[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Best retro dinosaur games?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 6

File: TRESPASSER.jpg (107KB, 666x666px) Image search: [Google]
TRESPASSER.jpg
107KB, 666x666px
>>
>>4250064
E.V.O Search for Eden
>>
Dino Crisis
>>
File: 51985-Dino_Crisis_2_(E)-1.jpg (49KB, 504x500px) Image search: [Google]
51985-Dino_Crisis_2_(E)-1.jpg
49KB, 504x500px
>>4250068
They made a Dino crisis 1?
>>
>>4250064
These plus that one Dino Crisis light gun shooter.
>>
The T-Rex in Tomb Raider was pretty great the first time you experience it.
>>
File: 1497305792550.png (55KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
1497305792550.png
55KB, 500x281px
>>4250760
>huge t-rex
>run to the cave
>start shooting its foot
>fucking raptors were in that cave
>>
File: mayan1.jpg (46KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
mayan1.jpg
46KB, 640x480px
>>4250064
Already got the best one in that pic, OP.

Not even trolling, Trespasser is one of the best FPSes I've ever played. Just the fact that you had to manually aim your weapons and they were physical objects that interacted with the scenery put it on a whole new level. Such a shame no one ever attempted studd like that again.

You could also try Gunman Chronicles, the first levels have dinos in them.
>>
>>4250860
I loved Trespasser as well, it could have used a bit more polish, and that fucking Stretch Armstrong grab animation was hilarious, but I really loved that game and it's a shame to see it get shit on so much. I haven't really look at it in awhile, has anyone been working on a fan patch or something?
>>
can W10 run trasspasser?
>>
File: 1460357487671.png (2MB, 1024x1368px) Image search: [Google]
1460357487671.png
2MB, 1024x1368px
>>
>>4250860

>you had to manually aim your weapons and they were physical objects that interacted with the scenery

What does that mean?
>>
>>4252497
Nice on making it it transparent. Most people wouldn't do all that for dinosaurs.
>>
Joe & Mac (series)
>>
>>4252598

You control your character's arm and hand through various mouse and keyboard combinations. The game uses a physics engine for all the objects and weapons you can interact with.
>>
>>4252598
I'm the anon you were replying to. It's basically what >>4252784 said, plus the fact that, unlike every other fps, you could feel when your guns were touching walls or other parts of the scenery. Like, they were actually there, and weren't just props glued to the hud. You could do cool shit like crouch next to a dead dino, put the gun to its head until they were touching and execute it in style. You really should try it just to fully get what we're talking about
>>
>>4251027
Indeed, it pisses me off to no end that most people treat it as a joke. I played it for the first time around 2008 or something, so there was no nostalgia involved and it was already an old game by then, and still had a blast. I couldn't believe such an obscure game had been so ahead of its time. Imagine my disappointment when I started reading about other people's opinion and everyone said it was shit.
>>
>>4253885
It was just another sad case of a publisher forcing out a game that they didn't want to find anymore. It could have been one of the most revolutionary games in history if it had only been given the time and proper finding to be completed. I played it a few years back as well and I was still impressed by it. A relic of the bygone days when games were still trying to push what you could do with the medium In a market that is a market that is now saturated with Hollywood knocks off disguising themselves, poorly at that, games
>>
>>4253989
>>4253885
i got trespasser sometime around release (im guessing '99), but i was too young to properly play it and hence never got very far. but i always like good dinosaur games (i loved the original turok), so i guess i should dig up the cd or get a new copy (pirating would be justified, i already paid for it)? i always wanted to go back and try it again tbqh, the little i played of it is kind of burned into my memory
>>
smw
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.