[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Wario Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 5

File: wario-disgusted-by-wl3.png (160KB, 568x546px) Image search: [Google]
wario-disgusted-by-wl3.png
160KB, 568x546px
WL3 a shit edition.
>>
>>4240748
What's wrong with Wario Land 3?
>>
why you gotta be like that, man?
>>
VB wario land is the best, just admit it.
>>
Man I really liked it. Bummed to hear it's not your thing.
>>
All Wario games are great and I love you
>>
Wario Land 4 > Wario Land > Wario Land 3 > Wario Land 2
Come at me
>>
>>4241049
I'd love to play it, but Nintendo is too lazy to put in on the 3DS virtual console, and there isn't a Virtual Boy emulator with a user-friendly interface for me.
>>
>>4241107
Just get an actual Virtual Boy
>>
>>4241136
Yeah I don't need to drop hundreds of dollars just to play one game.
>>
>>4241107
Nintendo is super reluctant to do anything that might reduce the after market value of their old games. Reason? A sizable portion of their assets are actually kept in the form of pristine conditioned unopened games, consoles, and accessories. They hoarded roughly 2~10% of all games (and etc) they've produced for each of their consoles and for all regions (excluding the Wii and onward), all kept inside of unassuming crates stored in unassuming warehouses.
>>
>>4241170
I've seen these nintendo vault rumors flying around all the time though. Where is the proofs?
>>
>>4241107
Wasn't someone working on a VB emulator for 3DS?
>>
>>4241191
Perhaps, but there's a massive difference between "working on" and "finished."
>>
>>4241194
Sadly it seems to be neither, a dead project.
>>
>>4241179
I thought I was just making shit up but now I'm curious.
>>
>>4241179
There are no proofs because none of it actually makes sense. For 40 years videogames were not worth shit (in a grand scale) after the next generation started. Paying to store thousands of games and consoles in crates for decades means that almost no matter what the whole ordeal will put you in the red cost wise. And back at the start almost no one was going to bet that there would any collectibility to them. Maybe -MAYBE- they have a few copies of each game still sealed for archival purposes. It's pretty unlikely when they could have just kept the original docs which would cost less than a tenth as much to store for 40 years. But some sort of treasure filled vault it ain't.

Fun fact: 1% of 1,000,000 is 10,000. The original NES/Famicom sold 61 million world wide so their vault would have 610,000 systems and 40,000 copies of Super Mario Bros 1. Even taking into account the different box dimensions of various models and combo sets you'd still be talking about a handful square miles of boxes just for that generation of consoles and games.
>>
>>4241393
Bro they just put shit underground, you'd never see it and they told everyone it's toxic waste so others will avoid it.

I mean it seems insane and unprofitable but look at the Wii and the Switch, it's pretty much a 50/50 chance to work out for them at this point.
>>
File: (you).gif (21KB, 450x406px) Image search: [Google]
(you).gif
21KB, 450x406px
>>4240748
>WL3 a shit edition.
>WL3 a shit
>WL3
>shit

>I have no taste
>>
I recently played it for the first time, and it was in fact the last WL game I needed to play. It's good and I believe I see the appeal where others would love it, but the simple fact is of the four it's the one I enjoyed the least. It'll take years for my batteries to recharge & want to play this one again.
>>
>>4241049
One problem with that game is that no one has a Virtual Boy, and without the 3D effect the foreground and background tend to blend together a lot.
>>
>>4240748
Nice bait
>>
>>4241393
Where did this even start though? I'm not saying his story was 100% correct, saving 10% of all games is ludicrous even for the the nes like you mentioned, or fuck the early cabinets. But Nintendo still has their hanafuda masters from 100 years ago. I don't think it's unreasonable for them to save their sources or prototypes, or even one or two copies of a finished first party. But I agree the evidence against it is even as recent as nintendo taking roms off the net and using them as VC titles.
>>
>>4240792
Was cashing in on the collectathon craze at the time, and if you're not a fan of backtracking the same level 4 times, plus having to relearn almost all your old abilities, you're not gonna have a very fun time. It is the worst Wario game, by far.
>>
God Tier:
VBWL

