[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Return of the Minimalist Threads #16

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 321
Thread images: 170

File: maki.png (90KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maki.png
90KB, 1920x1080px
>What is minimalism?
Minimalism involves taking images and reducing them down to basic colors and removing most features. Most wallpapers will not include shadowing or faces, but this is subjective.

>Guide to Making Your Own
http://www.deviantart.com/art/Vector-Wallpaper-Tutorial-399883993

>Software
Use either Illustrator or Inkscape (both are free if you know what I mean).

>Requesters
1) Do not post images with incredibly intricate designs, vague or conflicting colors, or undefined edges, these make minimalizing very difficult.
2) Be sure to thank the artist!

>Artists
1) Always upload as at least 1080p PNGs, try and post transparents too.
2) Look over other people's works! We need good criticism if we want to improve!
3) Watermarks/signatures are not highly necessary.

Old thread: >>1972537

Merry Christmas (funny because this is gonna be here a while).
>>
File: IMG_0106.png (1MB, 3840x2160px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0106.png
1MB, 3840x2160px
>>1984609
Requested this towards the end of the last thread but there's no harm in posting it again
>>
File: Aqua drunk.svg.png (2MB, 7999x5042px) Image search: [Google]
Aqua drunk.svg.png
2MB, 7999x5042px
Happy whichever holidays you celebrate. Aqua (Konosuba) is already crunked and probably will stay that way until after New Year's day.

Anywho, just want to add a couple of things to >>1984609

>Requesters
3) Remember to also be patient. This is purely voluntary work and it can be weeks (even months) before someone picks up your request.

(couple of things borrowed from the vector thread)
4) Request an image ONCE per thread. Do not bump or second - once is enough.
5) Refrain from using renders (just the character with transparent background) for requests. Try to find the original non-rendered image; it is easier for vectorists to work with.

>Guides for artists and wanna-be-artists
-General guides to vectoring:
—online viewable guide (Inkscape): http://sites.google.com/site/jjaaba/main
—downloadable guide (Inkscape): http://www.mediafire.com/?xhj5d254zhui0tr
—Illustrator video tutorials: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3g0cRvqYRVE [Embed]
Minimalism guides from last thread:
---https://youtu.be/R32XqTRJXnk [Embed]
---https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LTQCoFrP4vw [Embed]

Aaand as a bit of a shameless self-gratification, if you're interested but, for some reason, don't want to download the archive (the updated one usually appears on new threads in a few days time), then I have all of mine (~100 now) uploaded on deviantart here:
http://carionto.deviantart.com/gallery/
>>
>>1984670
This one is great
>>
Requesting this from last thread
>>
>>1984670
To the anon that made the video, why doesn't he make the layer into a template instead of creating a new layer at 30-50% opacity?

And do you guys go with various pieces (1/5 of the hair, shirt, face etc) then putting them together or doing the entire piece (hair, hand, face, shirt etc) and then editing the points after? I find it faster to just select main points and edit curves later while adding some layer if needed. I also divide each piece (head, hair, shirt) in a new layer instead of them all at the same place.
>>
File: Black Saber Santa.svg.png (1MB, 5153x8000px) Image search: [Google]
Black Saber Santa.svg.png
1MB, 5153x8000px
Black Saber (Fate series) shall indulge these modern celebrations, bringing presents to the nice and penetrating wounds to the naughty. That's how it goes, right? Honestly, there're so many weird traditions that it's easy to get a bit confused.

>>1984719
I generally do it this way:
the first layer is always for the stuff that's *on top* of everything else, usually the head or an arm. In this case it is the ribbon. Then each consecutive layer has objects that are progressively *below* the previous (the mantle (with a few stray locks of hair) then the dress, the head, legs, sword arm, bag, finally back parts of the rest) The order here didn't matter much for later stuff, as they don't cross each other to demand a specific order, but that's the general principle.

As for the pieces in each layer, the same above-below principle applies. Take the head. First comes the fluff, then the hat and frontal hair, afterwards the skin, then the hair behind it (each part described was done as one object then sent to back)

I'm still inexperienced enough to get the curve of point ending lines right while drawing nodes, so I place those then edit the curves. But for the smooth/rounded parts of lines I already drag the nodes to more or less the right length/direction. Some slight adjustments are made afterwards.
>>
>>1984719
>To the anon that made the video, why doesn't he make the layer into a template instead of creating a new layer at 30-50% opacity?

daul uses it as a scrfeen to be able to go back and forth between the colors easier. As a template, turning on and off the opacity is a pain in the ass, as opposed to turning on or off a screen.

I usually have two screens - one for the lines to see what ones I have done, and another to do color bleeds through lines.
>>
there's no minicomp this time?
>>
>>1984719
>>1984732
Basically what this anon said, as for layers I'm a little odd in that I normally only use 4-5 and for minimalism stuff I normally just use the three. Original art a screen layer for seeing colors (it also helps with outlines in dark images and low res images a lot) and the layer I do all the tracing in. I have enough experience that I can see the order of overlap and I find it quicker to be able to just send to back / send to front etc. If you can not see that and using multiple layers helps lay stuff out for you go for it.

Also I normally do full vectors not minimalism and its a lot more important there, if you watch the tutorials I did for the Vector thread I cover it more there.

>>1984756
I was looking forward to it as well.
>>
Did this one of Saber nearly a year ago.
>>
File: madara.png (177KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
madara.png
177KB, 1920x1080px
>>>>1984799
Madara. First one I ever did.
>>
File: use tools available.png (267KB, 1500x1893px) Image search: [Google]
use tools available.png
267KB, 1500x1893px
>>1984670
>>1984726
I also want to explain how I did the fluff and foam, so people don't think I'm a madman who spends hours hand-drawing all that nonsense.

Simply put, use the tools available in your program of choice. I use inkscape, but illustrator shouldn't be much if any different when it comes to stuff said in pic related.

Don't be afraid to experiment. using tools isn't cheating or whatever if you for some inexplicable reason have reservations about them. They exist to make life easier and do certain things better than you can - exploit every possibility!

>>1984756
I hope it comes back too. Last time it was the anon in charge of the archive, so hopefully once that is up we get MiniComp too.
>>
>>1984669
Isn't this basically there if you erased the face?
>>
>>1984707
>cut off on all sides

I don't think this one is happening.
>>
File: 14826163009691.png (1MB, 9125x3493px) Image search: [Google]
14826163009691.png
1MB, 9125x3493px
>>1984726
I'm curious if you did this on purpose, I mean dont wanna be rude or anything but the colors you used are a bit eye-bleeding... I mean check your values on pic related.
Most of the values on the left (yours) blends almost completely if not for the white parts,If you only look at the values you can see some colors actually do blend. I think you already know why, you've made quite a lot of theese, but dont go crazy and inmediatly choose the first blue you see on the color wheel, then for the red just change the hue.
What I mean is that if you have some harmony within your colors, you could have an image a bit more pleasing to the eyes to see, for example pic related (again), I tried to recolor it and being as close as I could to the original intent of colors, but changing saturation and stuff so it could get better contrast and overall only one or two saturated color out of all of them, so it is'nt as eye-bleeding, also if you look only at the values and compare, you can actually distiguish the colors on the one on the right more clearly without making as much effort as the one on the left.
Maybe it's personal taste or it's because I'm picky with my colors that I'm so concerned with this walp, but anyway, take anything I say with a grain of salt, I'm not as experienced as you yet.
Still, I dont know if you did this on purpose for some reason.
(also I had to reduce the resolution of the Image because, y'know, 4chan)
>>
>>1984829
Yes, it's on purpose, personal taste is strange. Maybe it's due to overexposure or something, but I generally prefer color schemes you see as bleeding. My brain is a bit weird like that.

But I do get what you mean. I haven't really worked much with values like that, so that's something I shall keep in mind when doing requests.
>>
Requesting
>>
File: Nue.svg.png (1MB, 5101x8000px) Image search: [Google]
Nue.svg.png
1MB, 5101x8000px
>>1984707
You're lucky there weren't any complicated pieces and the missing stuff was fairly easy to add, or that other anon would've been right on (though I gotta credit him for kinda issuing what my mind perceived as a challenge)

Though for future requesters: refrain from posting such images, it's actually easier to work with a full image (and I think more fun) plus the end result then is more useful.
>>
>>1984726
>>1984732
>>1984783
Oh cool, I just wanted to see how people did it differently since I've seen some do requests really fast. I'm going all on mouse, I want to test out a pen and see if it helps out later though. Here's a semi-min that I'm doing for myself.
I'm just starting out, before I was doing line by line, until I remembered about layers and it made things much easier and faster on most areas. I was way too far to simplify it though, as you can see:
http://i.imgur.com/Nb0rNsI.png
http://i.imgur.com/l4FJqjT.png
>>1984817
That's a really nice hint, thanks.
>>
>>1984837
Doing this.
>>
>>1984851
Pen does not help with vectors it only helps with photo touch up and actual drawing.
>>
Yay~ I got my pc back, now i shall start to do last thread requests as I promised
>>
File: ORK PAIRET!!!.svg.png (2MB, 8000x6720px) Image search: [Google]
ORK PAIRET!!!.svg.png
2MB, 8000x6720px
Ork Pirate Captain - Warhammer 40 000
>>
File: kuuko nom.jpg (131KB, 540x646px) Image search: [Google]
kuuko nom.jpg
131KB, 540x646px
Requesting for this qt
>>
Archive anon here, sorry I am a bit late!

https://mega.nz/#!LowF0ARJ!QmeJxRA3XH5TWGMe4p6G1vDgn3qOj4ju63u7heTgYio

New count is 584. With 72 new entries, we're growing as fast as ever.

Reminder if you're requesting or posting: format for the files should be

Character Name - Series or Source Material

as this makes it easier for later anons to search the archive.

Not all the old pictures are labeled still, sorry!
>>
File: musashi yamato class bb.svg.png (859KB, 3321x8000px) Image search: [Google]
musashi yamato class bb.svg.png
859KB, 3321x8000px
>>1985129
Yay.
With my increased knowledge and slightly improved Google-fu, I was able to find some more, as well as a few duplicate entries (yes they are, I compared very carefully).

There are still quite a few that someone who knows would be able to recognize fairly easily, some others I feel would require having the source image.

