[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

My RetroUSB AVS came in today. I'm happy.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 7

File: retrousb avs smb.jpg (108KB, 1027x770px) Image search: [Google]
retrousb avs smb.jpg
108KB, 1027x770px
My RetroUSB AVS came in today. I'm happy.
>>
Piracy is illegal.
>>
Cool, congrats anon
>>
>>4257186
you stupid kid.

you dont know shit.
>>
>>4257186
But it's not piracy. It uses actual carts, doesn't it?
>>
what are scanlines like
>>
Wow, $185 and it can't even get the color of the sky right.
>>
File: ISureHopeYouTurtlesDontDoThis.jpg (9KB, 299x293px) Image search: [Google]
ISureHopeYouTurtlesDontDoThis.jpg
9KB, 299x293px
>>4257329
>he doesn't know about CRT differences
>>
>>4257329
Firebrandx fuck off
>>
I don't get it.

Hard core enthusiasts would buy an original NES and a CRT, casuals wouldn't (normally) whip out $185 just to play SMB on their LCD when there's fake NES Classics that can be bought for under $50, and the thing doesn't even have Zapper support on either LCD or CRT sets.

Just why?
>>
>>4257369
I assume it's for people who own a lot of carts and want to use them, but dont have or want a CRT.
>>
>>4257369
It's cheaper than an HDMI mod or an RGB mod, and natively outputs upscaled 720p
FC without the annoying adapter, FDS and FM support as well
Integrated cheats
Pretty damn accurate, with options to alter the experience like increased sprites, scanlines for non-CRT displays
High scores, if you care about that

It's a midgrade NES for people who want lots of bells and whistles without the hassle of using authentic equipment. It's a small market, but it's a boutique item anyway.
>>
>>4257610
OP here, this post is *exactly* why I bought it. I do own an original and a good number of carts, and I was going to do the HDMI mod to it, but for $10 more, I just got this instead.

I've had the cheap POS clones, they they are horrible. This one is absolutely solid as a rock though.
>>
What's the literal point of playing a game that was designed in 240p in a 720p resolution? it is impossible that it looks better unless you apply some filter
>>
>>4257429
lmao i could only image
>gee well i got a collection of carts that take up an entire wall but my wife says my crt is taking up too much room, what am i gonna do?
>>
>>4257925
>but my wife
Is /vr/ seriously full of faggots that are married? despite being a slow board I see a lot of "well I was talking with my wife" and lots of similar wife comments here more than in other boards.
>>
>>4257935
Most of us are married and have sons of a certain complexion, dont worry about it
>>
>>4257942
It just feels weird that I am alone being a single faggot, unlike in the other boards.
>>
File: PCiXTSM.jpg (53KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
PCiXTSM.jpg
53KB, 600x800px
>>4257945
You'll get there one day, anon.
>>
>>4257181
Wow this is pretty sharp.
>>
>>4257354
>using a CRT for the AVS
You do realize it only supports HDMI and you'd need a convertor to play it on a CRT, right? Besides, if you really want to use a CRT with RGB NES signals then you could just as well RGB mod your original console or get a Analogue Mini. Never used the latter so not sure how it works exactly with CRTs but I read it supports analogue signals so it should theoretically work.
>>
File: member berries.jpg (24KB, 423x377px) Image search: [Google]
member berries.jpg
24KB, 423x377px
>>4257935
/vr/'s age, just by the very nature of the board, is more advanced than most of the other boards.

I'm 45, have been married to the same woman since 1994, have two sons (yes that are mine), one born 1998, the second born 1999.

I like this board because it brings back great memories.
>>
>>4257948
that guy looks completely dead on the inside. poor guy
>>
File: PM2 (SS).jpg (42KB, 299x300px) Image search: [Google]
PM2 (SS).jpg
42KB, 299x300px
>>4257935
I'm 42, have had the same Sega Saturn since 1995, have many daughters (yes that are mine--the gods gave them to me directly), and have married some of them.
>>
File: BetterLuckNextTimeBatsy.jpg (16KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
BetterLuckNextTimeBatsy.jpg
16KB, 480x360px
>>4257992
>he keeps digging
>he doesn't know that the NES doesn't output the same color on two different CRTs, so therefore there's no correct color for the sky in Mario Bros, and therefore his original statement was stupid
> he doesn't know that the Retro AVS can load different pallets to simulate different CRTs
>>
>>4257186
What are you gonna do, call the police?
>>
>>4258084
What about Mario Maker?
>>
>>4257945
I'm alone too buddy. You're not the only loser here
>>
>>4257181
Good stuff anon.

I've got an NT Mini on pre-order and Analogue just posted an update that they are shipping first week of October. I'm really looking forward to getting my hands on it.
>>
>>4258713
They said they'd go by the order of who ordered first. I'm interested in how long it'll take them to ship em all out.
Out of interest, care to tell me what around what number your order is? I'm ~3700 and ordered on first of June.
>>
>>4258816
I'm just after 4000. I expect that they'll be receiving enough to cover all pre-orders.
>>
OP here, I was 35671, and I ordered it back in February
>>
>>4257948
This picture is beyond pathetic. The 21st century, ladies and gentlemen.
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.