[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

really makes you think

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 314
Thread images: 59

File: Alain de Botton on Pessimism.webm (3MB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
Alain de Botton on Pessimism.webm
3MB, 480x360px
>>
File: Pawn of Nefarious Men.webm (3MB, 520x293px) Image search: [Google]
Pawn of Nefarious Men.webm
3MB, 520x293px
>>
File: it just happened.webm (1MB, 840x473px) Image search: [Google]
it just happened.webm
1MB, 840x473px
>>
File: taste the sky.webm (1MB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
taste the sky.webm
1MB, 480x360px
>>
File: anemoia.webm (4MB, 480x365px) Image search: [Google]
anemoia.webm
4MB, 480x365px
>>
File: onism.webm (4MB, 560x231px) Image search: [Google]
onism.webm
4MB, 560x231px
>>
File: kittyrock.webm (2MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
kittyrock.webm
2MB, 1280x720px
fucked up if true
>>
>>1402973
what's the background music?
>>
File: extentions of man.webm (4MB, 240x180px) Image search: [Google]
extentions of man.webm
4MB, 240x180px
>>
>>1403400
Amazing, source on the speaker?
>>
>>1403433
Blasphemer!
>>
>>1403433
Found him, terence mckenna.
Apparently I have, amongst my digital library, his book on growing mushrooms, who could imagine...
>>
>>1403433
Terence McKenna
He's got a hypnotic authentic style that I love.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7PucjQXO2k0
>>
>>1403400
he speaks as if the kind of technology that is developed or the path it takes isn't because of a political agenda. technology isn't something that gets built progressively in every direction. it takes a very narrow path that depends on the demands of society, and those demands are influenced by politics and thus, ideologies.
>>
File: wake up sheeple.webm (4MB, 240x185px) Image search: [Google]
wake up sheeple.webm
4MB, 240x185px
>>
>>1402966
>>1403400
>>1403471
These are great.
Please post more if you have them.
>>
File: Living Forever.webm (4MB, 240x180px) Image search: [Google]
Living Forever.webm
4MB, 240x180px
>>
File: THE YOUNG GENERATION.webm (2MB, 360x270px) Image search: [Google]
THE YOUNG GENERATION.webm
2MB, 360x270px
>>
>>1402973
source on the animu?
>>
>>1402966
Any serious philosopher knows Nietzsche is full of shit, and that he's only talked about now because of edge lords spouting his shit on internet message boards.
>>
>>1403774

Samurai x
>>
>>1403400
Kaczynski did literally nothing wrong.
>>
>>1403702
I remember this episode, this scene always stuck out to me. Mr. Feeny was based as fuck
>>
>>1403637
make it stop
>>
File: alright.webm (229KB, 1270x540px) Image search: [Google]
alright.webm
229KB, 1270x540px
>>1403784
you dont know a goddamn thing.
being a serious philosopher in the west amounts to being a pretentious weak bitch with a degree that tells him what he is.

Nietzsche was based as fuck.
Unless youve suffered like he says you have no fucking clue
>>
>>1403784

>Nietzsche
>The main contributor of the genealogical method later used by Foucault, major forerunner of the Existentialist conception of "authenticity", forerunner of constructivist epistemology, responsible for shaking up an Ethics that was then dominated by Kant's excessive moralism, major cultural critic in his day

>Full of shit, ignored by serious philosophers and only talked about because of edge lords on the internet

Do you even know the first thing about Nietzsche beyond the bullshit you get in shitty imageboards?
>>
>>1402966
>That hair

JUST
>>
File: leaving the monkey behind.webm (4MB, 240x180px) Image search: [Google]
leaving the monkey behind.webm
4MB, 240x180px
>>
>>1403491
you are not wrong, but the point he wants to make is that ideologies limits your views. the initial purpose of a technology, like the german rocket program during ww2, did have influence, outside its ideology of mass destruction. it improved/redefined aeronautics and other engineering areas, without an agenda, just as by product that happens to be useful
>>
File: in a divine play.webm (4MB, 240x160px) Image search: [Google]
in a divine play.webm
4MB, 240x160px
>>
>>1403158

motherfucker
can manly tears be excused?
>>
>>1402978
whats with the slavo-chinese narrator?
>>
>>1404488
>>1404490
Bet you guys think Fedoras look good
>>
....anyways...
>>
>>1403702
so condescending. generations must be raised. you cant blame children for a lack of exceptionalism when you plop them in front of a tv
>>
>>1403591
Source?
>>
>>1403591
Towards the end, this started to sound like a cult pitch. Never seen the movie, maybe it is.
>>
>>1404930
How does it feel not having college education?
>>
>>1405280

don't stoop
>>
>>1404528
Only those we who suffer know how to resist these weak ass memes.
>>
>>1403637
Where is the source??
>>
>>1402966
whoever said that it´s just a pretentious fag who didn´t have enough suffering in his life, or was bored already of his brurguese life. that crap also comes from the worse mind chain of our era, the christian assumption that suffering is something that works as a source of holiness, which is just a mediocre dogmatic and twisted tendence to praise and value death pain and everything that is naturaly bad, as those under that delusion will criminalize and se as sinful the plentiness, hapiness and lubric nature of sex and all that is naturally pleasurable in life, wich is if you ask me, retarded. it works as follows:
"oh! I was a fucking dick to my fellow brothers? ok, instead of trying to fix it, I´ll go to some isolated holy place and hurt myself, and private myself of the good things, that way, I´ll show how much of a fucking nice, religious fellow I am, without the need to restore the bread, money, or whatever thing I ALREADY took benefit from, which I dont actually want to do, of course, I´ll rather go to a church and prettend I am such a meek, prayer praying cunning shit"