Anyway, here's the list:
http://pastebin.com/cDLJ5dNg

Also, are all the previous threads archived somewhere? If they still exist, that would probably help. I could comb through those during a boring evening for some more.

Pic related is a *corrected* (and bigger) version of Musashi Yamato BB Class Battlseship - Kancolle as back then I didn't synchronize my colors with swatches and made a mess of it.
>>
>>1985170
Thanks once again for doing some of the detective work on these.

>Also, are all the previous threads archived somewhere?

http://pastebin.com/dvgs6pSg

Those are what I could find with a quick search on one /w/ archive. There might be more that don't use the name in their title, but there's already a lot to start with there.

They're listed in chronological order, which also explains why many of the earlier "minimalist" threads don't really contain the style we're used to.
>>
>>1985129
No minimcomp then? D:
(sorry for spamming~)
>>
>>1985197

Well, participation last thread was kinda of scattered.

Although we ended up getting four people to participate, no one really critiqued each other on the latter submissions.

Minicomp is a useful tool, but only if people continue to participate after their submission. Comment on people who do it after them, offer advice, or ask for critique on their own works. We can't grow in a bubble.

It wasn't a resounding failure, but it wasn't a huge success either.

If there is more demand, I don't mind starting another post in this thread using the original Canidate #4, as that was the second most popular, but that's up to the usual fufillers if they want to give the minicomp concept another try.
>>
File: 58798769_p1_master1200.jpg (418KB, 844x1200px) Image search: [Google]
58798769_p1_master1200.jpg
418KB, 844x1200px
Requesting
>>
>>1985205
I don't have a huge amount of time but I thought it was fun, the people that did the image did not have a lot to critique because it looked like it was the more established people doing it and I would have liked to see more newbies trying there hand at it.

(We would also have to have someone judge the images to actually make it a Comp? :D)
>>
>>1985212

Making it a competition instead of a comparison may scare new people away from attempting it, though, and turn it away from a learning and training experience to a game of one-up-manship.

It's also hard to judge a "best minimalist" as that would be very subjective.

Still, if there still seems to be support for minicomp, I'll post the next one.
>>
>>1985205
Guess you're right, It was a "meh" feedback.

Atleast I couldnt give any feedback not because I didn't want to but because the image was so simple the only thing I could "critique" but as for me Shading is kinda difficult, I can only have one, and only one image in my mind to how to do it, may not be the best, but when I see someone else do it i have that "oooh" feeling that I could do it another way

Aside from common mistakes like too much nodes or bleeding colors I couldnt give any much feedback.

The Image was very simple so it was newbie-friendly, maybe with a more complex one we could see more prominent mistakes

Also, Sometimes critiques are subjective and relates to tastes like
>>1984829
And about >>1985213
It was a MINI-comp, so no established winner, just to get feedback and not to choose the best.
>>
I'll just throw it out there then and let's see what happens.

Standby for MiniComp fall.
>>
File: Canidate #4.png (340KB, 566x868px) Image search: [Google]
Canidate #4.png
340KB, 566x868px
MiniComp!

>What is MiniComp?
MiniComp, or Minimalize and Compare, is the process of everyone minimalizing the same image, and then comparing results.

>Who should take the request?
Everyone, both new and experienced, is requested to minimalize the same image.

>Why?
One of the main benefits of this thread over other places where minimalizations are created is that you are among your peers. Works are often criticized in order to improve people’s works; to learn new skills, and to see how some of the more experienced users do things.

No matter what your experience; if you’re trying this for the first time, or you’ve been with us for years, everyone is asked to participate. Newer users can post, receive critique, and see how the veterans did the same thing they did. And experienced users can more easily help newer folks since everyone has worked on the same piece. Or pick up subtle differences from other advanced users.

I know for some users, the simplicity of the requested image may turn you off, but please give it a try! It’s important for the health of these threads we foster more users to try minimalism, and it can only help with your participation!

If you've come to this thread a few weeks after, it's okay! Please give this a try. No matter how or when you've joined us, they'll always be plenty of posters here willing to give advice, so give this image a shot!

It should also be said, this ISN'T a competition. It is for the purposes of learning and critique.

This thread’s MiniComp is Takatsuki Yayoi from Idolm@ster

It is requested that the output png should be transparent, at 6x the resolution of the original image. This will make comparisons easier. Linking the svg file may be helpful as well.

Make sure to quote this post when you post your minimalized version, so it'll be easier for everyone to see submissions.
Once you've submitted, stick around and critique others; both older submissions and those that come after you!

Have fun!
>>
>>1985216
oh nice, I'm still doing the request from last thread so as soon as I finish I'll enter this one <.<
>>
File: SINStítulo-1.png (255KB, 1731x4034px) Image search: [Google]
SINStítulo-1.png
255KB, 1731x4034px
Reques from last thread
Fairly easy, dat leg tho, it was freaking me out, tried my best to fix it.

Im trying to do reuqests from simple to complex, so 7-tan is on the process
>>
>>1985231
ugh, sorry for title, guess my trauma with spanish classes slipped and forgot to rename the file :P
btw she's Kikuchi Makoto - Idolmaster
>>
Another updated version of a previous one of mine

>>1985196
Winter break has revealed just how much free time I have to kill, so I went through the threads up to (but not including) the first Return of the Minimalism thread and found some more. (though I might have missed a couple, I glossed over linked images)

http://pastebin.com/2W3hfEkL

There's still about 130 that remain to be identified
>>
File: jojo tusk act 4.jpg (72KB, 530x750px) Image search: [Google]
jojo tusk act 4.jpg
72KB, 530x750px
minimalize me pls
>>
File: 1481051047886.jpg (1MB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1481051047886.jpg
1MB, 1920x1200px
can someone please minimalize this
>>
>>1985301
You madman! Big help, though, seriously. After going through your second list I manged to identify a few more myself.

So I usually don't do this, but with all the identification and help, enough of the archive has changed where I'm reuploading it again.

https://mega.nz/#!O1wVFBoC!kDSbqpdPM2P_lYlErqhkPSQG3ZNZmS9T2yBz2LD_HxY

With duplicates removed and a significant amount of images now identified, we're at 578 total images with only 70 unknowns! That's only 12% of the archive now.

If anyone who downloads it knows who the unlabeled characters are from, or who they are, could you forward me a list like in >>1985301
>>1985170
?

It would be a massive help, thank you.
>>
File: soul-eater-233117.jpg (75KB, 800x1167px) Image search: [Google]
soul-eater-233117.jpg
75KB, 800x1167px
requesting
>>
File: Megumin.svg.png (856KB, 3474x8001px) Image search: [Google]
Megumin.svg.png
856KB, 3474x8001px
>>1985329
Sweet, this is the fastest I've seen these threads make advances since I joined up.

Going through the archive and threads so much made me reflect on a lot of my work (and others') and I've made good progress, but there's still ways to go.

I'll occasionally post more revised/improved versions of previous stuff (like this here Megumin - Konosuba, which had the wrong dress color), having a proper reference image helps, I've learned that now
>>
>>1985231
>>
request this please
>>
>>1985211
I'll try this one
>>
>>1985464
>>
File: Yayoi.svg.png (906KB, 3396x5208px) Image search: [Google]
Yayoi.svg.png
906KB, 3396x5208px
>>1985216
okay, here's mine.

This one was a tad more difficult than last time, mainly due to the linework being a bit sketch-like. Got lazy at the end and didn't shade the birds or socks.

Here's the svg:
https://mega.nz/#!zFcjnJZA!B5LgbiwWb6ItmA9n_nJQ3xly3L6crDxMbJwx6MMlE-U
>>
File: Salvatore.svg.png (1MB, 4092x7999px) Image search: [Google]
Salvatore.svg.png
1MB, 4092x7999px
Salvatore - Disgaea series

I love these sleek and stylish outfits, shame about the whole nazi stigma. Why couldn't all armies have good designers and stylists.
>>
This is the best source I could find for this >>1984669

Like the other anon said, if you just want this wallpaper without the face IMT >>1985291
is where you wanna ask.

Otherwise it's better to request the original un-modified image, easier to work with. You could use what you requested as a reference of how you would like it or something.
Or find the one who did this already and ask them for a transparent. Doing duplicate work is a bit less interesting.
>>
So I have been trying to get back into making wallpapers but I've been finding it increasingly more difficult to complete them after i have started

If anyone is willing to take them off my hands here is a archive: https://mega.nz/#fm/Sh4XTYTJ

I definitely must get into some better habits ...

also if anyone is interested in chatting on discord I have a channel here : Natsu_Aisyah
>>
>>1985606
My clipboard must have buged out, oh well https://discord.gg/ujaCY6V theres the link for real this time
>>
File: Flonneangel.svg.png (1MB, 4281x8001px) Image search: [Google]
Flonneangel.svg.png
1MB, 4281x8001px
>>1985606
The mega link just redirects to login screen (or my account if i'm logged in)
they are also usually longer with the decryption key to actually access it

Unrelated, a recolored version - Angel Flonne (Disgaea)
>>
>>1985610
yeah your right :L one sec i'll pm you on DA
>>
Cross posting this from the Vector thread also working on the mini contest.

