[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Yep, that's a hamburger alright.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 10

File: cheroob.png (84KB, 480x132px) Image search: [Google]
cheroob.png
84KB, 480x132px
Yep, that's a hamburger alright.
>>
File: jellydonuts.jpg (33KB, 500x454px) Image search: [Google]
jellydonuts.jpg
33KB, 500x454px
Hamburger? I could have sworn that was a donut.
>>
File: EAT[1].png (1KB, 144x107px) Image search: [Google]
EAT[1].png
1KB, 144x107px
>>4248238
Probably a rice ball, like in Alex Kidd in Maracle World, the jap version he eats a rice ball but in the western versions it's a hamburger.
>>
Why does the west hate rice balls so much?
>>
JELLY-FILLED HAMBURGERS
>>
>>4248369

no shit, sherlock
>>
>>4248380
Oh yeah I forgot this website is full of fagboy weebs who would have recognised exactly what it was right away.
>>
>>4248376
holy fuck that sounds amazing
>>
File: based Vic.png (26KB, 1169x272px) Image search: [Google]
based Vic.png
26KB, 1169x272px
>>4248238
>>4248247
>>4248369
purist weebs btfo
>>
>>4248403
I have absolutely no idea what this is all about.
>>
>>4248407
he's talking about the localisation of Alundra. in the translation, he turned some random character into a stoner. obviously no one noticed it at the time, but in retrospect, weebs have become very butthurt about being "cheated" off the "authentic" experience when they first played it.
>>
File: tumblr_mb4yimpsXI1qdmh38.jpg (66KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mb4yimpsXI1qdmh38.jpg
66KB, 500x281px
>>4248402
>>
>>4248419
DUDE LMAO
>>
>>4248402
You can buy frozen donut burgers at Walmart. They have cheese and bacon jam on them. I bought a 2 pack one night and I think it may have been the most unhealthy thing I've ever eaten. The other one is still in my fridge it was that awful. I can't even imagine who's buying enough of these things that they remain a stocked item.
>>
>>4248419
hahaha he ain't lying tho
>>
>>4248374
Localization companies don't want to explain Japanese culture and cuisine.
>>
That ain't fukken shish kabob either
>>
Did you know that the game was known as WanWan Panic in Japan?
>>
>>4248491
Holy shit, this sounds revolting. I guess marketing it to late night drunks and stoners makes sense.
>>
>>4250332
It literally gave me "the -itus" like thanksgiving or four plates of chinese buffet would. I feel like if someone ate like a half dozen of them at once they literally might die.
>>
>>4248491
Fucking nasty, as if I'm unhealthy enough.
>>
>>4248238
Yup. And the shish kabob is totally not dango.

>>4248374
Because someone you know hates them and that means everyone does? Obviously they're not quite the staple of burgerland that burgers are but lots of people in the west like them.
>>
>>4250176
What's there to explain? It's a fucking rice ball. A ball made of rice.
>>
>>4251909
They're clearly triangles, though, not balls.
>>
>>4251919
But what's the worst that could happen? Is anyone actually going to stop playing/watching/whatever because they saw a rice ball or some other aspect of a foreign culture that they didn't know about? At best you'd learn something new. I mean I had no idea what the black square was supposed to be until recently but that never killed me before.
>>
I want some hotdogs 'zas
>>
>>4251925
Well a kid might think balls are supposed to be triangular and get their geometric skills all fucked up.

But in reality it's just trivial bullshit associated with localizing things, probably having to do with a few really obtuse lines in some contracts or guidelines the general public doesn't get to see. It's not just Japanese things it happens to, although since most non-English video games are in Japanese it stands out more. When you look at movies, for example, the French translated the title of the Disney movie 'Bolt' into 'Volt', even though it alters literally no aspect of the film. Similarly, the movie 'Moana' is known as 'Vaiana' in Europe.
>>
>>4251943
Sometimes I think Europe changes things just to be contrary. Japanese food on the other hand has a long history of Vic Ireland tier "westernization". In Sailor Moon, okonomiyaki got translated into pizza and now in DB:S they actually eat pizza - although it does look kinda funny.

>>4251867
I was a pretty big sinophile back in the day and none of my friends ever ate rice balls even though we were aware of them from dubbed anime. Admittedly, I avoid second-wave /jp/ tier weebs but you can't even buy glutenous rice in my city, I have to go to a bigger one with Asian groceries. I couldn't even buy sesame oil here until last year.

>>4251721
I mean, it seems like the kind of thing you'd have a cup of coffee but it's a burger! WTF! There's a review on the site saying he eats them along with hungry man battered chicken and cheese fries meals to lose weight. This is the world we live in.
>>
>>4248238
>americucks
>>
>>4252095
I bet if you were big into Mexican food it would have also not lead to you eating Japanese rice balls. Those type typically aren't made with sticky rice either.
>>
File: tumblr_n2p2guOFdX1qeablwo1_500.gif (663KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_n2p2guOFdX1qeablwo1_500.gif
663KB, 500x375px
>>4248491
>>
>>4248402
what about putting peanut butter on burgers? no other topping.
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.