[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The absolute best retro fighter. Lots of great characters, costumes,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

File: sixteenninegoodness.png (455KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
sixteenninegoodness.png
455KB, 1920x1080px
The absolute best retro fighter. Lots of great characters, costumes, game modes, moves and secrets. Tekken 3 was in every PSX owner's collection for a reason
>>
>>4256162
It's one of the greatest games ever made. Even today you can still pickup Tekken 3 and have a blast. I really enjoyed Tekken 2 as well.
>>
File: Virtua_Fighter_Anime_Round_Two.jpg (67KB, 354x520px) Image search: [Google]
Virtua_Fighter_Anime_Round_Two.jpg
67KB, 354x520px
You mean 3D fighters or fighters in general?
For 3D fighters, I prefer VF2.
>>
>>4257114
Agree completely. Tekken made zero impact on me but Tekken 2 was in the arcade and was a real console seller then Tekken 3 is still pretty damn amazing for a PS1 game
>>
but how about that amazing soundtrack

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=yVhVYmFADRQ
>>
>>4257127
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CUhTDpZW-rE
>>
>>4257147
yep, also heard it in an ace combat game
badass riff, but kind of wasted on that east17 song
>>
>>4257121
In the 5th Gen I only owned PS1 and would have loved to have played VF2. When I had VF3 on Dreamcast, I enjoyed the hell out of it.
>>
>>4256162
>The absolute best retro fighter
I was ignoring the thread thinking it was another SFII thread.
>>
>>4256162

CHICKENNN
>>
>Lots of great characters, costumes, game modes, moves and secrets.
And that's what better games like Tobal and Virtua Fighter 2 lacked. Those games weren't as flashy as Tekken 3.
>>
>>4256162
*gulp*
CHICKEN
>>
File: thps2.jpg (95KB, 953x953px) Image search: [Google]
thps2.jpg
95KB, 953x953px
>mfw I bought both Tekken 3 and THPS2 because of their 9.9 ratings on Gamespot
>>
>>4256162
I never played it until I rented Tekken 5, but then I didn't really play anything outside of licensed games until the PS2 era.
>>
>>4256162
3 had the best atmosphere, the best music, the best costumes, the best cut scenes, the most comfy move sets, a good roster that excelled by excluding shit characters like Ganryu.

It's by far my favorite Tekken game. 2 and 4 are good too but the ones after that really lost the cool factor by adding too much trash and letting go of the original inspirations and incorporating all kinds of lame shit and lame characters. No Tekken game will ever be good because the series is now riddled with shitty characters, I never liked juggling and it's only gotten worse and stupidity like floor chunks breaking off into the air in completely unrealistic fashion is in every fucking game now. I hate that floating dirt and asphalt chunk shit so much. Why does everything have to degrade into shit over time?
>>
>>4258078
>the most comfy move sets
What did he mean by dis
>>
>>4257147
Who the fuck is this boy band? Why have I never heard this before and why is it so bad?
>>
>>4258079
Tekken changes move sets of established characters considerably from one iteration to the next. They don't just add new stuff, they also take stuff away.
>>
>>4259406
This is why 3 is the only one I'll ever play
>>
>>4257396
>>4257314
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hnopcdqkCGE
BOSKONIVITCH
>>
>>4259406
But how does that make it a "comfy move list"?
What even is a comfy move list
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.