Contest 7 started. See DA post for info.
http://double-you-vectors.deviantart.com/journal/Vector-Contest-7-653776481
>>
File: Vanilla and Chocola.svg.png (2MB, 6935x8000px) Image search: [Google]
Vanilla and Chocola.svg.png
2MB, 6935x8000px
Vanilla and Chocola - Nekopara
>>
File: simple chain pattern.png (154KB, 1269x1500px) Image search: [Google]
simple chain pattern.png
154KB, 1269x1500px
>>1985439
gonna do this now

And I'll use this to show how I will do the chain.
pic related is another way to make use of the tools at hand. Also, I just don't want to do the chain by hand. Sure, this way doesn't replicate the changing angles of each segment, but screw that, this is minimalism, I'll simplify stuff
>>
>>1985811
wow, i was wondering how people do these without taking forever. cool!
>>
File: Rem2.svg.png (1MB, 5616x8000px) Image search: [Google]
Rem2.svg.png
1MB, 5616x8000px
>>1985439
Rem - Re:Zero done
>>
File: Rem1.svg.png (1MB, 5616x8000px) Image search: [Google]
Rem1.svg.png
1MB, 5616x8000px
>>1985848
pre-bloodshed
>>
>>1985848
>>1985850
So cool! Thank you!
>>
File: Utsuro no hako to zero no maria.png (999KB, 872x629px) Image search: [Google]
Utsuro no hako to zero no maria.png
999KB, 872x629px
Can u do this? plssss
>>
File: LoveLive2.png (443KB, 2738x4367px) Image search: [Google]
LoveLive2.png
443KB, 2738x4367px
>>1984837
>>
>>1986009
Niiiiice! Thank you, anon.
>>
File: Dokuro-chan.png (1MB, 8001x5893px) Image search: [Google]
Dokuro-chan.png
1MB, 8001x5893px
Dokuro-chan - Bludgeoning Angel Dokuro-Chan

Here's the first of Royal-Jelly's unfinished ones
This one was about 95% done, I just added some finishing touches and minor adjustments
>>
File: Swatches are good.webm (1MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Swatches are good.webm
1MB, 1280x720px
One other thing that is very useful for minimalisms (and vectoring in general) is swatches. They are colors you pick and apply to objects from a toolbar rather than droplet it off another object.
If you decide you want the color to be a bit different, all you need to do is select one such object and all objects with the same swarch will change, since you are changing the swatch color, not only the objects.
This way you won't accidentally forget a small object or overflood your vector with too many colors.
>>
>>1984799
>>1984800

If you're still here, is there any way you can export the high resolution transparent for the archive?
>>
File: gardevoir.png (3MB, 3003x2000px) Image search: [Google]
gardevoir.png
3MB, 3003x2000px
working on this now

I just want to say, lurking on /tg/ is constantly exposing me to things I never expect to find there, let alone get into (sometimes stuff I really don't want to be into). Those bastards have their tendrils everywhere and they pull in everything from everywhere towards that wretched domain. Gods I love that cesspool!
>>
>>1986208
I cross posted some of your 40k works onto the warhammer thread, I hope you don't mind.
>>
File: Miyamizu_Mitsuha.png (502KB, 2710x4376px) Image search: [Google]
Miyamizu_Mitsuha.png
502KB, 2710x4376px
>>
File: Miyamizu_Mitsuha_Wallpaper.png (257KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Miyamizu_Mitsuha_Wallpaper.png
257KB, 1920x1080px
>>
File: 7-tan-Windows 7.png (1MB, 4908x4151px) Image search: [Google]
7-tan-Windows 7.png
1MB, 4908x4151px
Gah! I barely have time to do theese on holidays, but for now, have 7-tan
Background ver.
(If you want me to remove the gradient on the windows thing just tell me, I know, it looks like garbage)
>>
File: 7-tan-Windows 7..png (534KB, 4908x4151px) Image search: [Google]
7-tan-Windows 7..png
534KB, 4908x4151px
>>1986286
>Background ver.
obviously forgot to put the dem link there *clap* *clap*
https://my.mixtape.moe/twhocr.png
ver. without a bit of shading
https://my.mixtape.moe/dzqhhy.png
btw, This two vectors were so rushed there's problably a metric shit ton of inconsistencies everywhere, I didn't even check the values!
>>
File: fixme.png (717KB, 2710x4376px) Image search: [Google]
fixme.png
717KB, 2710x4376px
>>1986264
I'm complaining again. The watermark tells me you're the same anon who did Sako and you seem to have barely improved.

I think I get what you're going for with the transparent "lines" to more clearly show the shape of an object when it overlaps with the same color, but you have to fill it with an appropriate color underneath (like the shadow color)
To avoid this, change your background color to something that will bleed through any cracks, like this green.

>>1986223
Not at all, I am perfectly fine with any of my work being shared anywhere (but not for monetary purposes)
>>
File: Gardevoir.svg.png (2MB, 8000x5328px) Image search: [Google]
Gardevoir.svg.png
2MB, 8000x5328px
>>1986208
Gardevoir - Pokemon

One of the rare exceptions where excluding the eye would detract from the image
>>
File: Gardevoir-wfg.svg.png (3MB, 8000x5328px) Image search: [Google]
Gardevoir-wfg.svg.png
3MB, 8000x5328px
>>1986351
With the ground
>>
File: Gardevoir.jpg (351KB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
Gardevoir.jpg
351KB, 2560x1440px
>>1986353
And the wallpaper.

2017 better not be as shit, or I'm gonna feel like how he/she/it looks here
>>
File: gardevoir-empty.png (1MB, 8000x6977px) Image search: [Google]
gardevoir-empty.png
1MB, 8000x6977px
>>1986351
without the magic (i forgot i didn't draw the parts underneath the magic before and uploaded a fucked up version)
>>
File: ca.png (2MB, 2952x2800px) Image search: [Google]
ca.png
2MB, 2952x2800px
(Google Translate) It contains many details, but it would be great if someone could take my request. THX.
>>
File: 1483206046147.jpg (333KB, 1100x1536px) Image search: [Google]
1483206046147.jpg
333KB, 1100x1536px
Requesting this
>>
File: Angron ultimate.jpg (3MB, 1672x1150px) Image search: [Google]
Angron ultimate.jpg
3MB, 1672x1150px
As the first project of a new year I will be working on this ridiculously glorious monstrosity for the next week or two.

It's just too beautiful
>>
>>1986508
Ah, another rokujouma fan!

Just making sure, but have you seen this in the archive yet?
>>
>>1986537
I have, I'm actually the one that maintains the mega folder. I want to get hold of these at some point https://u.nya.is/udhvhh.png and think that the goddess one would be a good addition to it. Though I really do want to know what image he got Yurika's pose from, I can't place it for the life of me
>>
File: spicywolf.png (104KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
spicywolf.png
104KB, 1920x1080px
>>
>>1985329
There were some I was certain of so here:

37 - jt9Ezqn - Hajime - Hamatora
1316366723206 & 1463451939612 & 1463452050488 - Koneko - High School DxD
1404366232806 - Mashiro - Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo
1431885826884 - White - Kekkai Sensen
1450714648056 - Hiyori - Noragami
1454359462220 & 1454359524775 - Chain - Kekkai Sensen
1459843293343 - Mirei - Digimon
>>
File: Konpaku_Youmou.0.png (333KB, 2380x4206px) Image search: [Google]
Konpaku_Youmou.0.png
333KB, 2380x4206px
>>1986311
Did I do any better with this?
>>
File: only minor stuff.png (371KB, 2380x4206px) Image search: [Google]
only minor stuff.png
371KB, 2380x4206px
>>1986558
Yes. Overall just do more simpler ones like it to get a better feel for the tools and solidify your basic methods. Don't forget to experiment though, you can discover many ways to do stuff quicker (and better) than the *usual* way.

A few things to always look out for is an excess of nodes, especially for rounded objects like skin and most clothing. Always try to give everything a once-over and check if what you see is how it *should* be and not just how the source image has it.

And when you think you are done, change the background color. This will refresh your perception and you will better see the image for what it is rather than what you think you did.
>>
>>1986541
As the archivest of this thread, I can tell you that wasn't done by someone in this thread.

If you didn't know already, the person who did it was http://saxonkeel.deviantart.com/art/Rokujouma-no-Shinryakusha-Band-of-Knights-627089715 , I'm sure they'd be open to questions, if you want to find the sauce of the yurika pose.
>>
>>1986556
Thank you kindly! Every little bit helps.
>>
File: yotsuba&!.png (461KB, 8000x4500px) Image search: [Google]
yotsuba&!.png
461KB, 8000x4500px
Let's fight this new year along with yotsuba, Yousuke and Jumbo!
>>1986354
>he/she/it
in later generations Kirlia has to be female to be able to evolve into Gardevoir.
>>1986513
you have a lot of free time, dont you?
>>
File: yotsuba..png (147KB, 1715x2645px) Image search: [Google]
yotsuba..png
147KB, 1715x2645px
>>1986828
or yotsuba only?
>>
File: yotsuba&!..png (426KB, 2164x3590px) Image search: [Google]
yotsuba&!..png
426KB, 2164x3590px
>>1986828
I chose the wrong file and uploaded one with the background, sorry!
>>
File: pauldron.png (384KB, 2001x1530px) Image search: [Google]
pauldron.png
384KB, 2001x1530px
>>1986828
Regarding pokemon, I know basically nothing, maybe some random stuff from 10 years ago when I saw some episodes of the show.

>has to be female
this explains a lot about the fan art i've seen

As for your question, yes. Yes I do.
It's been just over a week and I've already made 9 new ones (more than I thought). To be fair, I am still on winter break, and only have some exams to deal with. But that's just an excuse actually. I have way too much free time.

For instance, this pauldron took about 3 hours (and I might still make some changes). Most anime ones take somewhere between 2-3h, rarely more than 5, some under 1. I imagine I will put in about 15-20 hours into this.
>>
File: Maki Nishikino.png (750KB, 1804x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Maki Nishikino.png
750KB, 1804x1080px
requesting this please and thank you :D
>>
File: Goddess Aqua.jpg (313KB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
Goddess Aqua.jpg
313KB, 2560x1440px
>>1984670
I shouldn't forget to post papes on the pape board
>>
File: 1475619636269.png (637KB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
1475619636269.png
637KB, 2560x1440px
>>
File: 1475646617356.jpg (392KB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
1475646617356.jpg
392KB, 2560x1440px
>>
File: Kirisame Marisa - Touhou.png (409KB, 2473x3754px) Image search: [Google]
Kirisame Marisa - Touhou.png
409KB, 2473x3754px
>>1985211
sorry for being so slow! I'm still working on stuff, shading might come eventually
>>
>>1985329

Kayo - Erased

Kaori - Your Lie in April
^I'm like 90% sure.