I have seen that shitover and over, fuck it
enjoy your lifes as much as you can pals, suffering and pain and all kind of shit will come uninvited and plenty, why to strive for it? fuck that shit.
>>
>>1403158
yeah because you can do somu many cool stuff without a fucking dime in your pockets:
self-guilt propaganda in crisis times caused by your inept leaders ftw

go and suck my balls, it´s a nice experience you didn´t experience fagget, what are you waiting for?? IT´S FREE
>>
>>1405694
Nietzsche wan't Christian. In fact one of his major works is titled "God is Dead."
>>
>>1405740
jesus you must be a reatrd, a very deep bottom retard that is sure. it has nothing to do with if he was christian or not, he was raised and lived in a christian culture based region as any other occidental fag, you moron, that is what a i meant, your whole paradigm shit is based on what we call the Judeo-Christian culture,, thus no matter how ateasit or edgy you could be, that shit it´s still going to oooze from each pore of your faggy and poor mediocre mind, and that bite nietsche´s ass like the twisted perv he was, you get it nigga?
no harm meant
>>
for mckenna fans
https://archive.org/details/PsychedeliaRawArchivesOfTerenceMckennaTalks
his 12 min on archaic revival is beautiful

>>1402966
i agree one of the ways to build character is through "suffering" or more like, exposing yourself to environments and situations in which you feel vulnerable. leaving the comfort zone.

it's interesting how invigorated you can suddenly feel after something as simple as a challenging social encounter. be healthy, have faith in the machinery, problems solve themselves.
>>
>>1402973
Holy fuck this has to be the worse fucking dub out there. But still, It didn't ruin the scene (much)
>>
>>1403637
fuck
>>
>>1403637
>leperturbedpseudman.jpg
Into the trash it goes.
>>
File: 8kZLcI9.gif (285KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
8kZLcI9.gif
285KB, 500x375px
>>1403784
i mean you gotta take everything that philosophers say with a grain of salt man. some shit was retarded some of it was insightful. he was completely crazy at the end of his life. but thats what philosophy is just think about what they said and translate it and use it as you will.
>>
>>
>>1403471
He says that ideology is toxic, that there are no political solutions only technological ones, then goes on to bash 'western industrial capitalism' ... contradicts himself entirely does he not?
>>
>>1403591
That last part is just Asimov's Foundation
>>
>>1403702
We got this far without any stupid ones, but holy shit that was fucking dumb
>>
>>1405807
Jeez, you must be pretty afraid that nietzche's right.
>>
>>1405694
>naturaly bad
>>
>>1405694
>>1405807
>being this edgy
>>
>>1403591
>like Jews in Germany in the late 30's
LEL
>>
>>1403591
>the 60's were the last burst of the human being
Oh fuck off
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B2L1-TgfKb4&ab_channel=lifecoach8pt0
>>
>>1405807
>tips fedora*
>>
File: On tv you can't see the abyss.webm (3MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
On tv you can't see the abyss.webm
3MB, 640x360px
>>
>>1403591
>>1405233

Source hasn't been posted yet, but it's the film "My Dinner With Andre".
>>
>>1405694
You are assuming that suffering is dark and evil and the worst thing that could happen. Nietzsche explains it as a state of realisation and that its a tool to help you fade away the overly pessimistic philosophies that we fall upon to help us cope with the world. He wanted people to be strong enough to deal with the harsh realities of the world and not hide away into the forgiveness of Christianity.
>>
>>1403400

Dude dmt lmao

Guys a genus though
>>
>>1403400
Not sure if I buy his shit, but he's pretty fun to listen to.
>>
>>1403702
Access to technology is not related to the will to learn.
>>
File: 1458938353697.gif (103KB, 727x682px) Image search: [Google]
1458938353697.gif
103KB, 727x682px
>>1405694
>brurguese
>>
>>1406429
What is this from?
>>
>>1406564
"Look Who's Back" I believe is the title.
>>
>>1406269
Seems like he is just getting more specific, attacking the predominant ideology right now.
>>
File: superintelligence.webm (4MB, 240x180px) Image search: [Google]
superintelligence.webm
4MB, 240x180px
>>1406493
Yeah you've got to interpret him as a sort of really smart poet. He himself explained that he's often playing with radical ideas and his own positions shift a lot. Half of his lectures seem to support ufo's and magical thinking, the other half the time he makes fun of those notions as silly. The dude probably did more mushrooms than any living person in history, so I kind of give him a pass on having a slippery grip on reality.
>>
>>1405669
Don hertzfeldt - its such a beautiful day
>>
>>1405807
>nigger can't comprehend abstract concepts
No harm meant bruh know wham saying bruh? shieet bruh dis nigga nietzche is some christian heterosexual buzzwordbuzzword shiet.
>>
>>1404488
All I have is a highschool diploma the post
>>
>>1404539
>predicting social media

fucking psychadelics
>>
>>1406478
yeah so you assume your role as a nice working class moron, right? righ???? oooh mah nigga, you are getting to the point now...
now seriously, you still are again idolizing all that agony worship shit, mane, shiiiet, I know we all are a lotsa toughminded basterds, but just, for a secm try to get through my point will ya bhrota´ ?
sex, drug, funny moments with friends and shiet----gooooood

death, suffering, working like a moron for the benefir of your boss, the state etc----baaaaaade

