[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Sad Papes

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 7

File: lonely snow.jpg (287KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
lonely snow.jpg
287KB, 1920x1080px
So I just failed a class. I have never before failed in my life until now. I’m a sophomore in college, and I have parents who expect so much from me. I have made them proud over and over again, and they trust me with their lives. One of my biggest fears is losing that trust, along with them being greatly disappointed in me. I was top 40 in my high school (somewhere in the 30s; not that impressive but it was enough for my parents). I received decent grades for my first year of college despite being 9 hours away from home and all the workload. Things went really well, and my parents couldnt have been happier. I was succeeding. Summer comes along, I’m taking one class for five weeks, and all of the sudden, I just fail. I cried and punched myself that night. They had confidence that I will continue to succeed, and so why would they ever worry about me failing? I havent told them I failed yet, but I’m acting as if I had passed, as if everything is going well as usual, and they are completely believing me. Now that I have dropped the ball, I’m just so afraid and angry at myself. I’m afraid of my father beating the shit out of me for wasting his hard-earned money on my education. I’m afraid of my mom just shunning me for failing this one time. I keep thinking they’re right. Just how the fuck could I possibly let this happen? How could I have the audacity to waste money and time? How could I afford to be so goddamn stupid??I think I deserve whats coming, but I just feel so depressed and hopeless. I impress a lot of people, but I wont ever amount to anything unless I first impress the two people that raised and loved me since I was born, but I guess I’m failing at that too. I finally fucked up big time, and my parents wont see me the same way ever again. I dont know what to do. I’m a waste of time and money and I dont deserve their support anymore.
>>
File: 468893.jpg (369KB, 3840x2160px) Image search: [Google]
468893.jpg
369KB, 3840x2160px
everyone falls, but you can't beat the person who never gives up
>>
File: oldlife2.jpg (264KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
oldlife2.jpg
264KB, 1920x1080px
Literally all I did in highschool was fail.
your parents will love you regardless.
don't worry about it.
>>
File: 505723.jpg (568KB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
505723.jpg
568KB, 2560x1440px
I never saw a wild thing sorry for itself. A small bird will drop frozen dead from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself

D.H.Lawrence

Analyse what went wrong
acknowledge your mistakes
don't repeat them
grow
>>
File: 1501259941920.jpg (852KB, 1680x1050px) Image search: [Google]
1501259941920.jpg
852KB, 1680x1050px
Alright, first of all, relax. So you fucked up once? And you think the 2 people who raised you, and absolutely fucking love you are gonna think you're a failure and enough to beat you and shun you just because of one class? Let me ask you something, if your parents were to look at this post knowing it was yours and they just saw all this emotional strain you put on yourself over one small fuck up, do you think they would give a fuck about the class or you, and what you're going through? Dude, all I am is a failure. I had shit grades in high school, I quit university after one year and surprise my parents still love me. You remind me of this girl in high school, always got straight As on tests, this one time she gets a C and she just starts crying in class, to someone who always got Cs that was the strangest thing ever. You can't go through life without failing, you can't. Life is a series of challenges and a lot of the times you're not gonna be prepared for those challenges, you need to accept that it's ok to fuck up, it's ok to fail once in a while, as long as you try and give it your best. What you need to do now, is not let this get you so fucking down, understand what went wrong and learn from it, use this knowledge to succeed next time. Real strength is not giving up. And if you wanna prove yourself then DON'T FUCKING GIVE UP.
>I dont know what to do. I’m a waste of time and money and I dont deserve their support anymore.
Get this weak shit out of your head and try again, and never say something like this to them, don't you even slightly imply that they care about money more than their child.
>>
File: 1501487370987.jpg (280KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1501487370987.jpg
280KB, 1920x1080px
>>6988109
>>6988178
One more thing.
> I finally fucked up big time
This isn't even close to big time. Knew a kid since 10 years old, we used to hang out sometimes, weren't friends, more like pals, he never studied, didn't really care, didn't even get into a university. You think that's fucking up big time? No. One week ago was his funeral. He was speeding, lost control, he was 21. In the 11 years I knew him, I never saw him mother angry or sad about her son, except on his funeral. That's when he fucked up
>>
File: 1496418792544.jpg (622KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1496418792544.jpg
622KB, 1920x1080px
>>6988109
I just got my financial aid suspended at the community college I started attending in order to get my grades back up to get back into the public university I had to leave because I failed too many classes after getting almost a full ride despite having mediocre HS grades (135 IQ, nothing special but high enough that other people think I'm smart, plus I just test super well). Despite being somewhat funny and fairly agreeable and empathetic by nature, my massive alienation complex and paranoia coupled with social anxiety meant that I have made exactly one decent friendship since highschool ended and subconsciously isolate myself from the 6 friends who actually like me enough to still be around me half the time.

But do I go around feeling sorry for myself? Absolutely, but clearly I'm the perfect example of what not to do. Get out of this despair loop, do whatever works best for you to brainstorm exactly what you did wrong, exactly what effects it will have, and how you can move forward. But identifying degenerate behavior patterns is only the first step, you need to be willing to identify and execute a solution. Seems like you caught whatever problem early, so you've already got a big advantage, the behavioral loop can't be too deep. Grab your problem by the balls before it grabs yours.

And on actually telling your parents, don't bother thinking of a way to tell them that won't psych you out, because there isn't one. But the longer you wait, the more mad they're likely to be. Believe me, the worst part about this kind of thing is admitting you fucked up to the people who you lied to about not fucking up before, and the longer you wait the longer you're effectively lying to them.

>>6988138
This. Most parents can't even start to resent their kids until 25+ years of fuck ups. You made one mistake, they might be super fucking mad but they're your parents and they love you. They want you to be successful and happy.

>>6988148
>>6988180
>>6988178
These also
>>
>>6988109
>>6988186
100 IQ here, never failed a class. Step it up bros.
>>
Just retake the class you fucking crybaby.
>>
>>6988109
ive been there anon. see if you can catch up somehow, and take a real close look at what schedule you can accommodate for. you may be able to take a summer class, or if you have spares in your final year you can do it then. no need to tell your parents if you have these options, and you can graduate in time with enough credits. i failed a class in 2nd year and ill be able to make it up this year due to a spare, and even then, there's course overload.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.