37 - jt9Ezqn
Hajime - Hamatora

Hatsune Miku & Megpoid Gumi - Matryoshka

Mio or Azusa - K On
^I can't distinguish .
>>
>>1987456
Thanks! You did a wonderful job :)
>>
>>1987573
Thank you! Every bit helps. Were down to ~50 unknowns now.
>>
>>1987456
Also, sorry I forgot to ask this earlier, but can you put the image on top of a 2560x1440 background to the right side similar to the way >>1986828 and >>1987355 is?
>>
File: Kirisame Marisa - Touhou..png (146KB, 2559x1440px) Image search: [Google]
Kirisame Marisa - Touhou..png
146KB, 2559x1440px
>>1987694
here you go
>>
>>1987724
Thanks!
>>
>>1985555
What's the secret to those squiggles? Never could get curve lines so smooth.
>>
File: simply lines.png (39KB, 1000x883px) Image search: [Google]
simply lines.png
39KB, 1000x883px
>>1987842
No secret, just minimal use of nodes. The first two lines each are only 2 nodes, the first has extended handles from both in different directions, the second only one node's handles are used. The third has mid-nodes that are smooth.
You can open the project file I attached there to see what everything is made up of.
>>
File: K-On Mugi Keyboard.jpg (38KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
K-On Mugi Keyboard.jpg
38KB, 1024x768px
Requesting Mugi from K-On in 1080x1920? Or any similar resolution, Unless one has already been made.
>>
File: Nico.png (214KB, 4166x2546px) Image search: [Google]
Nico.png
214KB, 4166x2546px
>>1985328
Ayy late response, I don't have the time to browse /w/ much anymore.

I actually did this before. It should have been in the archive, make sure you check there before requesting. It's one of my worse ones, so feel free to re-request if you want.
>>
>>1986483
I've done one of Crimson Avenger before, and I wouldn't mind doing another. I don't have much free time, but I'll try to get it done eventually (Maybe a week or so).
>>
>>1985329
Sakurano Kurimu - Seitokai no Ichizon

Natsukawa Masuzu - OreShura

I think this one is an original character. I cant remember the artist but I'll have to dig through my hard drive to see if I can find the un-minimalized version to reverse image search.
>>
>>1988270
>1451971766379
It is an original http://www.pixiv.net/member_illust.php?mode=medium&illust_id=51921832 Artist's name romanises to Rin Yuu
>>
>>1988270
>>1988271

Thank you, I've labeled the last one as

OC - pixiv ID 4754550

so others can find it, if they're curious
>>
>>1988277
pixiv ID 4754550 gives a random manga page, surely you mean 51921832, unless I misunderstood what you meant by ID
>>
>>1988277
>>1988278
Oh, user ID, ignore my stupidity
>>
>>1988278
>>1988281

I can now see how that can be confusing.

Should I keep it as user ID, and clarify it's the user id, or change it to the specific page id?
>>
>>1988284
I think clarifying as user ID, because it's the source in a wider sense, like the series would be normally
>>
>>1988287
Alright
>>
>>1986560
>>1986558
The area around the neck/cheek also seems like the shirt is in front of the cheek.
But like that anon said, make one layer just a background that goes against all the colors to see defects.
>>1985811
>>1987862
>>1984817
If any of you have tips on how to make fur (like on >>1986513 )not look like shit and not have to go and make 500 individual curves, I'd really like to know.
>>
File: quick fur.png (491KB, 2118x3001px) Image search: [Google]
quick fur.png
491KB, 2118x3001px
>>1988351
i've been a bit lazy and barely done any vectoring recently, but your question got me thinking "how will I do the fur?", because usually I do in fact make all the individual curves and just didn't think about it too hard

So, after about 20 minutes of copy-pasting and rotating here's the result
>>
File: shading fur i guess.png (181KB, 1594x1064px) Image search: [Google]
shading fur i guess.png
181KB, 1594x1064px
>>1988351
>>1988438
oh and Gods help you if you want to add shading to fur. I wont since that image is complex enough already, but this is one way i would do it
>>
File: Salvatore.jpg (224KB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
Salvatore.jpg
224KB, 2560x1440px
>>1985593
>>
File: yotsuba2.png (3MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
yotsuba2.png
3MB, 1920x1080px
requestin'
>>
File: 1437119238015.jpg (416KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1437119238015.jpg
416KB, 1920x1080px
also this, but no white outlines or pink in background so her outfit blends in with the wallpaper.
>>
File: MiniComp1-Min.png (715KB, 4305x5811px) Image search: [Google]
MiniComp1-Min.png
715KB, 4305x5811px
>>1985216
Mine so far, only added minimal amount of shadow. I forgot what tool it was to make the stroke edges circular.
>>
File: fills, never strokes.png (113KB, 2000x2076px) Image search: [Google]
fills, never strokes.png
113KB, 2000x2076px
>>1988802
First off, you should avoid using strokes at all times, but if you must know it's under the fill and stroke -> stroke style submenu (inkscape, there's probably an equivalent to that in illustrator)

This is how I would do this. The red dots indicate nodes. You should not need more than this for these kinds of shapes. Also generally use elipses for eyes, even when it's a bit wobbly in the source, since eyes are always natural elipses, unless specifically deformed.
>>
>>1988929
Yeah that does look much better, I was just trying to go for a quick one. And her left eye at the bottom is sort of cut out/flat, I used ellipses for them but deformed the left due to that small detail.
>>
>>1988789
Like this or do you want the wings to be made?
http://i.imgur.com/sLcUmxg.png
>>
>>1985129
>
When I try the link, it breaks the tab. Got another, complete link or maybe a tinyurl for it?
>>
>>1988978
odd, it works for me

also the archive was updated a few days later >>1985329
just checked and this one works for me too
>>
>>1988970
Looks great

and sure why not, lets compare to see which looks better
>>
File: Asuka Langley D.Va.jpg (561KB, 2880x1800px) Image search: [Google]
Asuka Langley D.Va.jpg
561KB, 2880x1800px
Would this be possible?
>>
File: Req2-Min.png (947KB, 5360x7613px) Image search: [Google]
Req2-Min.png
947KB, 5360x7613px
>>1988992
Here you go with the wings, the bottom one sort of looks weird though.
>>
File: Chocola and Vanilla.jpg (332KB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
Chocola and Vanilla.jpg
332KB, 2560x1440px
>>1985797
>>
File: Seija.png (500KB, 2500x3068px) Image search: [Google]
Seija.png
500KB, 2500x3068px
Picked up Inkscape a few days ago, and followed a few tutorials.
This is my first time trying to apply what I learned.
Anyone mind telling me what I did wrong?
>>
>>1989578
Very good for a first.
Took me a bit to notice some issues, particularly that you used too many nodes in places. Had to redraw part of the head to make sure though.

Other problems are the background bleeds through on the left part of the neck, and the necktie and clothing overall shouldn't have jitters like that which are caused by sharp point nodes.
It would help if you could post or link to the source image.

Might just be me (and I'm not the best person to talk about color) but the skin and shirt seem to blend together and I can barely notice the yellow buttons and bracelet, maybe try changing up the values there.

Everything else seems to be more or less in order, most errors come from an unrefined technique and work ethic. That irons out with practice, so keep at it, we love having more people contribute here.
>>
File: Rem.jpg (206KB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
Rem.jpg
206KB, 2560x1440px
>>1989587
oops, forgot to change fill rule to solid

here's a pape of >>1985848 instead of fixing that
>>
>>1989587
Thank you. Here's the sauce, boss.

Her hair really is a mess, to the point that I forgot to make a few holes/white streaks (e.g. at the top).
I made the streaks by drawing curves over the black hair, duping it, then taking the intersection, but that leaves the black hair underneath, creating the ugly outlines.
Sorry if this is a dumb beginner question, but how do I get rid of those?

I agree with there being too many nodes on the collar, I can fix that.
Don't know how to fix the collar edges and neck boundary, though. I'm not too good with layering yet.
>>
File: simple order of objects.png (170KB, 3234x1000px) Image search: [Google]
simple order of objects.png
170KB, 3234x1000px
>>1989589
>how do I get rid of those
couple of ways:
simplest is to just delete or reshape the part underneath. This is where layers, moving objects "up" and "down" comes into play to get to the one you want to work on and then moving it to the back.
Another is you can simply move the nodes slightly of the top object to cover what would otherwise leave a slight outline.

For parts where the same object is both over and under another an easy fix is to dupe it, move the dupe to back, then delete parts of the top one to not have the bits that go under.
Or, if the parts over and under are well defined as they are here (with the neck anyway) I would do it like in pic.

On an unrelated note, I thought the image was some fan-art of Matoi Ryuko as a demon snow princess or something
>>
File: Seija.png (470KB, 2500x3000px) Image search: [Google]
Seija.png
470KB, 2500x3000px
>>1989592
Alright, tried to fix some of the things you pointed out.
I think these colors are more visible, but that might be just me.
Hair, neck, and collar are fixed, I think. Thanks for the tips.

Don't know how to straighten the shoulders, though.

>ryuko matoi as a demon snow princess
Oh you.
>>
File: shoulders.png (128KB, 1487x1934px) Image search: [Google]
shoulders.png
128KB, 1487x1934px
>>1989738
Good, better. You should now move on to a new project. take what you've learned from this and apply that to a new one. Dwelling too long on the same one won't let you absorb new info that well.

Based on the source I would do the shoulders like this. The left pops out since the scarf-thing lays on top of the shirt and I would emulate that on the right one as well.
The right uses clipping, useful for multi-color objects, but sometimes inkscape bleeds the object underneath through, so it should be nudged a bit - add nodes just within the clipped objects area, make sure they are point nodes (diamonds) and move the rest in.
>>
File: Untitled.png (121KB, 1382x744px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
121KB, 1382x744px
>>1989764
Thanks, I've actually started working on a new one already.
Got another question, though.
I know the bottom left node is shared by two different paths, but is there a way to smoothen the line it makes?
It's the same problem I had with the shoulders on the previous one.
>>
File: keepin it smooth.png (57KB, 2245x800px) Image search: [Google]
keepin it smooth.png
57KB, 2245x800px
>>1989778
a sure-fire way is to first make the entire curve, then add a node in the place where it will share the node. Turn that node to a point, duplicate it, then you can work on the rest however you need without worrying about trying to painstakingly align it by hand.
>>
File: Futo.png (247KB, 1500x1900px) Image search: [Google]
Futo.png
247KB, 1500x1900px
Alright, second attempt.
The background refuses to become transparent, for some reason.
I'd also shade the skirt so the folds don't look weird, but I don't know how to do that yet.

r8 me, /w/
>>
>>1989811
Reference image.
>>
File: im nitpicky.png (556KB, 2102x2042px) Image search: [Google]
im nitpicky.png
556KB, 2102x2042px
>>1989811
my guess is that you forgot to set the bg color transparency to 0 on the left bar under document properties. I don't know of anything else that could leave a bg, other than another object underneath.

