[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Driver was a good game.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 1

File: HEY MAN WATCH THE PAINT.jpg (165KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
HEY MAN WATCH THE PAINT.jpg
165KB, 1280x960px
Driver was a good game.
>>
I liked it. Tutorial at the time was hyped up to be some kind of insanely hard thing but it's not that bad. Game is kind of short though.
>>
never got past the tutorial as a kid.
>>
>>4252718
I remember not being able to do one of the last maneuvers so I never got to play the story.
There was a free driving mode where you could ride around the city I think so I did get to see some of the game.

I remember it looking a lot better on my Geforce 2 GTS though.
>>
>>4252718
I never really did the story mode but the free drive mode was fun, especially with cheats
>>
Now that I think about it instead of driver trying to outdo GTA it should have stayed its own thing and just be an openworld driving game with no gunplay. People really like forza horizon today for instance. Maybe if they stuck to that it would still be solid brand today.
>>
HEY MAN WATCH THE PAINT

but seriously, the PC version was better because you could put in cheats to unlock story mode and all the cars and skip that shitty car park intro
>>
>>4252738
Driver: San Francisco was OK. Seems like the series is over now though.
>>
This was the packin game when i moved up from the snes. Blew my mind it did
>>
Loved the game; Played it to death. Once I lasted 45mins in survival mode, I actually found a glitch, where the police cars could never get to me.

Could have lasted forever but I was too curious to see what would happen if I'd come out after all this time... it was such police cars mayhem that cars were literaly flying around. This game could have some crazy and hilarious glitches.
>>
Never liked 1 or 2
But I liked 3 and 4
>>
WHERE ARE WE GOING SON?
>>
Game had great AI

Somehow i always had super epic chases that i would then make movies out of

The police car timing, speed, and overall ai was spot on for epic moments
>>
I remember when driver 2 was the proto 3d gta and everyone was crazy about it over that, even though there was literally nothing to do on foot
>>
>>4253001
nice drivin' son

I played a lot of this game but never could finished that level
>>
>>4252718
I have never played driver because i can't get past the first level and have not found a way to skip it.
>>
>>4252718

The difficulty of the tutorial was overrated. It taught you maneuvers that you needed to use in the actual game.
>>
>>4253069
You have to be extremely lucky
like me
>>
>>4253058
>there was literally nothing to do on foot
Jumping off the car was pretty amusing by it self.
>>
>>4252718
Couldn't get past the first stage, I'm not gangsta enough I guess.
>>
I really enjoyed the replay function with all those cinematic shots.
>>
As much BS as it was, I felt the final level in the first game was easier than the final level in the 2nd game. Sure, you had to drive all the fucking way across jam packed roads while in a limo and under constant attack, but at least you weren't attempting to stop another car(made out of rubber apparently) on a 2-lane mountain top road with an instant death pit on one side.

One of these days I need to go back and replay them. I tried picking up Driver 3 and walked away in disgust after 4 minutes. It's just not the same.
>>
is there a way to fix the draw distance issues for the PC version? I wanna replay this but that shit was brutal even back then.
>>
>>4252728
same
>>
>>4252718

It was, but that tutorial was some bullshit. Dean Takahashi wouldn't be able to get anything crossed off from that list in 26 minutes.
>>
>>4252718
Fucking tutorial, i never get trough until my 20.
>>
Driver was a good game.
>>
One of my first games on PS. I don't know how in the fuck i managed to understand everything I had to do to cross things off the list since the game was in English and I knew zero English at that time. Farthest I remember reaching in this game was the mission where you have to chase that EL train through the city and it's raining.
>>
>people having this much trouble with the tutorial
>>
I gave up when the mission to damage a car comes up. If you get too far behind, you lose. If the other car gets to its destination, you lose.

The only way to win is to damage it so badly it can't move, EXCEPT it appears the car is actually made of dark matter because every time you ram into the thing it doesn't even shudder, but YOU, no YOU go fucking flying like you just rammed a tank.

Is this fucking mission even possible to beat? I should mention this car is not only extremely tough it also moves like greased lighting. It's like it has a set path and you cannot move it from its predetermined path no matter fucking hard you try,
>>
>>4255880
I completed the whole game so yes.
>>
Tutorial was a grade A casual filter. I feel for those who were unable to pass it; you missed out on a great game. As many pointed out though, at least you could make your own car chase videos(HOURS of fun there).

>>4255880
You can move it from its path, and one technique I used all the time got the damage meter to rise faster than a virgin on /h/.
The trick is to nudge it so it's scraping on guardrails/storefronts/whatever the fuck is next to it. Get a good stretch of that, and you'll see significant damage done in a short period of time. That gives you added benefit when you can force them to head on into a building or highway billboard post or even another car for even more damage.

Basically, let the scenery do the work, not your car(though there will be times you HAVE to knock the other car around with your own).
>>
>>4255880
Ok, take that situation, now put yourself on a narrow two lane road. On one side is a mountain, which acts as a wall. On the other side is a massive pit that will kill you if you get too CLOSE to it.

That's the last level of the second game.
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.