High Tier:
WL1

Mid Tier:
WL4

Low Tier:
WL2

Shit Tier:
WL3
>>
>>4242509
>WL1 above any WL
I...just can't fathom anyone thinking like this without being a severe case of special snowflake, borderline retarded or literally retarded.
Remove yourself and never, ever post anything on the internet related to this series of games. I'd tell you to consider suicide, but I can't. I can only pity someone as retarded at you.
Wario Land games are all great except 1, and I don't mind any ranking except the one that puts 1 above literally any other game in the series (that includes "Shake It!"). I should know better, yet here I am being mad because of how much of a mongoloid you are. Jesus Christ. I can't describe how stupid you are when it comes to these series of games, it's impossible. So many languages, so many possibilities, yet everything I am saying here is as generic as it gets, because that's what it is in comparison to what I feel. I repeat, remove yourself.
>>
>>4242543
Also, forgot to mention
>thinking 3 is shit, 2 is low and 4 is mid
Either bait, or literally the worst taste when it comes to these games in existence. I know your rankings point to the fact that you like the gameplay from WL1 and VBWL (the game that had the gameplay of WL1 except done much better and with better level design), but it doesn't matter as it doesn't change the fact that you're a fucking retard.
>>
>>4241053
This guy gets it
>>
>>4241403
You'd still have to dig a hole and pay for the land above it. And Japan is an island plagued by earthquakes, you can't go very deep.

>>4242135
It's a fun rumor. People wonder why Nintendo always fucks up by not having enough supply for store shelves, and why the values of their old games are on average higher than anyone else. The idea of there being a treasure vault filled with videogames is an exciting story to imagine. People got excited enough by a similar rumor to try and dig Atari 2600 cartridges out of a garbage dump in a desert. As far as where it all began? Probably some kid who said his dad works at Nintendo.
>>
File: 1492805551.jpg (27KB, 220x215px) Image search: [Google]
1492805551.jpg
27KB, 220x215px
>>4242543
>calling someone else retarded when he can't even see the brilliance of WL1
>>
>>4242239
It could have been the best though if it just did some things better.

- Fix the pacing being all over the place.
- Allow for the player to get most if not all the keys in each level right away.
- Wario has all of his abilities right from the start.
- Better minigame since the golf one sucks.
- Give an incentive to collect coins besides just to spend it on that awful minigame.
- Maybe give us the option for multiple endings and paths like WL2.

WL3 has imo even better gameplay (when you can finally enjoy all the abilities and levels that is), the best music in the series and it even has a decent story and final boss. Becuase of its negatives though I rank WL2 as the best one.
>>
>>4242650
You see, this is a well-articulated opinion I can respect, even tough my preference is different. Most often all people spout is "lol 3 sucks it just does".
>>
File: 1492805587.png (43KB, 180x149px) Image search: [Google]
1492805587.png
43KB, 180x149px
We can all agree hardhat Wario is best Wario, right?
>>
>>4242664
I loved 3. For me it just does have a lot of flaws that prevents it from being the best one. If they ever made a new WL game I'd want them to be following what they attempted with 3. I like 4 also but it was a bit disappointing to see them not fully realize what they were going for with 3. All WL games are good.
>>
>>4242650
let me add another one
- Save Music coin collection progress rather than forcing you to collect all 8 in one go.
>>
>>4242669
Pretty good but I like jet wario better
>>
>>4242669
>not American Wario
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NOqbWvuTGfM
>>
>>4242727
Jet is op in 1, he can break levels by just flying over them.
>>
>>4241049
It's so short though
>>
WAH
>>
>>4241393
They still offered to repair SNES consoles ~2006
>>
File: tumblr_n2uohr5HJi1rrftcdo1_500.png (751KB, 500x708px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_n2uohr5HJi1rrftcdo1_500.png
751KB, 500x708px
is Wario World retro yet?
>>
Wario Land 4 was way too short.
>>
>>4248989
World and VB are even shorter.

though desu, there's nothing wrong with short arcade-y games, compared to games with intentional padding like wl3, now that sucks
>>
>>4249006
What was criminal about World was they still charged the full $50 price for a game that was only 8 goddamn levels. That should have been a $20 title.
Thread posts: 45
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.