Overall it's good. A couple of technical issues resulting from the source image being a sketch.
#! Ribbons are generally smooth lines rather than with sharp turns, except for the ends of course.
#2 (and this is more of just how I would do it) The sleeve broken-ribbon-line-thing could be made to look like one continuous broken line by making it such and then splitting it into segments.
#3 (again, just my preference) Making the fluffs circles loses their fluffiness, I prefer to either add some fur-like stuff (kinda like here >>1988438 ) or have it be a many point star polygon with a bit of randomization to make it seem more natural.

Everything else seems to be solid, though the green sleeve appears to have some unnecessary coloring. Sketches tend to have some mistakes and as vectorists we have the ability to fix such things. Don't always blindly just trace everything how it is, the artists are people too, sources can have mistakes too.
>>
File: Alpha human - Crush Crush.png (3MB, 6631x8000px) Image search: [Google]
Alpha human - Crush Crush.png
3MB, 6631x8000px
Someone on DA asked for a human skin color version of this old one.
Looking at it months later with all the stuff I've learned, it's a bit of a mess. Too many various shades of blue, and I probably would've used gradients for the hair (or at least not made it as complicated)
And, Gods, those fingers.
I still like the wire texture on the mic and speakers though.
>>
File: CatK-On.png (421KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
CatK-On.png
421KB, 1920x1080px
Does anyone know where I can find minimalist wallpapers like these with simple backgrounds but the anime characters still have their faces and features? Like pic related.
>>
File: Futo.png (236KB, 1400x1900px) Image search: [Google]
Futo.png
236KB, 1400x1900px
>>1989813
Did what I could to address the various things you pointed out.
I went with a poly-polygon for the fluff balls at first, but they seemed to clash with the smoothness of the rest of the image, in my opinion.
I might also be using too many nodes in some places.

>im nitpicky
No problem with paying close attention to details, as long as it helps one learn, right?
>>
>>1989981
>as long as it helps one learn
Oh definitely, I've learned a lot myself from all this analyzing others' work. About half of the advice I have given throughout this thread so far is stuff I figured out as I was writing it, some stuff just hadn't occurred to me until I started thinking about it.
Lurking on the vector thread also helps me try out new things or look at stuff from a critical eye.

Probably the most important thing you can learn is to find things wrong in your own work. Just take a step back and consider - do I like what I see - both the whole and the parts.

>>1989914
There's this thread >>1987622
Don't know if they keep any collections or galleries. Might be some in archive.nyafuu.org but I suck at searching through it
>>
File: Seija.png (153KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Seija.png
153KB, 1920x1080px
Seija from Touhou Project, now in wallpaper form.
While I try to find a good shading tutorial for minimalism.
>>
>>1989914
If that's all you're after it's dead simple to make those yourself, bro. Just go to literally any booru, find a picture without a background you wanna use, magic wand select the background and delete it then fill with whatever background color you like.
>>
Anyone feel like taking on minimalzations of anime operators?

If you like cute girls with guns, I've got a folder of over 600 animu operators if you're into that sort of thing

https://mega.nz/#!mkJ2RaLS!Nif4guXXwz5reyl6BTnRoPTD_TU3Aq_FaEsdAXWFl18

Not asking someone to do all of them, but if there's one in there that's particularly interesting, or that you want to do, I'd like to see it.

Thanks!
>>
Why does illustrator get random edges when joining/dividing shapes together, but it's all fixed when you move it just a bit to the side, though if you move it back the error happens again.
http://i.imgur.com/EJJFVRR.jpg
I've used Ctrl + J, aligned it all correctly but it still has that happen.
>>1989811
I also get that background problems sometimes, what always fixes it is just turning off the display (eye) on the ref image and others aside from the minimal redraw.
>>
File: mokou flamethrower.png (358KB, 2500x2500px) Image search: [Google]
mokou flamethrower.png
358KB, 2500x2500px
>>1990051
Best I could do.
Doesn't look too good imo, but that's probably because I'm still pretty new to vectoring.

I like your collection, I'll probably do more from it when I have the time.
>>
>>1990074
I don't think I've encountered either of those problems in the years of using Illustrator. Try downloading the latest Illustrator CC and see if the issues still occur.
>>
>>1990176
It's happening when I make the hexagon with 3 different colors. Happened by using the Polygon Tool then the pathfinder tool, and when I tried it with Line Segment Tool and use ctrl J, but with Pathfinder it would thicken the lines and add some 6 segments to it.
http://i.imgur.com/Tu90nJn.png
>>
>>1990181
Not sure, I don't use either of those tools. It should be very easy to simply delete those extra nodes that it created.
>>
>>1990001
I've tried that and all of my papes look like ass compared to the ones in the simple background threads. Even if I download already transparent images, there is this white jagged border around the pictures whenever I paint bucket the background.
>>
>>1990230
the jagged border is either a poorly done render or you are not using layers correctly. Actually the way that anon suggested basically guarantees such edges.
Instead first fill the canvas with the bg color, then import the character, move it around, etc. and done
>>
>>1990074
>>1990181
>>1990230
Stop using the Live Paint Tool and you will not have any issues with this.
>>
>>1990236
>Actually the way that anon suggested basically guarantees such edges.
Did you see the example he posted of what he wanted? The girls have a white outline around them because whoever made it used a sloppy render. If that's all you're aiming for it's not even hard to do.
>>
File: Minicomp.png (795KB, 3000x4500px) Image search: [Google]
Minicomp.png
795KB, 3000x4500px
>>1985216
Here's mine.
I don't really like her right hand (left for us), probably because it's already in a weird angle in the reference pic.

But aside from that, I learned a lot while making this.
Swatches are great for keeping things organized.
I finally started using different layers instead of drawing EVERYTHING on one layer.
I couldn't find any tutorials on minimalist shading, so I used this one to just experience it myself.

Overall, I like how this turned out.
>>
File: 1482559212880.png (56KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1482559212880.png
56KB, 1920x1080px
Step aside. I'm revolutionizing minimalism.
>>
>>1990427
How did you capture houki so perfectly?
>>
>>1990427
>>1990468
oh look /a/ is leaking again
>>
File: Goddess Spheres.jpg (162KB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
Goddess Spheres.jpg
162KB, 2560x1440px
Ahh... finally done with real world obligations. Those took more of my time than I thought, but now I'm ready to do more minimalism stuff. Angron's now a long-term project, it gets a little boring working with just gold and crimson on tiny bits.
Liked the spheres on this >>1986508
so I quickly made pic related. Gonna do the rest of her soon too.
>>
>>1990647
Thank you, I'm looking forward to seeing it completed, if it'd be possible to get a version of her separate from the orbs as well, I'd really appreciate it.
>>
>>1990649
Sure, here you go.
>>
File: Goddess of Dawn worbs.svg.png (2MB, 5991x8000px) Image search: [Google]
Goddess of Dawn worbs.svg.png
2MB, 5991x8000px
>>1990656
And with the orbs.

huh, after two weeks of not finishing anything, I kinda forgot how quickly normal anime images can be done.
>>
>>1990656
You're a gentleman and a scholar, thanks
>>
File: Yumemi Planetarian PNG.png (4MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Yumemi Planetarian PNG.png
4MB, 1920x1080px
I'd like to request this, dont know if the light and background may make it too dificult, if possible keep the sphere she is sitting on (it is a proyector) and make the background plain with just some tiny stars, Thank you
>>
>>1985993
Kazuki and Aya - The Empty Box and The Zeroth Maria
>>
Just found out about the filename format.
Futo, now with shading.

Meanwhile, I made a new enemy today.
Fucking hands, how do they work and how do you apply shadows to them?
Not even the original artist is sure.
>>
>>1990167
Thank you! I'd love to see more people try things from my archive, but I understand waifus with guns doesn't appeal to everyone.
>>
File: IMG_0318.jpg (452KB, 1814x1701px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0318.jpg
452KB, 1814x1701px
Requesting this. Sorry for the noise, but it's the best quality I could find. Thanks in advance!
>>
File: Reisen Inaba - Touhou Project.png (327KB, 2752x2828px) Image search: [Google]
Reisen Inaba - Touhou Project.png
327KB, 2752x2828px
Friend found out I've been learning how to make these over the past week, suddenly asks me to make one for his waifu.

I might have mis-layered a few things, I caught 3 layering errors before uploading this.
>>
File: Hoshino Yumemi - Planetarian.png (199KB, 1500x1700px) Image search: [Google]
Hoshino Yumemi - Planetarian.png
199KB, 1500x1700px
>>1990664
Is this decent enough for you?
Sorry about the colors I picked, the lighting wasn't helping at all.

Also, did I get the source right, since my google-fu is pretty weak?
>>
File: Yumemi.svg.png (2MB, 7121x8000px) Image search: [Google]
Yumemi.svg.png
2MB, 7121x8000px
Welp, it happened again. Since I noticed >>1990960
already did this one a bit before me, it gave me an excuse to be a little more liberal with my version.

Although, I would generally recommend looking up other reference images when the source >>1990664
has strong lighting or other distorting factors (when possible). Yumemi actually has lighter, aqua/teal colored hair.

>>1990812
>Fucking hands, how do they work and how do you apply shadows to them?
Ah yes, shading. Sadly I have no real advice on that topic. This is something I acquired purely through experience and for hands I usually just go with my gut - how does this look? what happens if I move this line a little closer, or narrow the gap, should the fingers be this short/long, like, really? is that spacing normal? is that actually a hand or a tentacle monster? (luckily I have two hands to compare with and make sure)
>>
File: Yumemi pape.png (239KB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
Yumemi pape.png
239KB, 2560x1440px
>>1990664
Is this plain-with-just-some-tiny-stars what you had in mind?
>>
>>1985329
1450875444188 - Kurumi - Touhou
1460092392486 - Sofia De Sainte-Coquille - Rune Factory
80 - zqDe7Nj - Volcarona - Pokemon (but as a human)

Also, Marisa's family name is Kirisame with an i, not a u.
>>
>>1991065

Thank you! With you're help, we're not down to a total of 50 unknowns. That's down a lot from the 130 we started this thread with.
>>
>>1985329
Went through the rest of the archived threads and found some more.

http://pastebin.com/YQV6UZfq
>>
File: Reisen Inaba - Touhou.png (767KB, 3550x3648px) Image search: [Google]
Reisen Inaba - Touhou.png
767KB, 3550x3648px
>>1990946
Now with lighting and shading.
I hope I'm getting better at this.
>>
i love megumin
>>
File: So close.png (153KB, 494x795px) Image search: [Google]
So close.png
153KB, 494x795px
>>1991115
Thanks again for your help Carionto; with that we're now down to 24 unknowns.
>>
>>1991215

Good thing we've got six of her in the archive!

