[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is this a good deal ?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: saturn.jpg (306KB, 1596x1062px) Image search: [Google]
saturn.jpg
306KB, 1596x1062px
Hello, I do not usually browse this board
I'm thinking about getting a Saturn, because I never owned it at the time or knew anyone that had the system.
Not looking forward to collect, I mainly want to play burned CDs and experience all the gems

Anyway, I saw this ad for 200$ CDN, is it too expensive? And if not, should I get the jap model or gray one ? thx
>>
kys
>>
>>4251249
ok. anyone else ?
>>
>>4251248
If I had the money I probably would get the V-Saturn. Those controllers are rare.
I already have a Saturn though.
>>
>>4251248
Why not emulate? Seems like a lot of money just to test the waters. If you're dead set though, get the gray one
>>
If you don't own a saturn it's a pretty good bet. They are both Japanese models, the only difference being that the V Saturn was made by JVC-Victor, and besides the name and look is pretty much the same as the standard Japanese Saturn. $200 was about the same price as these both cost when they came out in Japan (¥20,000) so it's alright, but I'd go for it if I were you.
>>
>>4251273
I dont normally say this but in the case of the Saturn emulation is just not good enough. On modern hardware. If you can muster up an old PC with XP and install SSF on it then by all means go for it but personally I have had nothing but headaches dealing with the modern retroarch cores
>>
>>4251286
I agree. It just seems like a big jump to try it out
>>
>>4251287
fucking go for it. $200 for all that is still a great deal
>>
>>4251248
buy one and get that cartridge to unlock burned cds
a bit expensive though
>>
>>4251354
Not OP but it says that the Saturn comes with the mod cart.
>>
pretty shitty deal desu, you can get a complete working saturn for ~60 (USD) and an Action Replay to flash for another $30 or so
>>
>>4251376
He's clearly a normalfag, what did you expect?
>>
>>4251248
$200? I got two working saturns, a phantom universal, AND an AR for $125. This is what happens when you let /v/ and /r/eddit watch retro game videos. The bubble will never pop
>>
>>4251260
>Those controllers are rare.

They made something like half million V-Saturns....
>>
the white saturn and the v saturn are collectibles. if you just want a saturn go for the normal one. you would be paying more for a rare saturn.
by the way, vr is getting stupider everyday, it's scary (not you, OP, the other answers).
>>
>>4251248
>mod cart
>burn games for $5/each
I wouldn't by anything from a dingus like that no matter the price.
>>
>>4251248
You can buy a Saturn for like $50 and there's a wide range of ways to play games on CD-R.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.