[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What did Atari mean by this?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 4

File: lynxeddotcom.png (543KB, 625x469px) Image search: [Google]
lynxeddotcom.png
543KB, 625x469px
What did Atari mean by this?
>>
Haha I get the reference. I like this /v/ meme!~
>>
>>4240142
Looks like the switch before the switch.
>>
>>4240142
how can gamebois even compete?
>>
>>4240142
Underrated
>>
> what is tate
>>
>>4240192
For one it's cheaper. For two...Nintendo fanboys loved the Game Boy, couldn't even look at the Game Gear, let alone the Atari Lynx. For three, it had more games.

Either way, I don't see why the Game Boy lasted as long as it did, when there was better handhelds(Game Gear, Atari Lynx). Color beats puke green in my book.
>>
Seeing that image made me think how cool a pinball game would be on there and sure enough there's a pinball game, but it's played horizontally! Fucking why.
>>
>>4240142
I want to fuck a gameboy >>4240148
now thanks op
>>
>>4240915
That difference in battery tho, no point in having a color screen if it's dead most of the time and AA batteries were even pricier then.
>>
>>4240971
>AA batteries are even pricier
That's what rechargeable batteries are for., also I spotted a pack of batteries(I think 20 or maybe 40, I can't remember) that were selling for $5 at Family Dollar. Which isn't bad.
>>
>>4240163
I'm sure the battery life between the two is comparable.
>>
The WonderSwan ripped off this feature.
>>
>>4241126
Not back in the early 90's you didn't. The Gamegear did have it's own rechargeable battery packs though, but they made the thing even bigger and heavier, and I've seen estimates for their life ranging from 1-2 hours up to 6-8 from more dubious sources that I frankly don't believe (it would be nice though).
>>
>>4240919
Probably because they would want to use opposite sets of a and b as flipper buttons but they were wired the same so you couldn't actually use both a buttons for different presses. And using left A and right B 2ould be weird.
>>
File: 250px-Tetris_Boxshot.jpg (36KB, 250x252px) Image search: [Google]
250px-Tetris_Boxshot.jpg
36KB, 250x252px
>>4240915
And tetris, the gameboy came bundled with tetris which was a system seller for a lot of people.

Only god knows how many gameboys only ran the tetris cartridge for their entire life.
>>
>>4240915
>I don't see why the Game Boy lasted as long as it did
Simple : good games, longer battery life, and nice dimensions.
Game Gear was a failure, and had very few good games.
It's the games who make the success of a console.
>>
they holdin they dicks you idoits
>>
Some GB Revisionist history in this thread.

>>4240971
The Game Boy used 4 AA's sure they lasted a while but that's a lot, then again most electronics for kids used a lot.
>>4241126
Normal people didn't use rechargable batteries in the 80s/early 90s.
>>4240915
Boy didn't have the huge life that it had, the Game Boy died for a while and was barely revived by the Play it Loud series, it wasn't until the Super Game Boy that Nintendo invested again on the GB, it was a mild success in reviving the GB for a bit but the whole Super Game Boy compatibilty didn't hit it big like Nintendo wanted.

It wasn't until the GB Pocket that we started to see a revival with lots of new games, they even included a sticker that said "new release" or something, to differentiate from the older games. They flooded with different colors and it worked for a while, then things started to slow and they came up with the GBColor.

When the GBC came out so did Pokemon Blue which is what revived the GB line and brought it back, the GBC was a mild success but it was Pokemon that made the GB relevant again in the late 90s or it would've been remembered as a device that slowly died in the 90s struggling to survive through revisions that temporarily worked.
>>
>>4241126
>That's what rechargeable batteries are for.
>90s rechargeables
Enjoy your 300mAh nicad and 10 minutes of game time.

>I spotted a pack of batteries(I think 20 or maybe 40, I can't remember) that were selling for $5 at Family Dollar. Which isn't bad.
Those are zinc carbon batteries, not alkaline. Runtime would similar to the above, assuming the current draw on a GG or Lynx didn't kill them instantly.
>>
>>4244674
There's flaws to the Game Boy...
1) Bad screen, usually had to toggle with the contrast control.
2) It's not back-lit.
3) Puke green screen.
>>
>>4245861
>implying the baby was birthed in the 90's
>>
>>4240915
>couldn't even look at the Game Gear
That's because the Game Gear screen was shit, anon.
>>
>>4247426
Game Gear screen was far superior.
>>
File: Brick_game.jpg (50KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
Brick_game.jpg
50KB, 1024x1024px
>>4244638
>Only god knows how many gameboys only ran the tetris cartridge for their entire life.

So there where like a more expensive version of this?
>>
>>4240915
Pricetag and battery life.
Solved that mystery for you.
The hardware was just good enough that's all that was needed.
>>
>>4247639
With music though nibban't.
>>
>>4248568
In other words, Nintendrones are poorfags. Got it.
>>
I wonder if you could hold the switch like this
>>
>>4249491

The Namco Museum for Switch lets you TATE every game, it looks beautiful
>>
File: trevdur.png (56KB, 134x151px) Image search: [Google]
trevdur.png
56KB, 134x151px
>>4240915
>he's actually answering

for crying out loud, man.
>>
>>4240142

SIDETALKIN'
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.