will we start working or walking to the nice places budydydydy?? please, we are old already man, get real j-christ they are fucking our arses raw, would kind of fucking right time to strat to get a lil fucking smart, wouldn´t be?
>>
>>1407248
....so.. you're black?
>>
File: wakemeup.webm (594KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
wakemeup.webm
594KB, 640x360px
>>1406501
>Access to technology is not related to the will to learn.
yes it is, because the better technology there is, the easier everything becomes so you don't have any work drive to accomplish anything when everything is so easy so you accomplish nothing
>>
>>1406305
>We got this far without any stupid ones
are you kidding? how clever do you think 19th century peasants were?
that the same peasants drive toyota and prattle on facebook doesn't make them any different from the ones that dug potatoes and drank moonshine everyday
>>
>>1407350
because cultivating huge field by 100 people is so great accomplishment than doing it with one tractor
>>
>>1407277
not black.... BACK
and stil... I am YUR NIGGAH
>>
>>1402966
Cuck.
>>
>>1406429
this is meant to be powerful but its a pretty shitty speech
the real guy had way better ones
>>
>>1403591
Inconceivable!
>>
File: Bad_santa_dirty.webm (2MB, 1920x1040px) Image search: [Google]
Bad_santa_dirty.webm
2MB, 1920x1040px
>>
File: never give upu.webm (3MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
never give upu.webm
3MB, 1280x720px
>>
>>1409745
*salutes*
>>
>>1407456
Funny thing is, right now, it would be something hard to accomplish with a hundred people.
>>
>>1403784
>any serious philosopher
>serious philosopher
Boy you must be a fucking riot at parties.
>>
>>1403471
>Use verbiage and hyperbole to say we shouldn't poison the planet and that consumerism is bad
>>
>>
>>1406429
Just found out this is on Netflix. Gonna go watch it now.
>>
>>1403471
>>1403400
Liked this a lot. But as an economist i have to disagree with some of the things that he says. When he says we need to separate tecnology from ideology that is simply not possible. In many cases Ideology is tecnology. For exemple, we have an area of economics witch is microeconomics, within microeconomics you can build rigorous mathematical proofs that shows something is true and so the tecnology "microeconomics" will evolve. But it also happens that microeconomics is an ideology (liberal/libertarian).

I think he is using a limited notion of what tecnology means. As if it was just building a faster computer or a more productive way to harvest rice or something. When in reality, tecnology can be a new way to see things or new metodological instruments to analyse/solve problems.
>>
>>1406429
>people showing discontent with immigration
>people questioning government policies
>movie isn't immediately demonizing Hitler
Is this movie banned in Germany by any chance?
>>
>>1410068
Yeah if I remember right. I'm surprised it didn't get he creators arrested.
>>
File: Their Thought-Process.webm (2MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
Their Thought-Process.webm
2MB, 640x360px
>>1402966
>>
>>1409975
He says above, "technology is simply an extension of man", and I think he really means the broad sense of technology - some tool that humans use to advance ourselves beyond what was otherwise possible.

When you say that microeconomics is also libertarianism, I think it's more that microeconomics is *associated with* libertarianism, or describes some part of the larger whole of libertarianism - but microeconomics is, of itself, indifferent to libertarianism. It's the human emotional investment that turns it from a collection of mathematical proofs into a social doctrine.
>>
>>1402966
hey..uhm... thank you
>>
>>1410090
Seems Germans were allowed to watch it; much to my surprise:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Look_Who%27s_Back_(film)#Box_office_and_reception
>The film had box office success, reaching number one in Germany in its third week of release.
https://www.theguardian.com/film/2015/oct/27/hitler-comedy-look-whos-back-germany-movie-box-office
I don't want to go so far as to say that maybe the backlash is coming; but it's interesting in any case.
>>
>>1409931
ew,defending faggots?
How low can you get
>>
>>1410372
Found the closet homosexual
>>
>>1410372
>Ew picking and choosing what parts of your religion you follow.
Hypocrasy. You cant claim moral authority if the source you derive it from is a buffet platter. Either follow it all or follow none. Because if you dont others can look to what you dont follow and go one step more.
The only the difference between an atheist and a christian is the belief in one fewer deity.
>>
>>1407452
while i agree with the general disdain you have for lower class (most of them aren't worth thinking about, some are much more decent than any other ppl i know), to compare illeterate 19th century peasant to modern day westerner is bogus on every level. The simple fact that you can read and do basic math would place you miles above those guys.

I lived in Africa and not knowing how to read and count basically prevents you from using basic logic or imaginary concept. it may be a happier life, but it's a dumber life too.
>>
>>1409975
Microeconomics in and of itself isn't an ideology.... Thinking microeconomical decisions will have more impact than macroeconomical one is an ideology, or studying microeconomics with shades of ideology (which most uni teachers seem to have) could also be treacherous.

But realizing that your marginal cost increase at some point doesn't strike me as particularly ideological, no ? (or there is an ideology to it which is so deeply ingrained within me that i never realized it, that too is possible.)
>>
>>1409931
Aaron Sorkin, like Stephen King never gets tired of bashing christians. It's cheap and easy.
>>
>>1411968
ew,trying to say that people that are not me are better than me, as an argument?

ey pal,I could just tell you that i'm an atheist and also am against homosexuality, then your entire non-existent "point" goes down the water.

I wanna tell you that I dislike the fact that people wanna shove down the throat of everyone that homosexuality should be praised and accepted,while its everything but a viable way of living.

and also webm that i reacted to,felt exactly that way, trying to shove propaganda down everyone's throat
>>
>>1409931

Pretty lazy writing tbqh
>>
File: British Black Supremacy TV.webm (3MB, 720x280px) Image search: [Google]
British Black Supremacy TV.webm
3MB, 720x280px
>>
>>1412010
MicroEconomics isn't an ideology, but my religion is capitalist. I believe in the holy value of stocks, which to some seem arbitrary. And I uphold the values of the free market.
>>
>>1402973
That's why the way of the true warrior is self-defense only
>>
>>1403213
True only in the way that if you could dream whatever you want for 80 years you will get bored eventually and that's when you find out that you actually like resistance/struggle.
The way he explains got carried away by blurring the lines between pain and pleasure.
Also determined that life should suck because he doesn't know any better.
>>
>>1406493
He's intent was not to win you over into some kind of brainwashing he was more determined to free your thinking. Which could only be done if you let go of you pre conceived notions derived from cultural programming.
>>
>>1412314
His*
>>
>>1412287
This must have been made to specifically piss off /pol/, right? Nobody would actually genuinely make this ad?
>>
>>1406260
the republic is literally a reply to this webm.
>>
>>1411253
>everyone who doesn't like a thing is a thing
nice little meme you got there, mind if I buy it off you? really clever thinking there I bet you got it all figured out right kid? hey, they don't bother me, so why the hell should I get in their way right buddy? remember, you've throught this through and understand your position very well, it's quite simple. There are no good arguments for the other side, and you know that because you've seen the arguments in shows like west wing and the daily show, and they're just nonsense. No need to look into it anymore, you have all the information bright young man
>>
>>1403784
any serious philosopher should have the abillity to look at the information unbiased on where its comming from. right?