>>1985329

Take your pick.
>>
File: File resolution limitations.png (144KB, 1980x1020px) Image search: [Google]
File resolution limitations.png
144KB, 1980x1020px
>>1991298

I lost my image due to size limitations, haha.
>>
>>1991295
1406676863502 = Hinata Hyuuga
>>
>>1991295
1448980089862 is Hibiki from Kancolle
1468568494547 is Nozomi Tojo from Love Live
>>
>>1991295
pretty sure 1425199993317 is Gou Matsuoka
>>
>>1986483
Done.
>>
>>1991451
Great! Thank you! <3
>>
Does anyone have a good vector of Hatsune Miku that would work well in two colors? I'm looking mostly for a silhouette, or an edge shadow.
>>
File: e7d.png (355KB, 1153x827px) Image search: [Google]
e7d.png
355KB, 1153x827px
Pls
>>
Does anyone have an image with an autistic amount of detail they want done? No guarantees about finishing it but I'd be nice to work on something in my free time.
>>
Chris
>>
File: shading stuff i guess.png (269KB, 1589x2000px) Image search: [Google]
shading stuff i guess.png
269KB, 1589x2000px
>>1991154
You are, solid work.

A few bug-bears though.
I apply pic related when set clip causes some line inconsistencies or there's a hefty amount of bleed-through (fairly easy to spot with high contrast colors, less problematic with similar ones)
And just a general reminder to try to get all the lines with as few nodes as possible.

>>1991942
Well this anon >>1990051 has plenty of girls in camo and with military gear.

Though i'm curious as to what you consider autistic amount. This >>1991451 with shading would take me a couple extra hours, but nothing compares to the daunting level of detail of Warhammer 40K art, like Angron here >>1986513 (which defeats me for several days every time i make some progress)
>>
File: 1469689489943.png (2MB, 8000x4500px) Image search: [Google]
1469689489943.png
2MB, 8000x4500px
>>1991968
>Well this anon >>1990051 has plenty of girls in camo and with military gear.

Browsed through that a bit, but nothing really caught my interest.

>Though i'm curious as to what you consider autistic amount.

Probably something in between your Crimson Avenger vector and pic related (not done by me).

I'll probably end up doing something random from pixiv, but I figured I'd check here first in case an anon had a request they had given up on.
>>
File: mmpr.jpg (973KB, 5256x1262px) Image search: [Google]
mmpr.jpg
973KB, 5256x1262px
Kindly requesting
>>
File: Nanoha Force Fortress System.jpg (995KB, 3036x1365px) Image search: [Google]
Nanoha Force Fortress System.jpg
995KB, 3036x1365px
>>1991942
If you could do that image >>1990051 in particular, I'd be very appreciative. But it also sounds like it might not be your thing, then that's okay.

If you're looking for a challenge, anything from Nanoha would be good. Although not personally a fan, just look at this design:
>>
>>1991001
It looks really good, Tried it myself and gave up after 2 hours, Thank you very much, Feels just right for me.
>>
>>1991000
Is there a tool that lets you make resized and centered copies of paths (like her wings), or did you make those by hand?
>>
File: Paths submenu.png (319KB, 1250x1763px) Image search: [Google]
Paths submenu.png
319KB, 1250x1763px
>>1992115
Dynamic/linked offset. Fairly useful for making non-gradient glow and whatnot.

Vector programs have a lot of different tools and options within, especially if you explore filters and extensions, and the objects submenu, and a whole lot more. I'm looking through as I write this and there is a ton of stuff i've never even tried out. Most of it seems more aimed at proper art projects rather than to what we do here, but you never really know until you try it out.
>>
>>1987357
The cringe in seeing this as a jpg
Minimalist photos work best as png, and photos in general as png is lossless and therefore has no compression.
You've got to care about this stuff buddy.
>>
File: Miku 2color.svg.png (693KB, 5308x4000px) Image search: [Google]
Miku 2color.svg.png
693KB, 5308x4000px
>>1991843
I sometimes toy around with different color schemes, thought to give a 2 color scheme a try. Not that interested in vocaloids, so skimped on some details for expediency.
Is this what you meant? Also, don't really understand what is edge-shadow, and google isn't being that helpful. I learn best from examples rather than descriptions btw
>>
File: miia2.png (163KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
miia2.png
163KB, 1920x1080px
>>1991855
Here ya go anon. Its not perfect this is only my third attempt at doing these I'm still learning how to do them.
>>
>>1992168
That's exactly what I wanted thank you
>>
>>1985170
>>1985129
80-zqDe7Nj - Pokegirl version of Volcarona
131636672306 - Koneko ffrom Highschool DxD
1406676863502 - Hyuuga Hinata from Naruto
1410496061059 - Asuza from K-on
142525494987 - Ayase and Shu from Guilty Crown
1428490115304 - Sakurano Kurimu
1431885826884 - Shinobu from the Monogatari Series.
1434608698598 - Maki from Love live!
1446369513424 - Hatsune Miku - Vocaloid
1452136844055 - miku and gumi - vocaloid
1453192397559 - Rui ninomiya - Gatchaman Crowds
1454359780058 - same uniform as the girls from Yuru Yuri, but doesn't look like any of the main cast...
1455047888831 - yui form K-on
1456350055603 - Not fully sure - might be a vocaloid, but the sigh says "takumin" - unsure if it is the artist takumin or takumi from the series.
1463451939612 and the next one are either the catgirl form Monogatari or the K anime but could be wrong because of the bangs (unless it is a fanwork...)
1464666249199 - oryou
1468568494547 - Umi from Love live!
Acchicocci - Foxyantho - the names are io (boy) and Tsumiki(catgirl). She is not a fox.
Adepta Sortita Dark angels SHould be adeptas Soritas - it is plural because they are group names, according WH40K lore.
Might be some redundant items with carionto - as I haven't been able to compare his list from where I am (no dual monitors when not at home)
>>
>>1992240
Also noticed that the Acchi Kochi one was misnamed - it should be tsumiki (catgitrl - not fox) and io (boy) and the Monky D. Luffy Should be Monkey D. Luffy.

I also was the one that did the Charlotte Dunios and Laura Bodewig in cat pajamas image.
>>
>>1992245
And THIS is why I hate not having dual monitors - sorry about the Acchi Kocchi (correct spelling this time) redundancy.

Anyways, I am almost certain the first three after the One Week Friends (the first listed) are all from Idolm@ster, but I am not familiar with the characters to know which "set" they are - cinderella girls or the original cast...
>>
>>1992165
Like the black better - it "pops" better. The other would definitely be the better choice for a dark-colored background, though...
>>
File: Enemy Unkown.png (282KB, 1801x683px) Image search: [Google]
Enemy Unkown.png
282KB, 1801x683px
>>1992240
>>1992245

Thank you for your help, but most of those have already been identified by others.

This is the most updated list of the remaining unknowns.

As for FoxyAnthro, that was a holdover on some files before the naming system; it is the name of the author on DA who contributed a lot of his work to the early archive. It's in the Readme.

If you, or anyone else, could take a look at this list of renaming unknowns to help identify them, though, that would be immensely helpful
>>
>>1990647
Did you make each sphere individually, or did you make one, then make color and size changes as needed?
>>
>>1991314
>1468568494547
That was Nozomi and not Umi? I must be slipping.. 8(
>>
>>1992248
I had just grabbed the most recent (literally ten minutes before I posted) so sorry for the redundancies.
First row, Orange with bikini is bugging me. I should KNOW this one.

Same with Bottom row, Middle. Shuu and ayse are middle, third from right. I'll do some more looking around for the others in the list.
>>
>>1992248
Google found me, for 74-DFRCFil: http://twisave.com/nataku_yukiiti/favorites/2015/4/29
>>
>>1992256
Just one, as all of them were the same size in original, then recolored and resized, and extra resizing and moving for the light reflection white circles.

>>1992248
I found the request images for three of these, but I can't seem to be able to reverse search any of them.
http://imgur.com/a/m5sub
>>
>>1992248
http://pastebin.com/4CSvfXUU

No idea for first and last, I think the first might be Makoto Kikuchi from Idolmaster, but if it is, I can't find the source image, and the last one I can only find used as some dude's picture on a russian social media
>>
File: zetsubou maid.jpg (409KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
zetsubou maid.jpg
409KB, 1920x1080px
requesting

if that's too much just the far right girl
>>
Requesting, not sure how well a snowman will reduce
>>
>>1992268
>>1992278
>>1992288

Thank you everyone. With this, we have everything more or less labeled!

To prevent confusion for the rest of the thread, I'm uploading the latest version of the archive:

https://mega.nz/#!T5wmHaAA!ckEHPWqJ1J5l5HFkkc2n0DcSLmpLiK8ihjjzSOhxA8s

It's still not perfect, some of the entries are labeled with royaljelly or foxyanthro as the authors instead of the series source material, and those last couple of images with unsaucable OC are labeled as OC, but no more numbers!

My next big project for the archive, which is going to be really painful, is to change the format to Series or Source Material - Character.

It's my fault for not thinking out the format when first proposed, but reversing the order of the current format makes more sense, that way characters of the same series are grouped together and it's easier to find.

It's not going to get done for a while, but that's where the archive will be headed, eventually.

For now, just keep posting the names in the normal format, as I don't want to be confused when I eventually do start this process on which names are already flipped or not.

Thanks again everyone for both contributing images and helping me find what I thought was unsaucable. Going from ~150 unkowns to 0 in a single thread is impressive, and like most of /min/ threads, it's because of the community we have.

I cannot say it enough, thank you!
>>
>>1992324
Good work, regardless! I know how much of a chore it was to resort all my music.

Suggestion? I'd make folders for each one following, so I'd have folders: Anime, Warhammer 40K (or games)
Series: Yuru Yuri, Blood angels (or Warhammer 40K)
Character, then put the characters in each. Maybe have thumbnails in each main folder showing some of the layout?

