[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: Bartneder Magazine/General Cocktail Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 13

File: 【Rum Martinez】.webm (4MB, 650x364px) Image search: [Google]
【Rum Martinez】.webm
4MB, 650x364px
I just found out about this little series and I am thoroughly impressed.
I'm just wanting an appreciation thread/a compilation of the best ones you anons can find and whatever other nice cocktail-making vids you got that aren't Bartender Magazine related.

Bonus points if it includes roasting/grinding herbs, ice, etc.
>>
>>1428961
Its incredible how pretentious faggots can make the simple act of drinking alcohol into such a ridiculous display. Humans are truly fucking retarded.
>>
>>1429015
t. PoorFag
>>
>>1429226
>le its expensive so its le good

cant wait until ww3/the economic collapse so all you cancerous cells get hit with some much needed chemo
>>
Wow, I never knew it was such a big thing.
>>
>>1429244
What if I told you that sometimes, things are good so they're expensive?

What if I told you that some people pay for the experience, and not just the physical product?
>>
>>1429460
>What if I told you that sometimes, things are good so they're expensive?
Yeah, like Macbooks and Beats by Dre, amirite

>What if I told you that some people pay for the experience, and not just the physical product?
What if I told you a fool and his money are soon parted?
>>
>>1428961
anyone who orders something like that sucks cock for real, male or female, i guarantee a fine scotch tastes better, and all the bartender needs to do is pour it, all that pageantry is just for twats to blow smoke up their own asses
>>
>>1429456
Neither did I, anon, not until I found this webm a month or two ago and finally found it last night. Apparently cocktail making is a popular night-life profession.
>>
>>1429015

There's charm in the display. Anything can be a presentation. All you have to do it allow for it. For example, the alcohol is basically an non-issue. The fact that you get a drink at the end of it is just a bonus.
>>
>>1429015
Its all about pazzaz you uncultured swine.
>>
It's all bullshit guys.
>>
>>1428961
My biggest complaint is that he positions the handle of the glass in the same direction as that fine smoke-able (no one seems to enjoy the word "cigarello" even if it's made of the same quality ingredients as a cigar). Not that you need to be smoking WHILE drinking, but to pair them, you need to hold the cigarillo in one while managing sips with the other hand.

Overall, it cant be more than a 9/10. Really tripped over the finish line.
>>
>>1428961
Also he isn't "roasting" anything with a brulé torch like that... That shit went straight to charred. The smoke isn't full of sublimated compounds and evaporated oils like you might get from an indirect heat source (roast) or a slow burn such as incense. It's just smoke.
>>
>>1428961
that looks delicious.
>>
mixology is the most self-sucking bullshit i've ever seen

overly serious bartenders who demand respect while they "work on their art" need to be laughed at until they kill themselves

the people who seriously romanticize this 1920s, smoky sexy jazz room with bartenders in bow ties aesthetic deserve hillary clinton as their president
>>
File: 【Gimlet】.webm (4MB, 700x392px) Image search: [Google]
【Gimlet】.webm
4MB, 700x392px
>>1430527
Ah, I see. Sorry anon, slip of the tongue, won't happen again.

>>1430515
Agreed, but I'll be damned if it doesn't sound fancier saying "... then you garnish with a lit cigar."

OP here, was expecting maybe one or two more webms amidst the arguing but I'm honestly enjoying myself just finding new videos to convert. Damn these drinks are sexy. Who knows what they are doing when they swirl the ice in the glass; are they chilling the glass?
>>
>>1430546
No worries, ragging on cigarillo was a jab at myself. I don't often feel like smoking anything like a 5x42 cigar, but it still feels gay as fuck to say I smoke cigarillos. For instance, that one in the OP looked fantastic. If you're ever looking for a great little smoke, Acid Cigars C-Notes. Awesome, great overtone of sage.
>>
File: 【Mori Martini】.webm (4MB, 750x420px) Image search: [Google]
【Mori Martini】.webm
4MB, 750x420px
>>1430544

Who ever said they demanded respect?

It just looks nice, nothing more to it than that.

And given there are those that demand respect, they're assholes, simply put.

But so far, all I've seen are just people making nice-looking drinks for cameras.
>>
fake and gay
>>
>>1430561

Don't listen to the haters OP. 4chan isn't a place to appreciate things like class, elegance, and so forth. I totally concede that things like this lend themselves to pretentiousness, and plenty of fedora fags or guys who get off just a bit too much on shows like Mad Men could totally bandwagon this kind of thing.

That said, I imagine most of the people shitting on your thread would shit on the Japanese tea ceremony, since a lot of the same critiques could be levelled against it - after all, it's just drinking tea, right?