if we wanna be super serious and jack off our intelligence based egos here.
>>
>>1403591
true or not, i feel this too, very deeply.

all this anger over opinons, and meanings.
the stigma of everything that isnt socially accepted, there strong opinons about certan things you never knew where came from.
>>
>>1407350
its just not true, availability does not equal interest.
>>
>>1407350
its just not true, availability does not equal interest. thats why we are almost never happy without having strived for it, we feel like we need to take a painful journey to accept peace.
>>
>>1407350
i hate how fucking 4chan just posts the message anyway even if i clicked abort, to add more to the comment.
>>
>>1412240
>>1409931

Also pretty pretentious and prechy tbqh. I get it, but yeah...
>>
>>1407350
i hate how fucking 4chan just posts the message anyway even if i clicked abort, to add more to the comment. i'm a fucking idiot
>>
>>1402978
soße?
>>
>>1416616

stay mad, pappy
>>
>>1403122
>anemoia
I always wondered what this feeling was called.
Thanks, anon.
>>
>>1403400
>>1403471
I feel like McKenna's eloquence far exceeds the value of what he has to say. Some of what he says is interesting but never in a way that sticks with me
>>
>>1403158
Man, I wish that I had the money to travel. This is ridiculous.
>>
>>1403702

he obliviously never played super mario world
>>
>>1406429

Nazi light comedy? This I got to see.
>>
>>1409745
love this so much. is this thread mostly just live action or can i post something like anime or cartoons?
>>
>>1418675
whatever ill just upload them regardless.
>>
>>
>>1418684
>>1418687
These didn't make me think at all
>>
>>1418689
i just thought they fit the theme of the thread. guess not.
>>
>>1411968
I like how you are a literally incapable of thinking for yourself and instantly use the argument from the webm as your own.
But as some other guy pointed out, you can not believe in god and think homosexuality is not good.
But no, if you don't preach that being gay is great and is to be encouraged it means you are one of those people who follow the bible blindly.
>>
File: human nature.webm (4MB, 240x180px) Image search: [Google]
human nature.webm
4MB, 240x180px
>>
>>1403784
i can tell from your reply, that you haven'r read Nietzsche and/or any other serious philosopher and that you just copy -pasted an opinon of some pseudo intellectual friend/reddit poster/youtuber/teacher
>>
I watch this everyday
>>
>>1405233

My Dinner with Andrea: The Video Game
>>
>>1410068

No. The whole point of the movie is to showcase how charisma alone can do something and the dangers of doing nothing but joking about something
>>
File: check A H.webm (4MB, 240x176px) Image search: [Google]
check A H.webm
4MB, 240x176px
>>
>>1420342

>shitty stormfag propaganda

really made me think
>>
>>1420270
what a pussy
>>
File: Black_Speaker_man.webm (4MB, 240x136px) Image search: [Google]
Black_Speaker_man.webm
4MB, 240x136px
Not sure where these are from, but they're good
>>
File: Black_Speaker_Man2.webm (4MB, 240x136px) Image search: [Google]
Black_Speaker_Man2.webm
4MB, 240x136px
>>1421028
This is all I got
>>
File: Das_rite.webm (2MB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
Das_rite.webm
2MB, 320x240px
>>
>>1412287
>britisch television
>>
>>1420354
nice one, jidf
>>
File: literally reddit.webm (4MB, 360x203px) Image search: [Google]
literally reddit.webm
4MB, 360x203px
>>
>>1412240
yeah the bible is pretty poorly written you are correct
>>
>>1412953
the fact that you even ask the question is quite unsettling
>>
File: death.webm (4MB, 640x427px) Image search: [Google]
death.webm
4MB, 640x427px
>>1402966
>>
>>1421028
>>1421029
It's Thomas Sowell.
>>
>>1404490
Alain de Botton goes into the trash when he vaguely notices in a book on work that everything around him is made by someone and the products of labour are all around him. He then goes on to waffle about deep and meaningful stuff without making much of this very important and everpresent part of modern life.
The only good thing i can say about Nietzsche is he never scorned the success he never achieved. His doctrines are repulsive though. That twaddle about suffering hinges on scorn for people who try to reject all suffering, a small group even in his day. Most people know that suffering is part of life and enduring it can be rewarding. He was a quiet shut-in who impresses other quiet shut-ins like botton.
>>
>>1403158
>Piano score
>sentimentality and nostalgia for what could never be
nah fuck off
>>
>>1403471
>hypnotic authentic style
>not connected to value of what he says
so much that he doesn't get
>>
File: 1465517276236.gif (3MB, 286x258px) Image search: [Google]
1465517276236.gif
3MB, 286x258px
>>1404488
Oh, I deeply apologize sir. I did not intend to draw into question your nuanced and inspiring interpretation of western thought. You are truly of great wisdom.
>>
>>1405740
t. I don't know shit about philosophy

Nietzsche was saying that the influence of Christianism was slowly dying on Europe. Read something before spouting bullshit.
>>
>>1405694
Apollonian and Dionysiand dichotomy
>>
>>1405740
>wasn't Christian
>believes in God for a second to say he died

Nah, you are wrong. See>>1424124
>>
>>1420270
fucking weakling
>>
>>1402966
>cherrypicking shit without context
I want to punch this guy hard. What a fucking asshole.
>>
>>1417330
>>1404896
look up keloid on vimeo, its a robot short film
>>
>>1403158
and if youre poor, like most of the world, you dont get to do any of that so it doesnt fucking matter
>>
>>1403122
>>1403158

This is some extra stupid shit.
These words are 100% made up by some guy, and the definition is just some vague sentimental nostalgia.

