[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

if this thing came out back during the heyday people would have

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

File: retrogen.jpg (79KB, 500x489px) Image search: [Google]
retrogen.jpg
79KB, 500x489px
if this thing came out back during the heyday people would have threw their wallets to buy one. But now? What even is the point? For people who have one, is it just the novelty?
>>
Well, for one it lets you play genny games with the superior SNES controller.
>>
File: 1484266644505.gif (438KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
1484266644505.gif
438KB, 300x300px
>>4252849
>superior SNES controller
>superior
Anon pls...
>>
there is no point when your dad is electronics
>>
File: rb-rdp-0179_console.jpg (198KB, 1800x1800px) Image search: [Google]
rb-rdp-0179_console.jpg
198KB, 1800x1800px
If you have one of these things, you could use it like a Sega Nomad. Or if you're really pressed for space in front of your TV, I guess?

Or make a RetroGen-Game Genie-Sonic 3-Sonic and Knuckles tower, then use it to bludgeon people and take their wallets.
>>
I expect people would have paid about half as much as a real Genesis cost, maybe a little more i.e. about how much they sell for now relatively speaking.
>>
>>4253420
PSP is better.
>>
>>4252847
You must have different definitions of heyday and people than I do. I can't think of any time in my life I would have picked a shitty half assed gimmick clone over the real thing.
>>
>>4252847
The fact that it uses it's own video cable is a dealbreaker for me. It should plug into the video out of the snes and then you can use the snes video cable for both snes/gen games. I'd like to see one for the tg16.
>>
>>4253521
Yeah. Basically it's a Genesis-in-a-cart with power and controls provided by the SNES. Useless whatever the time period.
>>
It's there for novelty sake and the fact that it can be done. It's a niche product for a niche market. Live and let die anon.
>>
I guess if for some reason you don't own a Genesis/Megadrive you can save some space and money. It is a little silly but it saves you from having to buy new controllers and power adapter if you just want to play on an existing setup. It is a little goofy that it requires its own video cables, but whatever. It works.

https://youtu.be/T_TZRBmTloY
>>
>>4252847
>Has its own a/v out
Its just using the snes for power.
>>
File: LCD_gaming.jpg (599KB, 2592x1944px) Image search: [Google]
LCD_gaming.jpg
599KB, 2592x1944px
>>4252847
I think it was originally designed for their earlier consoles which had just a NES and SNES port. I guess now it is a space saver or as >>4253420 mentioned, use with those new portable SNES clones to play Genesis game cartridges.

>>4253521
I'm kind of upset the RetroGen adapters are still available for sale while their Super Retro Advance one which allows GBA to be played through a SNES is sold out on amazon. Even cooler, the Super Retro Advance does not need to use its own AV cable if plugged into the RetroBit console and just output through that directly. I will second the TG16 notion though.

>>4252849
Some Genesis games feel good with the SNES controllers. I have plugged these SNES-shaped Genesis controllers into an Atari 2600 clone system too, and they work so well for those games.
>>
>>4253420
Real talk:

Are these Retro Duo Portable 2.0s worth the roughly 100 leaf currencies they want for one on Amazon as a portable console? I have a bunch of Genesis game that I could use with it.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.