[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The flamthrower is such a shitty weapon. They trick you with

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

File: contra-iii-the-alien-wars-11.png (12KB, 256x224px) Image search: [Google]
contra-iii-the-alien-wars-11.png
12KB, 256x224px
The flamthrower is such a shitty weapon. They trick you with how epic it is to wield. But it's weak and slow as fuck. The flamethrower should be just incinerating everything in its path IMO. Funny thing is I believe all the plebs here its their favorite cannon ahahahha
>>
Is there any Contra game where all the weapons are actually balanced? Some are always stellar while some are shit and some are in the middle.

Maybe it's a little vanilla but spreadshot is usually my favorite.
>>
>>4254812
The flamethrower works great for me since it does pass through some objects to damage them. I tend to pair it with a high damage weapon like the L or C, sometimes H for homing laziness. While it is low damage, I find the F weapon very versatile and cary it through from that stage through the end.
>>
>>4254812
The flamethrower is good for taking out mobs of smaller enemies. You need to use the shoulder button to properly use it.

Ultimately though, Contra 3 is all about weapon-swapping double crash missiles for max damage.
>>
>>4254841
stop posting your assorted collections butthead it's making me jealous
>>
>>4254841
>can we be friends?

Not with all that weebshit we can.
>>
>>4254821
Contra 4 is pretty good with it
>>
>>4255220
Weebshit? It's all Contra games and Gunstar Heroes, plus Pocky and Rocky which is dope.
>>
File: e0035580_4b724a63f19eb.jpg (50KB, 600x516px) Image search: [Google]
e0035580_4b724a63f19eb.jpg
50KB, 600x516px
It's fun, which is all that matters when you're good at playing the game, which you obviously aren't.
>>
C's are all you need in Contra 3.
>>
the flamethrower is nice on that one stage 3 midboss since it goes through its body and destroys its missiles

that is my contribution to this thread
>>
>>4254812
>>4254841
Flamethrower is more of a "tactical" weapon due to its ability to pass through objects.

There are several bosses in Stage 3 that are trashed by the flamethrower, even by new players if they can retain it.
>>
The flame thrower and laser were the real good for the overhead levels. I still think a well placed C is best, but the flamethrower has its uses. It is probably best on the last level on hard mode when youre just getting swarmed by aliens at the beginning - you just hold down fire when moving forward and when jumping to get past the part with relative ease.
>>
>>4259346

Did it actually manage to make it playable? At this point I'm willing to try anything to play JP-only games
>>
We are talking about Contra 3 Alien Wars on the SNES, right? It has a US version, so it isn't JP-only.
>>
>>4259369
I meant to quote this guy>>4259364
>>
>>4254821
The unbalanced weapons are a good feature. Losing a life stings so much more when you lose the undeniable best weapon and will have to settle for something worse for a while.
>>
>>4255220
You'd best not be talking shit about Kiki Kaikai. It's every bit as good as Contra is.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.