I would openly laugh at somebody's face if they used these words in conversation or in writing anywhere.
>>
>>1409891
I am a serious philosopher and am a riot at parties.
We don't just read books and analyze shit all day long. We live too. And this wee concept that flew above your head, "Authenticity", is what binds it all together.
I see it as a close weaving of spontaneity and morality, but i'll let everyone jump me on that.
For you, today, all you need to know is that you needn't be so bored with your life that you should become this bitter.
Go out and love you some nature, hate you some smells and sensations, cry, laugh histerically at something epic... fucking live. I wish this upon you.
>>
>>1424185
so what's the context?
>>
>>1404488
>>1409891
I does beg the question though... what is a serious philosopher.
True be it that I struggle to identify myself as anything else anymore (a personal failure), but are we not what we do in some form or sense? Does our mind not use what is seens and done daily to organise thoughts, feelings and personnality? Aren't the world and the mind two backwards mirrors in this strange ineffable way?

And I love how ya'll are desperate to make the fedora-clad neckbeard image fit on top of this. It's lovely to see you weave these referents together when they've really not much to do with each other save a prolonged stay on the interwebz.

Was a nice thread. But I guess nowadays if you ask questions you're a neckbearded cunt and should die, and if you don't you're a fucking normie. Cry too much you're a feminist, laugh too loud and you're a sheep.
Stay on the interweb too long and you forget none of the shit people here say matters.
I'm just some faggot like you. We've worlds to exchange but are too afraid of being judged to say anything.
>>
>>1425697
Nah bro, he seeks em out from other languages.
He finds words for feelings you can't name.
Youtube channel:
https://www.youtube.com/user/obscuresorrows
>>
>>1425697
>>1427997
Shit sorry, he builds em using other languages.
>>
>>1403400
>all ideoly is toxic
thats an Ideology...
>>
>>1421029
as a teacher I gotta say, its hard to teach ignorant kids that dont want to learn... all the parents have to do is to teach the kid to either respect the teacher, to like learning or both... (I think)
>>
>>1402966
Cute thought but nice for him that philosophy isn't a science so the truth is basically irrelevant when it comes to what gets popularized.
>>
>>1409931
So fucking preachy. Trash ass show
>>
>>1405705
>>1424912
>>1424078
it's not just talking about traveling to different places, you dense negroids
>>
>>1420311
tell me more
>>
>>1427958
faggots like you are going to die soon, this world is being overrun by psychopathic cunts you idealist faggot
>>
>>1403591
This guy invented the redpill
>>
>>1422636
That's.... Really cringy.
>>
>>1424032
A poetic approach to a seemingly obvious idea. I like this a lot.
>>
>>1403702
I was with him until the part where he shat on the concept of overcoming obstacles and helping people.
>>
>>1424032
is this Pratchett, sounds like Pratchett. I think I remember reading this...
>>
>>1410372
he's not defending faggots he's showing that blindly following everything a book or ideology says for you to do is stupid and wrong.
>>
>>1429595
Weird. Sounded like a Susan to me.
>>
>>1429595
it is
>>
>>1422636
maybe if you got off your fucking phone and made some real connections with people you wouldnt feel so alone, ya dingus
>>
>>1403702
Is this before all the pedophiles took over Disney channel?
>>
>>1421080
Sheeit...I guess they really WUZ KANGZ
>>
File: 1141325345.webm (3MB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
1141325345.webm
3MB, 480x360px
>>
>>1410068
>>1406429

it's made in germany after a book written in germany. and it is a very good movie.

Hilter wakes up today. He realizes, he has been dead for 70 years and he thinks the Universe has given him one more chance to lead germany. Upon trying make his way to the top, ost people think of him as a comedian constantly in character. They put him into a comedy show where this clip is from. Over time some take him seriously.

The movie uses real life footage collected with the actor in make up interviewing people in the streets about common problems of germany, europe and the world. Also it takes real television Shows of Germany and Hitler even writes the book that this movie is based on and wants to make a movie. This all gives you a strange sense of "This is a documentary - not fiction" (even though you know Hitler coming to life is clearly fiction). But then the real-life inteviews blend in seamlessly into the movie. It makes you think.
>>
>>1429959
That's the fucking point. It's meant to be Orwellian. She's suckered into believing she's in a loving environment, and that everyone ignoring each other in person is natural and totally fine. It's not a sappy "community gets together and makes a girl feel better" video, it's a dark "girl gets mind-drone'd by a harmful, isolating culture" video.
>>
>>1428494
I'm confused. Which parts of this world do you make so enjoyable that I should want to share an existence with a withered bitter try-hard like you?
I can't tell if your 14 y-o tryin out emotions and words at the same time for the first time, or a wrinkled old fart who stopped trying to live years ago.
If I have to be a faggot to not end up like you then I guess a faggot i'll be. You poor soul.
>>
>>1406305
how?
>>
>>1410372
You're funny. Trying to fit in on 4chan with a homophobic whatever comment. But what really makes it hilarious is that I picture everyone on this site does exactly that. Everyone here is racist, xenophobic, sexist (yadiyada) just cuz everyone thinks everybody else is.
It's fucking funny mate.
Seriously though, stop, I don't buy it. Neither does your mother.
Inb4 tl:dr you're a sjw blah fuckedy blah 4chan ready-made sentence...
>>
>>1403784
half wit faggot detected
>>
>>1420656
>>1424176
explain
>>
>>1430493
>typing this long of a response to b8
dumb faggot
>>
File: Alan Watts.webm (2MB, 320x180px) Image search: [Google]
Alan Watts.webm
2MB, 320x180px
>>
>>1409931
>bestowed upon thee by Aaron Sorkin
>>
>>1430444
>>1430493
this is the same retarded faggot that gotten baited by two really low quality hooks
>>
>>1412002
you see, it's all about relative levels of education
peasant vs merchant vs noble
walmart clerk vs doctor vs phd

education changed, gaps stayed the same
>>
File: 1452994383145.gif (1MB, 400x212px) Image search: [Google]
1452994383145.gif
1MB, 400x212px
>>1430036
I wonder who's behind this webm?
>>
>>1430524
you might not believe it, but I'm serious.
>>
>>1404930
only ironically