It's up to you, and it is more work this way, but I know I saved myself headaches later on when I was looking for specific artists and songs...
>>
>>1992259
Yeah, I see people mistaking the one for the other all the time haha
>>
File: Maki Nishikino - Love Live.svg.png (1MB, 4554x7999px) Image search: [Google]
Maki Nishikino - Love Live.svg.png
1MB, 4554x7999px
>>1986962
>>
>>1992290
Wanted to do something relatively simple, because my current project is getting really complicated.

>>1992324
"Inubashiri Momiji" and "Momiji Inubashiri 2 - Touhou" are dupes of each other.
>>
>>1992291
Well enough I think.

>>1992324
Awesome, the power of crowdsourcing rocks!

And godspeed when you do begin that process. While I was going through the archived threads and finding some of the unknown I moved the ones I and others here found to a subfolder in addition to the txt list to only see the ones that were still unknown. Something like that might help prevent confusion for you.
>>
File: Maki Nishikino - Love Live.svg.png (1MB, 4554x7999px) Image search: [Google]
Maki Nishikino - Love Live.svg.png
1MB, 4554x7999px
>>1992716
I hate it when I make some tiny mistake and notice it only afterwards. Oh well.
Hmm, the skirt pattern looks weird getting just cut off seemingly at random. Shading it would fix that, but don't know if I'll bother right now.
>>
Something I made over the past week.
Pretty frustrating, the skirt is a clusterfuck of layering, and the wings took a while to trace.
I also feel like the artist made the mechanical boot too long.
I don't know if I'll continue (shading) with this one, the gun and arm/leg implants are too much for me.
>>
File: Utsuho Reiuji - Touhou.png (1MB, 6067x4953px) Image search: [Google]
Utsuho Reiuji - Touhou.png
1MB, 6067x4953px
>>1992750
And of course, I forgot the image.
>>
>>1992324
I used BRU and a regex (find: (.+) - (.+)
replace: \2 - \1) and it's changed most of them, I noticed a couple more that weren't correctly labelled that I knew, so I also renamed those and added the first four in the post after you.

The ones with royaljelly or foxyanthro etc are unchanged.

Figured it'd make it slightly less painful for you

https://mega.nz/#!W0cgmD5L!e2ZtMzsYl5dILwqxXZuQVkSr79P9QROZ3pAD9GvbnHU
>>
>>1992774
I was just wondering why he didn't just use a regex find/replace, glad I'm not the only one and also I'm not the one who had to break down and do it for him.
>>
>>1992717
You're the best. Thank you so much.
>>
>>1992774

Hot damn, thank you so much! This'll be a much better format for the threads from here on.

>>1992785
Thank you for considering doing it too. I thought of doing it that way, but I didn't know what the process name was called since it's not something I've done before.
>>
>>1992734
A day and a bother later.
Shading frills, especially sketch-like drawing ones, is both a pain and is hard to make look good
>>
>>1991295
1452387217925 is Abe Nana from iM@S CG

73-rmeCQe2 is probably Hayasaka Mirei from iM@S CG I can't tell from the image if she has eyepatch on right eye or no
>>
>>1992248

73 - meCQe2 looks like yuzuki_yukari

74 - DFRCFil is original
http://www.pixiv.net/member.php?id=4895039

1470947109478 is ozoi-san
>>
>>1992974
>>1992982
Thank you, but the situation has been resolved

>>1992324

If there's any in the latest archive
>>1992774
you notice have been mislabeled or other corrections, let us know!
>>
File: tougoufinal.png (44KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
tougoufinal.png
44KB, 1920x1080px
>>1991295
I know 14538687097. It's someone's cleanup of mine. Mimori Tougou from Yuuki Yuuna wa Yuusha de aru.

1464666249199 is Takeko Nogami from Girls und Panzer.
>>
We're using the Series - Character format now, right?
>>
File: 1467309093554.jpg (77KB, 591x705px) Image search: [Google]
1467309093554.jpg
77KB, 591x705px
Requesting. Preferably with text intact.
>>
>>1993182
Yep, but it won't really bother me either way until next thread.
>>
File: Laharl.svg.png (2MB, 6862x8000px) Image search: [Google]
Laharl.svg.png
2MB, 6862x8000px
Disgaea - Laharl

Alright, for some reason I've developed this habit, but I'll recap the untaken/open requests:
>>1984669 - I've said my peace, proper source >>1985603
>>1985022 - cut off on all sides, probably not happening
>>1985303 - same deal, I can barely even make out the contours of this thing
>>1985346 - pretty simple, but I don't fancy greyscale
>>1987992
>>1988788 - these two are fairly simple, might crank 'em out as a break from complex projects
>>1989007 - shame the left hand is fully cut off, I would find a fitting one to have it be complete
>>1990051 - I guess this is a stockpile if you like military girls, I prefer more sci-fi variants though
>>1990837 - Another not too complex, would take a while to do the shading though
>>1991994 - lots of fine detail, much of it shine, so if you ignore that, not as difficult as it looks
>>1993218 - another simple one, good for those practicing
what is she from? almost looks like an edit, 4chan trying to make a personification of itself?
>>
File: Pram.svg.png (2MB, 6444x8000px) Image search: [Google]
Pram.svg.png
2MB, 6444x8000px
Makai Kingdom - Pram
>>
File: Pramred.svg.png (2MB, 6444x8000px) Image search: [Google]
Pramred.svg.png
2MB, 6444x8000px
>>1993470
A different allocation of the palette
>>
File: Pramtan.svg.png (2MB, 6444x8000px) Image search: [Google]
Pramtan.svg.png
2MB, 6444x8000px
>>1993471
But I eventually settled for these colors
>>
>>1993472
thumbnail makes her pupils look like they're pointing away from each other, lol.
>>
File: yotsuba.svg.png (472KB, 6000x5223px) Image search: [Google]
yotsuba.svg.png
472KB, 6000x5223px
>>1988788
here she is.
i dont wanna do the tree shadows, i wanna do lazy stuff for a bit
cant even be bothered to type noramlly
>>
File: 0a_-_Gazer_Original[1].jpg (100KB, 761x1000px) Image search: [Google]
0a_-_Gazer_Original[1].jpg
100KB, 761x1000px
/r/ this
>>
File: Machi.Kyouko.full.2038067.jpg (942KB, 1700x3960px) Image search: [Google]
Machi.Kyouko.full.2038067.jpg
942KB, 1700x3960px
Could you possibly do this? Maybe add color to the back ground too.
>>
File: 714501.png (509KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
714501.png
509KB, 1920x1080px
>>
>>1993726
Also requesting blue and red board background version of this pic after minimalist-ization
>>
>>1992730
Dude, Nice.
>>
Do we have a booru for this?
>>
File: Laharl.jpg (221KB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
Laharl.jpg
221KB, 2560x1440px
>>1993911
There was some talk about making one in a past thread, but I don't know if anything became of that.
I was indifferent to the idea at the time since I just like making these (and it was the first time I heard of those), but now I'd be willing to assist with it however I can if someone else decides to begin the process.
Tagging all of these with everything applicable does sound a *tad* tedious though.
>>
I don't think we should tag anything other than character names, franchise and picture traits like whether it's a character image only or a full blown wallpaper.
>>
>>1993924
At >>1993920, obviously.
>>
File: Demi1.png (117KB, 1053x4410px) Image search: [Google]
Demi1.png
117KB, 1053x4410px
>>1993829
demi-chan wa kataritai - machi kyouko
>>
File: Demi1-2-01.png (191KB, 8000x4500px) Image search: [Google]
Demi1-2-01.png
191KB, 8000x4500px
>>1993829
>>
File: k-on - Tsumugi Kotobuki.png (565KB, 6000x3989px) Image search: [Google]
k-on - Tsumugi Kotobuki.png
565KB, 6000x3989px
>>1987992
Couldn't decide what looks better - no shading or some shading (still in lazy mode, so no full shading)
>>
File: Mugiphone1.png (103KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Mugiphone1.png
103KB, 1080x1920px
>>1987992
>>1994083
and the wallpaper sized versions
>>
File: Mugiphone2.png (89KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Mugiphone2.png
89KB, 1080x1920px
>>1994084
>>
>>1993870
Do you have a high resolution version of this with a transparent background?
>>
File: minimal.png (161KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
minimal.png
161KB, 1920x1080px
This is my first attempt doing shadows I dont know who she is though.
>>
>>1994190
Dagashi Kashi - Saya, I think
Don't know her family name.
>>
File: so much color bleed.png (869KB, 1605x3000px) Image search: [Google]
so much color bleed.png
869KB, 1605x3000px
>>1994190
the shading is good, but you have so much much seam transparency between almost all of the shapes. I blew this up to make it easier to see. This problem is real easy to fix while working by simply drawing the shape that goes "underneath" another just a bit further in. See: >>1989592
>>1989764
>>1989786
>>1991968
for more of that kind of stuff
>>
>>1994190
Also it'd be nice if you exported transparents at a higher resolution, maybe not as insane as me, but it's a lot easier to downscale to what is desired than upscale.

Oh Gods, I just had a terrible thought: was this done in PS or GIMP or other raster program? (no insult intended, we've just had others do it in the past)
>>
>>1994271
Thanks for the tips. And no it was done in inkscape im still trying to learn all of this stuff haha so the tips and hints do help.
>>
>>1994273
To expand on what Carionto said: A lot of newbies will do a "vector" in GIMP or Photoshop with the pen tools (don't ever do this), stroke their shapes and then delete the pen tool data and save their files thus forever losing what shitty vector data they had with nothing but a 1080p raster to show for it. It's almost painful to see happen.
>>
>>1993726
Monster Girl Encyclopedia - Gazer
btw, sorry I'm a /w/ newfag
>>
Would someone be able and willing to remake these? I wanted to make some individual wallpapers per character, I did ask the original artist, who was fine with sending me individual exports but unfortunately since lost access to the files.

