[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Golden Axe

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 6

File: golden-axe-box-art.jpg (83KB, 650x460px) Image search: [Google]
golden-axe-box-art.jpg
83KB, 650x460px
I don't get the hype
>>
>>4251448
It's a fun co-op game.
>>
fun fantasy themed beat em up for when you had friends over, what's so hard to understand.

Most technical beat em up ? no but that's not important when you're chilling with your friends and drinking Kool-Aid Bursts and eating pringles in June as you're about to start the third grade.
>>
By yourself it's meh at best.
>>
>>4251465
To be honest there's about a dozen other beat em ups at least that fill that same role that aren't even close to being acclaimed/acknowledged
>>
Alien Storm was a much better game imo.
>>
>>4251448

I can think of three reasons why people like it: Tyris Flare's tits and ass.
>>
>Golden Axe
>People may use other weapons
>>
I didn't get the hype for streets of rage (now I get it).
Golden axe 1 and 2 are great hack and slashes with multiplayer and good graphics and the magics are always fun. I mean, I grew up with beat em ups and hack and slashes.
My dream is to get a TMNT arcade and a simpsons one.
>>
>>4251448
That's because you don't appreciate a good beat em up or a hate bikini clad chick you can play as.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FBB1nSFxrCk
>>
>>4251448

The second one is the best
>>
>>4251487
I love Golden Axe (mostly because I'm a /tg/fag) but I have to agree with this. Alien Storm has much better controls.
>>
>>4251448
That was my very first mega drive game. God i HATED it. I got the choice to pick one game from out of four. This was the only arcade style game, so i picked golden axe.

So when i came home from the arcade, from playing stuff like magic sword and knights of the round i was greeted with this notorously flatulent stinker once i switched my shiny new MD on. God, i hated this game so much.
>>
>>4251448
You seem to not get the concept of hype either
>>
>>4251731
And neither do you
>>
>>4251582
"now im a dregon, riding a dregon, that shoots other dregons!"
>>
>>4251448
golden axe the duel on saturn is good. About the rest, well, D&D is a theme that easily appeals
>>
>>4251757
*gasps, undone*
>>
File: golden-axe-c64-big (1).jpg (347KB, 1024x1308px) Image search: [Google]
golden-axe-c64-big (1).jpg
347KB, 1024x1308px
Best Golden Axe art coming through!
Sorry Vallejo, Dermot has you beat on this one.
>>
File: Gaxe Back Cover.jpg (212KB, 800x1041px) Image search: [Google]
Gaxe Back Cover.jpg
212KB, 800x1041px
>>4251846
And here is the seldom seen but very charming back cover art.
>>
>>4251848
Why is Ax Battler 13
>>
>>4251486
Most are shit or generic, faggot. Golden Axe was one of the first and was medieval.
>>
>>4251848
>barefoot Tyris
>teen Ax Battler
>fur booted dorf with a hood
Did the artist even play the game?
>>
>>4251448
Much like Altered Beast, it's the theme and art direction that still make it stand out. Add in the good tunes + fun co-op and you have an all around decent game.
>>
>>4251924
There is a good chance that all he was given were some screenshots.
>>
>>4251920
>Most are shit or generic, faggot.
The entire capcom catalogue dicks golen axe rawdog into the ground and the only good golden axe was the arcade exclusive return of death adder, golden axe is clunky and ridiculously easy in fact the easiest arcade game i ever 1 cced.

>>4251726
>knights of the round
Now this is a top tier beatemup (maybe my fave ever), yeah golden axe isn't even in the same stratosphere compared to that.
>>
File: IMG_1033.png (19KB, 320x224px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1033.png
19KB, 320x224px
>>4251448
What hype? This is an almost 30 year old arcade game. It's the first ever midevil hack and slash game, and ran on what was then one of the most powerful arcade pcb's. Also, what hype? SEGA spent about zero dollars at the time "hyping" it. It was extremely popular in its on merits.

Are you fucking retarded? Of course you don't "get the hype". Do you get the hype of the Ford Model-T? Did Muddy Water's new record blow your mind?
>>
What is the definitive version?
>>
>>4251492
That's four reasons, anon.
>>
>>4251529
The Golden Axe is the magical emblem that you must save along with the King and his daughter from Death Adder.

Filthy casuals...
>>
>>4251465
>you're about to start the third grade.
Suddenly the appeal of beat em ups makes complete sense
>>
>>4252074
Return of Death=Adder
>>
Most fun I had with this game was making enemies throw themselves off a cliff
>>
File: literallyme.jpg (81KB, 1017x805px) Image search: [Google]
literallyme.jpg
81KB, 1017x805px
>>4251448
Just look at that dude's package. Whats not to like?
>>
>>4251924
>barefoot Tyris
>fur booted dorf with a hood
They are around a campfire, maybe they are getting comfy for sleeping

>teen Ax Battler
Uhh, he deflated his anchor arms
>>
>>4252068
People still talk about how it's a great, playable game today, comparable to Streets of Rage
>>
>>4252893
It is though
It hits a sweet spot where the controls aren't too busy, whilst providing enogh variety for nuance and the difficulty spikes just in the right moments.
>>
>>4252893
The first streets of rage is shit tho
>>
>>4252074
Arcade
>>
>>4253353
The Genesis/Megadrive version looks nearly identical though. Is there any functional difference moving from the Arcade to Genesis? Or just a slight scale-back in terms of graphics?
>>
>>4253385
More enemies.
>>
>>4252297
>I can't enjoy beat em' ups, because i'm such a cool and mature guy, these kid of games aren't mature and serious enough for a guy like me
>>
>>4253390
To be fair, these games are really meant to be played co-op. Playing belt scrollers single player is one of the most miserable experiences even if you 1cc.
>>
>>4253350
I was more referring to 2 and 3.
>>
File: 9e89c30eaeeba621dc29c9104e10f54c.jpg (324KB, 800x1270px) Image search: [Google]
9e89c30eaeeba621dc29c9104e10f54c.jpg
324KB, 800x1270px
I like how all the enemy characters in Golden Axe all have alcohol-themed names. Says a lot about the developers.
>>
The only thing I didn't like about it as a kid is you'd get knocked off your mount with one hit, which pissed me off since I really liked getting on top of one
>>
>>4253431
Hmm. So the sprites are officially dwarfs? That's very interesting in itself.
>>
>>4253350

It's better than 2 though.
>>
>>4252297

I didn't like beat em ups as a kid. I only got into them a few years ago.
>>
Revenge of Deathe Adder is where the fuck it's at

>>4251487

Game is shit.
Thread posts: 51
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.