Again, some won't get it, but I do. Thanks for these webms.
>>
>>1430544
>the people who seriously romanticize this 1920s, smoky sexy jazz room with bartenders in bow ties aesthetic
I like all that stuff and I voted for Trump...
You'e probably some underage fag who couldn't get into one of these places b/c the bouncer potted your fake ID.
>>
>>1430546
The first drink made sense because of the smoke factor but the fact this drink took 2 minutes and all that jazz hands to produce is truly ridiculous.
Thats some pretentious horseshit if Ive ever seen it.
>>
>>1430870
I had no problems with the other videos but yeah fuck that one.
>"A real gimlet is half gin and half rose's lime juice, and nothing else."
t. Raymond Chandler
>>
File: 【Aberdeen Angus】.webm (4MB, 720x404px) Image search: [Google]
【Aberdeen Angus】.webm
4MB, 720x404px
This is from a an anime called Bartender. They show the making of different drinks during the closing theme at the end of every episode.
>>
File: smoke bomb.webm (1MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
smoke bomb.webm
1MB, 1280x720px
>>
>>1430961
how can they get the ice to be hollow but still seal
>>
>>1430970
There's a hole in the top that's blocked by the olive.
>>
>>1429015
enjoy your coors light
>>
How in the actual fuck are you people going to post these webms with no fucking sounds? Fuck this thread I hope its napalmed by a janitor.
>>
>>1429015
Don't buy them, easy as that. Supply and demand is beautiful in that if no one is willing to buy expensive drinks, they wouldn't exist! But I like seeing a good bartender spending time to create a taste experience for me which I couldn't possibility recreate at my own home by my own hands. Sure I like tap beer too, but it serves different purpose.

It's like 4 meal dinner, sure its expensive as fuck, but I get to taste stuff I wouldn't even dream of making home, that's part of human experience, learning something new.
>>
What a low test thread.
>>
>>1430424
>>1430410
not that guy but

>there's charm in alcohol being poured by a faggot in faggoty ways

lel, what a bunch of idiots.
Just fucking drink, bitches.
>>
>>
File: can i have my drink now.webm (3MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
can i have my drink now.webm
3MB, 1920x1080px
>>
>>1430410
>For example, the alcohol is basically an non-issue. The fact that you get a drink at the end of it is just a bonus.

I like high end drinks, but anyone who thinks this way is a literal cuckold.
>>
>>
File: crystal cut ice.webm (3MB, 426x240px) Image search: [Google]
crystal cut ice.webm
3MB, 426x240px
>>
>>1428961
After the first time I saw this, I got hung up on the idea of making it myself. Pulled it off a few months ago the first time the weather cooled off. the rum very distinctively picks up the smoke from the wood chips and really tempers the natural sweetness of the liquor. The end result is a cocktail that has a smokiness reminiscent of Lagavulin but with far more depth. The hardest part for me was getting the chips to burn long enough to fill a decanter. I don't have a smoking gun, so I used a tin funnel and a kitchen torch to get the chips burning and headed where I needed them to go.
>>
>>1430546
Yeah, swirling the ice is just an easy way to chill the glass without having to refrigerate it. This one kind of bugs me because the gimlet is one of the simplest cocktails to make, and the ice water is just a really unnecessary addition. It's 4:1 gin to sweetened lime juice, shaken or stirred as preferred and served over ice, 4:1 gin to lime with a splash of simple syrup if you're using the older recipe as he does here.
>>
>>1430561
This one is more of a churchill than a traditional martini, but at least he didn't needlessly complicate it. Curious as to what that dropper he used at the start was for though. Bitters of some kind?
>>
>>1431177
Well that just looks inconvenient to drink.
>>
File: fire and ice.webm (3MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
fire and ice.webm
3MB, 1920x1080px
>>
File: rainbow shots.webm (4MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
rainbow shots.webm
4MB, 640x360px
>>
>>1435309
Its funny because this is actually REALLY terrible.
>>
>>1435650
so like, when you go the gay bar and order this with nine of your friends and you get the last shot, you just end up with a shot of grenadine? sounds really fun
>>
>>1435684
yes.
>>
>>1429467
Its must be hard being the smartest kid in highschool
Dont worry, you wont be an edgy contrarian forever
>>
>>1435684
I guess the protip if someone buys one of these is to position yourself in front of the palest yellow shot.
>>
>>1430561

Oh. I thought it was a joke webm of that guy stirring looped for over a minute and started laughing.
>>
File: PhilCrazy.gif (1MB, 294x233px) Image search: [Google]
PhilCrazy.gif
1MB, 294x233px
>>1429244
Hey you dropped your tin foil hat. Why are you even here?
>>
>>1430558 >>1430870 >>1431538

No you guys. The chilled glass and the "jazzy" shaking is a very very important step in making this cocktail frothy. See? It's important he's not just doing it to "look fancy"
>>
>>1431418
Ah, ice on the rocks. Now that's fancy.
>>
>>1429467
careful bro i think your fedora's on too tight, it might be cutting your circulation
>>
>>1430927
I thought I was the only one whos seen this show.
>>
>>1435309
>black guy and white girl

/pol/ is right yet again.
>>
File: 1478691200806.gif (967KB, 270x252px) Image search: [Google]
1478691200806.gif
967KB, 270x252px
>when you unironically only order miller high life
>>
>>1430544
Strongly agree. I'm not much of a drinker but when I do it's strictly beer and liquor. Mixology is for weak sisters who can't hold their booze. All the bartenders I know, and I know quite a few working at a boozy brunch hub, are insufferably pretentious about their art but can't even consistently pour a beer without a fuckton of head and have the kitchen make their simple syrup. Deadbeats, the lot of em.
>>
>>1430561
>Making cocktails
>Doesn't precisely measure his proportions
FUCKING GOOKS
>>
>>1437512
Eh, it's a meme "extra extra dry" martini, which is just a fancy excuse to get fucked up on gin. The exact measurements aren't going to make much difference.
>>
>>1429015
If I can't get drunk by having a Japanese bartender serve me wood-smoked mountain-aged rum with a cuban cigar then what's the point of drinking to begin with?
>>
>>1435309
This is so fucking pointless it hurts my soul.
Thread posts: 62
Thread images: 13

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.