not one of the previous fags
>>
>>1430523
They can't explain, they're just dim kids being "cool" on the 4chan.
>>
>>1429595
yes, it's the hogfather
>>
>>
File: cosmos-all_the_eggs_are_here.webm (3MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
cosmos-all_the_eggs_are_here.webm
3MB, 640x360px
>>
File: what_cats_really_see.webm (3MB, 512x288px) Image search: [Google]
what_cats_really_see.webm
3MB, 512x288px
>>
File: wolves_redirect_rivers.webm (4MB, 356x200px) Image search: [Google]
wolves_redirect_rivers.webm
4MB, 356x200px
>>
>>1422636
This world needs a hard reset
>>
>>1412175
praised? meh
accepted? no harm done.
Live and let live. If someone yells too loud and claims to be "more equal than others," then let em think it. It's funnier that way.
I dgaf what you wanna fuck for a living. Being proud of it though, that's as hilarious as it is vain.
Pride has this way of always being around when there is repression/oppression nearby. Like them trans/genderfull folks and them SJWs.
Most of the time, let it be. If somebody gets too serious, have a laugh. We're all gonna die anyway.
>>
>>1431061
>One of the most remarkable scientific discoveries of the half century
Not even gonna comment on the meme science man voice, but this is fucking heresy.
>>
>>1431047
What the actual fuck is this?
>>
>>1403400
Always good to see terence posted on this site.
>>
>>1402966
Philo Yiannopoulos
>>
>>1431545
>this entire post

holy fucking 14 year olds batman
>>
>>1431545
Youre gayer than actual faggots.
>>
>>1428227
exact.

No ideology = not thinking = not being alive
>>
>>1431917
There's a difference between following an all encompassing, dogmatic ideology, applying it to every situation, regardless of fit, and actually thinking, rather than constantly trying to fit round pegs into square holes.
>>
>>1403784
1. you know shit about philosophy
2. >>1427958 you are not a philosopher
3. alain de botton, on the other hand, is taking a quotation very much out of context
>>
>Mah nigger.
>>
>>1403400
Degenerate incarnate. Deteriorate culture? Ideology is toxic? Leaving the monkey behind? What a bunch of trite garbage. Simultaneously trying to break down the best parts of humanity while also promoting our worst characteristics. What horrid shit.
>>
>>1420354
Your ancestors are laughing at you.
>>
>>1431644
fake IIRC
>>
>>1403433
SOURCE ON THE SPEAKER

why can't you say who is he or something like that like a normal human being, not some teen memster who only speaks in phrases he learned on the internet?
>>
>>1406883
fucking americans pronouncing Nietzsche like that lol.
>>
YouTu.be/MPcZ_5uCldg

James Burke is fucking based.
>>
>>1431975
And there you have it. It's Dogmatism, that's the problem.
>>
>>1405280
How does it feel wasting a college education on philosophy?
>>
>>1407456
Yeah but we don't cultivate fields for the sense of accomplishment at the end.
>>
>>1432000
yeeeeeah, kinda am. I said "serious" perhaps too loosely. But I've got a bachelor's degree in Philosophy.
Somehow, I only neared Nietzsche. I missed the seminar/class devoted to his work for another.
At the time, I hadn't a clue of the value of what I'd missed until I started reading what Foucault had to say of Nietzsche's method for history.
>>
>>1431831
K.
>>
>>1431783
holy mother of bait batman
>>
>>1431637
Ok. I'll bite.
Do explain how this is heresy.
>>
>>1431783
you hurt my 14 y-o feelings.
I am now offended. I will go claim more rights than you and soon 14 y-o will be a gender and you will have to respect that.
>>
>>1432841
How do you feel, really?
>>
>>1431764
kek
>>
>>1403400
technique doesn't mean technologie on french.

Technique in English means technique and technologie means technology.

No one in french would say "Tu a une bonne technique." When they wanted to say "Tu a une bonne technologie."

Just as no english speaker would say "You have a good technique" when the would want to say, "You have a good technology."

It's very important to understand your source material before talking about it.
>>
>>1430523
>>1430987
It's really simple, having a defeatist mentality is pathetic. It's much more logical pursuing to better your nation. Instead of laying down and letting it die. This is essentially a death wish imposed by 'Intellectuals' towards their society.
Look at the Philippines, the regular citizens live less miserable lives now that the criminal scum in their society have been brought to heel. Even when the president is able to bring order in fillipeno society, there will be 'death wish' intellectuals from all around the world slandering him.
>>
>>1422636
A culling is needed.

I also want to kill myself.
>>
>>1433737
It's very well know that a lack of predators causes ecosystems to crumble just about all of the time. Therefore not "the most remarkable scientific discoveries of the half century", just a friendly reminder to not hunt wolves to near
extinction like most of america or europe.
>>
File: 1476425106455.webm (3MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
1476425106455.webm
3MB, 640x360px
>>
>>1433922
>"You have a good technique" when the would want to say, "You have a good technology."
I don't think the phrase "You have a good technology.", could possibly come up until the post human era. ...although I suppose both phrases may come up together, when we get mechanical hookers.
>>
>>1431047
actually it'd be interesting to watch a video that did a 'predator vision' or 'terminator vision' take on regular human vision. I was talking to this doctor and human vision is more quirky than I knew

>peripherals are black and white
>only actual area of focus is about a dime at arm's length
>higher cone and thus neuron activation when looking at contrast/borders/outlines

Then on top of that some people have blind spots or are far/near sighted.