(I'd also appreciate putting both Sanae's (the purple haired ones) hair back to orange as it was changed to in the illustrations https://u.nya.is/ejfygz.jpg)
>>
Frills are nice when you're wearing them, not so much when you're drawing them.
Had to fix a ton of errors for this one.
>>
>>1994039
>>1994040
You da man, thank you
>>
Is there a way in inkscape to show outline and image at the same time? ATM if i fill the shapes I'm unable too see the image underneath. View-display mode- outline hides image too.
>>
>>1994313
As far as I can find people have suggested on their forum/bug-report site to make it possible to switch each layer through the different display modes instead of just the entire project. This dates back to 2013, so I guess it's not high on their priority list. It would be nice.
>>
>>1994318
Thanks for the answer, I also found the feature request You mentioned. Just thought maybe there is a better way since this seems like a basic functionality.
>>
File: 1406536674209.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1406536674209.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
requesting this please
>>
File: Silver Spoon - Yugo and Aki.png (268KB, 5955x3600px) Image search: [Google]
Silver Spoon - Yugo and Aki.png
268KB, 5955x3600px
>>1994404
Found it in the archive
>>
>>1994406
thank you, out of curiosity, do you happen to have more silver spoon papes?
>>
>>1994407
no, sorry, only one on my comp.
you should try >>>/wsr/ for that
>>
File: 18d72bc2f472f1ef8eb7bb8b7a5da4c2.jpg (414KB, 1197x2300px) Image search: [Google]
18d72bc2f472f1ef8eb7bb8b7a5da4c2.jpg
414KB, 1197x2300px
could I please get this on a dark blue background 1920 x 1080. Id like to use it as a wallpaper. Thank you
>>
File: Mizune.svg.png (545KB, 2353x7999px) Image search: [Google]
Mizune.svg.png
545KB, 2353x7999px
Soul Eater - Mizune
>>1985346
About as minimal I can get. Would you like a colored version?
>>
>>1994560
Not OR but I wouldn't mind a colored version, and maybe one with simple 2-tone eyes to match the original art.
>>
File: Mizunecolor.svg.png (550KB, 2353x7999px) Image search: [Google]
Mizunecolor.svg.png
550KB, 2353x7999px
>>1994607
something like this?
>>
File: BRS 5.svg.png (1MB, 6666x8000px) Image search: [Google]
BRS 5.svg.png
1MB, 6666x8000px
Black Rock Shooter
>>
File: 172552.jpg (269KB, 900x675px) Image search: [Google]
172552.jpg
269KB, 900x675px
Requesting this.With burn marks of course.
>>
>>1994653
she looks real weird with eyes and no eyebrows
>>
>>1994295
Since it has to be redone anyways, I don't mind doing them from scratch. Do you have the source image/images that is based on?

I made the vector posted by >>1986537 in the past. It'll be nice to go back and see if I've improved.
>>
>>1994774
I don't think I have all of them, but this is what I can find (and unfortunately, I think most are cut off in some way)

Harumi - https://u.nya.is/npirsh.jpg
Maki - https://u.nya.is/cpecoq.jpg (though mirrored)
Clan - https://u.nya.is/gqjwjw.jpg (again)
Shizuka - https://u.nya.is/ncfsxr.jpg
Sanae-san - https://u.nya.is/dgskrp.jpg
Sanae-chan - https://u.nya.is/eohnea.png (I apologise for this one, it didn't want to stitch properly and I don't have the original, so I had to bodge it)
Koutarou - https://u.nya.is/fjnpvu.jpg

I can't for the life of me find Ruth's, Theia's, Kiriha's or Yurika's, they might be in here with the rest https://mega.nz/#F!Dg8UhAJa!clfWCVwrR7q_xVtxnOLcUw and I'm just missing them though (any other Rokujouma based images anyone feels like doing will also be gratefully received)
>>
File: Mizuneface.svg.png (558KB, 2353x7999px) Image search: [Google]
Mizuneface.svg.png
558KB, 2353x7999px
>>1994738
Yeah, now that I look at that later, she does.
Here's with the entire face, shouldn't be hard for anyone to erase the parts they don't want in paint or whatever.
>>
>>1994790
>>1994295

Have you tried asking the author for the original source images he used? It sounds like he lost his work, but he should still know where he get the imagues he used from.
>>
>>1994843
I did ask, especially about Yurika's, but unfortunately he's not replied since. I'll ask again and hopefully he'll be able to remember or link me to them, not holding out too much hope though.
>>
>>1994790
>I don't think I have all of them, but this is what I can find (and unfortunately, I think most are cut off in some way)

That's probably fine. I should be able to work around it, but it'll take me longer. I'll post them as I do them.
>>
>>1994856
Awesome, thank you anon, I'll look forward to them.
>>
>>1994867
I was hoping to finish at least one tonight, but I'm slower than I thought. I'm really out of practice.

This one still needs a lot of work (finish legs, fix some curvature, tweak color choices, etc.), but I wanted to post this just to give you a rough idea of what it'll look like.

I added in a bit more detail than the version you posted. Let me know if you'd rather me "minimize" it more or if this is good.
>>
>>1994953
Awesome, nice start anon, I quite like that level of detail too
>>
Hey, as this thread is coming to a close, I have some suggestions for the next.

Specifically additions/ changes to the OP. Mainly stuff from >>1984670
like request bumping/seconding, not using renders and perhaps refraining from highly cut off ones.
Adding the additional tutorials.
Adding "requests and sharing" to the title or have that be in the first lines. I saw one anon request a minimalism on the vector thread since they weren't sure if it's okay here.
Include the archived link pastebin. Who knows, might be helpful. Certsinly can't hurt.

Now this next is gonna require effort.
*inhale* We should try to make a booru or some type of gallery or a list of collections of the minimalisms to link to from the start instead of having a delay with the archive. Also, I have a feeling most people miss that post or don't want to download the entire archive just to see if their request isn't already there.

So, your guys' thoughts? Other suggestions?
>>
>>1994981
I think a booru with a minimum of like 3 tags (Series, character(s) and Transparency/Background) would work fairly well. I wonder if you could have it take the first tags off the filenames from the archive too, that'd minimise the work to get it started
>>
>>1994981
>>1994987
A simple series & character tag booru would be great, I think. I wouldn't even bother with a transparency tag, just only upload transparent pngs and it's not an issue; if people want a flat background (like all of the backgrounds that are posted here) they can do it themselves.
>>
File: Ryota Kise.png (776KB, 1523x2199px) Image search: [Google]
Ryota Kise.png
776KB, 1523x2199px
Requesting mai husbando
>>
Anon can you ?
>>
>>1994981
go to xbooru then click the "make your own booru" link...
>>
>>
>>1995046
Didn't really want to, but I had a "fuck it, I'm bored right now" moment, so this exists now:

http://min.booru.org/

mass upload doesn't work, so I haven't added much. I'm going in alphabetical order from the archive, it's getting late, so i'll just copy-pasta the booru config that I set up

Thumbnail size:
– only affects new posts but you can request the update of old ones too.
Max upload width:
Max upload height:
Min upload width:
Min upload height:
Registration allowed: yes
Admin's e-mail:
[email protected]
Anon report: yes
Anon edit: yes
Anon comment: yes
Anon vote: yes
Anon can upload: yes
Max age (in minutes) of post to allow editing:

even made a new email for it, So whenever anyone has some free time and feels like slogging through this process go ahead.

Oh yeah, since I don't really know what I'm doing your input on this would be great guys
>>
not to promote this too hard or anything but i found a pretty nifty minimalist wallpaper creation site: http://minimedit.com

what I really love about it is : everything is done with svg's ~

>>1995069
Interesting site but i'd have to pass because I would prefer to create wallpapers myself from the svg's on MinimEdit
>>
>>1995136
Quick let's play a game, it's "how many of those images came from this thread"
>>
>>1995136
Good for you, the booru is a gallery for all the transparent png's from this thread as an online equivalent to the archive >>1992774 (most recent update) so ppl don't have to download it all to see what's been done before. Not exactly the same thing.

Your site is a nifty idea, but depends on ppl uploading those svg projects, which I won't bother with (the size limit means I'd have to go in all of them and delete the source image (not happening, too much effort)

>"how many of those images came from this thread"
I looked through - surprisingly few actually. So props for that.
>>
>>1995045
>>1995047
I'll put that first Renko in my backlog, but that second one is cut off too much to be a good minimal image.
>>
>>1995153
How about this one Linked because I scared of size limit.
https://yande.re/post/show/313235
>>
>>1994259
Endou
>>
>>1995069
Started uploading a bunch that I did, although a few were already there.

I'll add the rest of mine tonight when I bother to check on some names of characters.
>>
>>1994953
I've possibly got more of the originals, Saxonkeel got back to me.

Ruth - https://u.nya.is/ogdwsj.jpg but seemingly with a beam sabre added in.
Theia - https://u.nya.is/xjrvgf.png
Kiriha - https://u.nya.is/tlpawb.png but with arm on the left edited to be raised

I'm still not sure of Yurika because according to him
>For Yurika, theia, and kiriha, I believe I used the concept arts for the anime. As for ruth, I think I used the character sketches you find at the earlier chapters. The ones that also looks like concept arts.

But I can't find a picture of Yurika dual wielding like that.
>>
>>1994953
>>1995789
Whoops, here's a version of Ruth's with actual colour - https://u.nya.is/wfamto.png
>>
File: 534_20150710200347672.jpg (586KB, 2250x1800px) Image search: [Google]
534_20150710200347672.jpg
586KB, 2250x1800px
Requesting
If possible make a wallpaper out of it too with flat blue-star ish color
Thanks!
>>
>>1995789
>>1995792
Thanks, that's a huge help!

Sorry I've been a bit slow. I've been busy with school and then my mouse broke.

I'm "done" with harumi/alaia. There's a lot of problems still, but I've been tweaking with it for ages and it just gets worse. I'm going to go back to this at some point, but I'll move on to someone else for now.
>>
>>1995885
I like what you've done so far, I'm happy to wait 'till you're done, though it is nice to see the progress, and I'll let you know if I find what Yurika is based off.
>>
File: Misaka Mikoto.png (2MB, 4850x8000px) Image search: [Google]
Misaka Mikoto.png
2MB, 4850x8000px
>>1990837
Toary Majutsu no Index - Misaka Mikoto

I'll do Asuka a bit later.
>>
File: Asuka.png (2MB, 3730x7999px) Image search: [Google]
Asuka.png
2MB, 3730x7999px
>>1990837
Neon Genesis Evangelion - Asuka Langley

>>1995961
misspelled Toaru
>>
>>1996318

NEW THREAD
>>
>>1993261
>where is she from?
Yui from Yuru Yuri. Yes it's an edit.
Thread posts: 321
Thread images: 170

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.