[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Was it really that bad?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

File: XCom_Apoc.jpg (75KB, 351x455px) Image search: [Google]
XCom_Apoc.jpg
75KB, 351x455px
Was it really that bad?
>>
>>4249652
Nope, it's a really good game, difficult to master, with a GREAT atmosphere.

Better than the latest X-COM
>>
It's ugly as fuck and the realtime component was mistake.

Other than that it's ok.
>>
>>4249652
It's the definition of being overambitious but time, budget and technology just wasn't there yet. I'd love to see a good remake of it with all of the shit it was supposed to have but got cut for the above three reasons implemented.

But as it is, it isn't a bad game. Just a disappointing one.
>>
>>4249913
Here's hoping for OpenApoc to be done so we can mod the shit out of it, just like OpenXCom
>>
>>4249652
The graphics were really that bad.
The map design is often boring too. (ugly wide open spaces in some maps, a thousand tiny rooms to check for aliens in other maps)
Aside from that the game is mostly awesome.

When I first started playing that game I dropped it several times because of the ugliness. I think on my third or fourth time I got through that and noticed how good the game itself is.
>>
>>4249695
>>4249913
>>4249952

I bought it at the time but never really got into it. I was too retarded and Dutch to understand everything. That being said I think it's a great game if you manage to get into it.
>>
Once you get those power drills (melee weapons) or the recharging devastator cannons go turnbased and tunnel through the walls with those weapons. Have your squad hide inside the walls and watch your motion detector.

Jump out, kill everyone.

fun
>>
>>4249652
My favorite of the retro UFO/XCom games actually.
>>
>>4249926
alpha 0.1 soon
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QxdOvvrxBk4
>>
Also, if you want to open a bakery, there are some nice examples of birthday cakes in the game's ufopedia.
>>
>>4249695
Stuff like brainsuckers and poppers are unnecessarily hard on turn-based mode.
Also lacking the ability to fire both weapons at once.
>>
At least it's not THIS bad
>>
File: X-COM_-_Enforcer_Coverart.png (211KB, 256x379px) Image search: [Google]
X-COM_-_Enforcer_Coverart.png
211KB, 256x379px
>>4250474
it's definitely not the worst, at least it still has the "x-com"y base management and research
sure it has mediocre flight sim and useless/godlike ai pilots, but the dynamic battle music is an interesting concept
>>
>>4250474
well duh
>>
>>4250364
Another update.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LoDboL0Ya9I
>>
Highly underrated game. Earth being attacked by formless blobs in fluorescent colors, flying around in cupcakes was far more original than the previous two games.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.