What if we are the ones with monster vision
>>
>>1430001
It's a rerun on Disney. Didn't originally air on Disney. Was on ABC.
>>
File: Bill Hicks yells at the globe.webm (4MB, 316x176px) Image search: [Google]
Bill Hicks yells at the globe.webm
4MB, 316x176px
>>
>>1434198
Sucks that i cant understand more than 30% of this because it looks interesting.
>>
File: blast.gif (613KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
blast.gif
613KB, 200x200px
>>1433728
>But I've got a bachelor's degree in Philosophy.
>>
>>1402973
that dubbing is so hideous
>>
>>1403702

if a teacher did this now, they'd get blast on social media and then suspended

and then fired
>>
File: noam_chomsky-Libertarianism.webm (2MB, 1280x854px) Image search: [Google]
noam_chomsky-Libertarianism.webm
2MB, 1280x854px
>>
File: jammin' skeleton.gif (1MB, 400x256px) Image search: [Google]
jammin' skeleton.gif
1MB, 400x256px
>>1433728
>bachelor's degree in Philosophy
the state thanks you for your pointless contribution
>>
>>1418684
>>1418687
Jesus, I didn't think "thought provoking philosophical questions" from anime was this shit, but now when I can directly compare it because this whole thread is about it I know better.
>>
File: Love-Everybody-Hypocrisy.webm (850KB, 720x480px) Image search: [Google]
Love-Everybody-Hypocrisy.webm
850KB, 720x480px
>>
>>1438974
One time I got drunk and went to jail for stealing tropical fish from this hotel aquarium and violated my parole, but the public defender got my sentence down to 20 day sin jails and 271 hours of community service, they had a nigga hammed up with that weed whacker going round in them traffic circles in hollywood florida during rush hour, I used to do that shit in my steel toes because theres a gang of syringes in that grass heard me, when them mother fuckers stick you in the foot you gonna walk round suicidal thinking you got the germ. One time I got hungry, chained up the weed whacker and ran across the street to grab me some doritos and a snapple, cause thats my motha fuckin snack, when I got over there the old boy rolled up with that street cart, this is when I was first getting on that health kick so I decided to get me a corndog instead, try to get up on them vegetables, plus I got the ketchup for the tomatoes and just did it like a salad, but I still had to go in the store to get my mango madness snapple, cause he only had them squeezes and the bottled waters and I ain't really in the mood for that cause I was thirsty. As I entered the clerk was like "TJ, I just stocked that mango madness for you, clockwork my nigga" I'm strolling past the freezers and for the first time I notice they got very cherry snapple, lime green, mint, raspberry, kiwi tiwi, summer peach, and snapricot, nigga its looking like a gay pride snapple promotion in this bitch. I go to the front counter and I'm like "Ay man when you get all these other snapples." they was like "We always had em" I said "You always had apple pie flavored snapple right here?" he said "yeah" I said "Why aint you tell me?" he said "Cause you like the mango madness." I said "How you know that?" He said "Nigga you buy it everyday."
>>
>>1438974
You wanna know what they gave us for lunch every fucking day in davie county correctional facility? Mango fucking snapple, I never drank mango snapple till I went to jail cause niggas don't drink snapple, niggas drink tang, aspiring astronauts, you get that? Now I'm a free fucking man, get to wear my own shoes, get to suck my own dick. I walk into a variety store, a VARIETY store, and all I can see is mango fucking snapple, and guess what else? They got corndogs in the fucking store, hell I need a halal corndog for? I'm noticing sunflower seeds, cornnuts, beefjerky, dingdongs, twinkies(god rest them twinkies man), mike and ike, nigga they got digiorno pizza thick crust, its a microwave and burritos in this bitch, and all I ever notice is what? Mango snapple. Why? Cause all nigga loves is all a nigga knows, and a nigga that don't know much don't want much. Through my daily practicing I had developed a subconscious habit. If all you know about is twerking till your pussy sweat is burning in the ratchet ass club, more than likely you aint been to cirque du soleil, thats that upper echelon shit. If all you know about is swinging on a female and posting the shit on worldstar I bet you aint no member of the state assembly. And if all you ever do is sit in your house hating on a niggas mixtape, you probably diabetic faggot, need to see a fucking physician. Cause all a nigga loves is all a nigga knows, and a nigga that don't know much don't grow much. So I ask you this, what are your daily practices?

I hate you and my autism for making me write this all out.
>>
>>1403591
[redpilling intensifies]
>>
File: kant.webm (4MB, 360x270px) Image search: [Google]
kant.webm
4MB, 360x270px
>>
>>1402966
He talks like a fag and his shit's all retarded
>>
>>1422636
whats the sauce on the song?
>>
>>1409931
There's a reason the West Wing is doing so well on Netflix right now.

Lefty bluepilled cucks can't handle that their reality is being flipped turned upside down by a populist movement that's tired of the former screaming racist/homophobe/sexist/etc at them for the past couple decades.
>>
>>1440572
beginning: Miami Nights 1984 - MN84 Theme
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VoaXSNInCC0

end: Miami Nights 1984 The End
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ah0AvXsQk98
>>
>>1440603
they are just mindslaves at this point, literal human weapons being used by the elite against the rest of us
>>
>>1440356
it's great anon
>>
>>1441222
>i hate those fuking poors man
>always taking my money man
>yeah these poors are the elite man

this is you
>>
>>1430237
That's not the greatest premise. Germans don't have a sense of humor.
>>
File: 1445809640014.gif (2MB, 320x320px) Image search: [Google]
1445809640014.gif
2MB, 320x320px
>>1422636
Shoutout to toronto
>>
>>1406269
My thoughts exactly
>>
>>1412287
this is racist toward black womans
>>
>>1440356
>>1440355
Thank you very much. That helps a lot. I still have trouble with stuff like:
>had a nigga hammed up with that weed whacker going round in them traffic circles
But i google it. Thank you again.
>>
>>1409931
>A professor at the local liberal college held up a piece of chalk........
>>
>>1441662
try making sense next time retard
>>
>>1422636
This can't be real
>>
>>1440356
Nobody made you do that.
>>
3 webms in this thread is a pile of autism
is there anything ITT that actually makes you think or is it all just autism
>>
>>1402973
What episode is this? Second season?
>>
>>1403702
>Disney
i don't even play videogames (music is my hobby) but this is DUMB
even smart nerdy fuckers play mario anyway lmao
>>
>>1440117

Who is the speaker?
>>
>>1446540
Alan Watts
>>
>>1405705
mad poor person detected. you probably supported bernie lol
>>
>>1427993
>what is a serious philosopher.
Someone who doesn't call themselves one, to be frank with you.
>>
>>1440056
ConRevo was never particularly good philosophy, but it did have some entertaining criticisms of Japanese politics.
>>
test
>>
>>1403400
>>1403471
>my ideology is having no ideology
wow so deep
>>
>>1431047
LMAO
>>
>>1432663
Not, exactly:
https://www.wired.com/2002/09/vision/

The deceptive bit is that it looks like there's device simply pressed against the cat's head.

