[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Gex

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: Gex.jpg (66KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
Gex.jpg
66KB, 1024x768px
Why don't we have a Gex remake yet?
>>
While the athmosphere of gex is crazy good, the gameplay was very clunky. Good but, remaking it would be hard
>>
Do we really need a Gex remake? He's the 90's equivalent of Gearbox and updating him with memes would be a bad idea.
>>
I want to fuck Gex
>>
>>4254485
Gex with memes!?!?!

Peanut butter and jelly my man
>>
>>4254485
>updating him with memes
I mean he pretty much just spewed cheesy pop culture references in the 90's. I don't think memes would be that much of a change.
>>
>>4254478
Don't worry it will. Nothing gets to die anymore.
>>
>>4254485
Gex with memes!?!?!

Im g(ay)ex!
>>
>>4254591
tpbp
>>
>>4254478

You couldn't put Gex in a world full of classic movie tropes- which is why the original is so good.

But, you could put Gex in a world full of anime. Give him worlds for all the big anime-mangas like Naruto, One piece, and Bleach. Throw in some ponies, powerpuff, and comicbook superheros for good measure.
>>
let's start a kickstarter and get millions and deliver complete shit.

but seriously, the main reason is that the IP went from crystal dynamics, to eidos, to square enix.

Square enix don't do thinking, they do stupid.

They don't make a hd remake of chrono trigger that would cost 10 thousand dollars to make and would generate millions. Then after that a 3d remake. They do that with final fantasy over and over, because it's the only IP that they remember that they own.

A remake of gex could cost little and sell ok... I mean, I would buy it, mostly because I had a 3do in my teens.
>>
>>4254853

One of the 3d Gex games had an anime type level
>>
>>4254485
http://gex.wikia.com/wiki/List_of_quotes_in_Gex:_Enter_the_Gecko

Gex WAS memes. He was essentially an earlier, cooler, Chad version of pepe.
>>
>>4255230
>"Grabbing a ledge with tongue" list

Good lord, how did they publish this with an E rating.
>>
>>4255242
Kids weren't so easily triggered way back before you were born.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.