation nuclear bombardment of America.

There's a certain sense of looming fear in high-pitched EAS tones and mechanical text-to-speech voices that no amount of cheesy creepypasta and horror movies can imitate. TV, Internet, and to an ever decreasing degree radio are all tools that we've come to acknowledge as emotional anchor, and as sources of mental comfort from which we seek background noises to maintain a sense of connection to the rest of the world, the assurance that you're not isolated.

Imagine that one night, you're sitting on the sofa, bundled up in a warm blanket, watching a rerun of an AMC drama series to distract yourself from the nagging silence, when suddenly, the pleasant background noise goes out like a light, and the scenery on the screen is replaced with a harsh contrast of blocky white text against pitch black background, warning you of an imminent foreign attack on US soil. You're scooped out from the comfortable illusion you shut yourself in right into the cold reality where you're greeted with the knowledge that all that you hold dear may be in jeopardy, and you're left to fend for yourself. And that discordant signal is what signals it all.

Emergency broadcast warnings are fucking terrifying.
>>
>>1536935
Man, I keep looking at the ceiling to remind myself this is fake. I'm naturally paranoid, and this stuff always fucks me up.
>>
>>1536966
>If
So, how's that Greater East Asia Co-Prosperity Sphere going for you, Masaharu Morimoto?
>>
>>1546592
Find your nearest Roof Koreans, and come to them under a South Korean flag.
>>
>>1546620
>the nagging silence
How long this has been a thing, now? 100, 150 years ago, silence was about all you could expect. I wonder what changed. Makes me want to go browse /x/.
>>
File: M66.webm (4MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
M66.webm
4MB, 1280x720px
I like the ones with chimes and tones and robot voices as you watch the shockwave slowly expand across the country.
>>
** https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5tA100N3G6o
>>
>>1536935
This one goes really well with this pasta:
>>
>>1553064
http://creepypasta.wikia.com/wiki/The_Disappearance_of_Ashley,_Kansas

sorry, forgot the link
>>
>>1549977
What is this?
>>
>>1539429
Was all that bullshit you posted about that fake local 58 video?
>>
>>1553112
Yeah no shit it is fake mouthbreather, I'm complimenting the work the creators put into that fictional video.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qV0I-iA5lJU
>>
>>1537022
nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnope I skipped this one

couldn't do it
>>
>>1546620
>Emergency broadcast warnings are fucking terrifying.
100% completely agree with you
>and that feeling is fucking electrifying

The sound, it's the fucking sounds that mess me up.
>>
>>1553108
some earthquake meme
>>
>>1536932
Yeesh, looks like the Moon-Presence is at it again.
>>
>>1554131
Thread posts: 45
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.