The reality is that that's a bundler for about a thousand neural probes going directly to the cat's visual cortex - and that cat is now dead, as there's no way to safely remove a visual cortex monitor that invasive.
>>
>>1402973
The first guy talking does an okay VA job.
the second guy is FUCKING TRASH. He sounds like a parody.
>>
>>1445141
The Samurai X: Trust and Betrayal movie - not the parody series that spawned from it.

It's certainly not the deepest anime monologue, but it has a broader point about dedicating yourself to any political entity in the name of justice. There are a few interesting bits of philosophy scattered in anime, even if most of them are trash.

I wish I had some good anime vids on hand that demonstrated some of the more interesting philosophies they do put forth, but the only ones I can think of require context.

There was that bit from GitS second season where they start theorizing how the head of the refugees had become a psychic network node, how all their "ghosts" were networked with and resting in his cyberbrain, and how he no longer had his own free will as a result.

There's also the whole "altruism is bad, kindness is cruelty" that recurs a lot in the genre. The show as a whole is kinda shallow, but I think Tokyo Ghoul, nonetheless, did that better than just about anyone (live or animated):
http://animeshow.tv/Tokyo-Ghoul-episode-12/

Sadly, there's no way in hell for me to reduce that to a 4 minute clip.
>>
File: gits_sac-2-25.webm (4MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
gits_sac-2-25.webm
4MB, 640x360px
>>1448011
>that bit from GitS second season
Not exactly how I remember it, but I've got that one. (Should explain the BBEG here can't move his lips due to his old-style military grade cyber-body. Also shit FPS to make it fit.)

I also have the bit where the Tachikoma literally discuss philosophy and the nature of God, but in addition to being 6 minutes long, it's painful - like listening to smurfs discuss Descartes. (Although at the end of the show, it turns out to be a rather important factor.)
>>
>>1406269
It would have been an accurate statement if he said "consumerism" instead of capitalism.
>>
>>1403784
> Any serious philosopher knows Nietzsche is full of shit, and that he's only talked about now because of edge lords spouting his shit on internet message boards.

Lemme guess, you prefer Chomsky and Zizek?
>>
File: 1481228108969.webm (2MB, 312x360px) Image search: [Google]
1481228108969.webm
2MB, 312x360px
>>
>>1402966
when someone says something like that now a days they are cringe lord tipping fedoras
this is dumb bullshit
>>
>>1448709
Im really really tired of this Jewish meme world.
>>
File: 1477500895430.webm (2MB, 426x240px) Image search: [Google]
1477500895430.webm
2MB, 426x240px
>>1424112
As if western thought is something other than an amalgamation of what has already existed. All of this "thought" means ,shit; the weak have to make way for the strong, as always.
Were you born weak?
>>
File: Scene from 'Network' (1976)_7.webm (4MB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
Scene from 'Network' (1976)_7.webm
4MB, 480x360px
>>1448993
>>1448709
>The greedy Jews have control of all the money!
>All anti-capitalist propaganda is a Jewish plot!
The cognitive dissonance is reaching levels that shouldn't even be possible.gif
>>
>>1451618
You are legit retarded . Try some reading comprehension next time.
>>
>>1448215
Zizek is alright for a commie, don't be a (how you say?) *sniff*, "Fag-eet"
>>
>>1425697
aren't all words made up?
>>
>>1407350

Retarded: The Post
>>
File: bernietoemptyhouse.webm (4MB, 300x200px) Image search: [Google]
bernietoemptyhouse.webm
4MB, 300x200px
>>1402966
Bernie on the Persian Gulf Invasion, speeking to an empty house. This was the vid that told me who the real canidate for the people was...
Also first webm
>>
>>1453807
Poor bastard - granted, the result would have been the same if the house was full. No one was listening to anything like that. Folks tend to blame Bush Jr. for Iraq, but what his father did made it pretty much inevitable.

Pretty good for your first webm though, hard to get something over 4 minutes long in and still recognizable. One thing you can do is drop the frame rate a bit, at least when the audio is more important than the video, and you want it to look clean. (Not that I did that here.)
>>
>>1453807

yeah real candidate for the people, bowing down and giving his support to the candidate who goes against everything he 'stands' for
>>
>>1453949
>One thing you can do is drop the frame rate a bit, at least when the audio is more important than the video
NTG but that's what I did there >>1448057 - dropped it to 7.5 FPS. Since there wasn't a lot of motion in those frames it worked alright, stayed fairly crisp and lets you read the subtitles easily enough.
>>
>>1453962
The only opposition to the alternative, which was his polar opposite, and would only drag the country even further to the right he so fears.

...Which is pretty much the only reason anyone voted for Hillary. Aside from a few die-hard democrats and a handful of fans, no one actually *liked* Hillary, they just feared the God Emperor. (Plus, the "better the devil you know" crowd - no one really knows what Trump is going to do, while Hillary just woulda been another 4-8 years of the same.)

But he really had no business running as a Democrat to begin with (he a DINO), and it says something that he got as far as he did.
>>
>>1453962
He owed the party for letting him run. He knows he is in the saddle of the popular wing of the Democratic party. The corperate dems will slowly loose to grassroots campaigns by the people, or the party will die out. Queen Hillary and NeoLiberal SJWs lost this election cause of their head up their ass.. Bernie didnt loose shit.
>>
>>1402966
Just shave it off and grow a goatee.
Charisma is important.
>>
>>1402966
I think that suffering can build character, but I don't think seeking out suffering is what niche was getting at, not in the slightest.
>>
>>1402992
That is credibly the worst writing and narrator to which I have ever listened.
>>
>>1431637
>>One of the most remarkable scientific discoveries of the half century
He says exciting
>>
>>1450159
cant blame people who hate jews when this is a valid translation
Thread posts: 314
Thread images: 59

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.