[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can we have a thread about Bomberman? I never see this series

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

File: tumblr_kzpfts9pvv1qzp9weo1_500.jpg (137KB, 456x524px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_kzpfts9pvv1qzp9weo1_500.jpg
137KB, 456x524px
Can we have a thread about Bomberman? I never see this series mentioned on /vr/, aside from the same anon occasionally mentioning Saturn Bomberman.

The portables are by far my favorite games in this series. The Japanese versions even came in collectible tins. For reference:

JAP title -> ENG title
>Bomber Boy - Atomic Punk (Dynablaster in EUR)
>Bomberman GB - Wario Blast
>Bomberman GB2 - Bomberman GB
>Bomberman GB3 - (unreleased in ENG, aside from a fan translation)
>Pocket Bomberman - Pocket Bomberman
>Bomberman Quest - Bomberman Quest
>Bomberman Max (three versions)
>Bomber King: Scenario 2 - Blaster Master Boy / Jr. (spin-off)

The Japanese version of Pocket Bomberman included a level editor, presumably as a computer application on a floppy disk. The editor interfaced with the GB KISS hardware that was built into the game cartridge, and user-created levels could be transferred to friends' cartridges. Of course, this was disabled in the English version since GB KISS never made it overseas.
>>
>>4237978
bomberman is so comfy
>>
I've only played Pocket Bomberman and I can't stand it because the buttons are backwards and they can't be switched.
>>
Bomberman is awesome

PAL version of Saturn Bomberman a shit.
>>
File: sm64 vs baku.jpg (832KB, 1284x1764px) Image search: [Google]
sm64 vs baku.jpg
832KB, 1284x1764px
What, I see Bomberman threads frequently on /vr/. Anyway, since we're sharing useless interesting trivia, the cover of Baku Bomberman parallels the one of Super Mario 64, down to the characters' asses being burned.
>>
File: 1351915300129.gif (405KB, 499x360px) Image search: [Google]
1351915300129.gif
405KB, 499x360px
My favorite is neo bomberman for neo geo
I used to 1cc it, it was great
>>
A couple years ago I played a SNES emulator on my PS2 and would play Bomberman 5 for hours with 4 other friends

Amazed it never ended in a fistfight
>>
>>4238737
Yeah super bomberman 5 is nice
Is there an english patch for it? I hate the moonrunes
>>
>>4237978
I played it for the Famicom quite often when I was a preteen, but I wasn't really able to LOVE it. I just don't give a fuck about puzzleshit in general, but for puzzleshit, it was certainly good
>>
Bomberman Tournament / Story is an underrated comfy game.
>>
File: 41522804_p0.jpg (492KB, 700x870px) Image search: [Google]
41522804_p0.jpg
492KB, 700x870px
>>4239650
NOT RETRO but I agree.
>>
I only recently noticed, but Bomberman games have something to the effect of a Konami code. If you input 5656 as your password in many games, you'll get to play an unlocked you vs.CPU mode, or some other hidden game mode.
>>
Bomberman Quest is actually a pretty good Link's Awakening-style action game.
>>
>>4237978
I remember the GB one with the whip was extremely long. Fun though.

Super 2 and 64 were good, and the MP for both were great too.

Mega Bomberman on Genesis had good MP, but I don't remember the SP at all.
>>
>>4237978

My favorite series. Comfy as fuck. Can pick it up and play anytime.

My favorite is '93 for the TG16. I don't care for the animal mechanics in later games (too Super Mario World for my tastes). Bomberman II for NES isn't bad, but lacks bosses.
>>
I've always been into the 3D adventure games more, I like the classic 2D games but they're all a bit too similar for me to care much about the differences.

Not retro but I'm gonna recommend Bomberman 2 on the DS to everyone in the thread. It's the only one of the topdown 2D games in the series that I've ever been able to get REALLY into and I never see it mentioned. Which is a shame, because it felt like the first game in a long while to do something new with the classic formula.
>>
>>4242254
>I like the classic 2D games but they're all a bit too similar for me to care much about the differences.
They're about as different as one Mario sequel to another. i.e. There's the occasional bit of innovation, like Pocket Bomberman being a side-view platformer, Bomberman Quest being a Zelda clone, and the eventual introduction of Rooi or the charaboms to the series. So they're not totally identical.
>>
I wish Hudson had tried to experiment with the idea of a roguelike Bomberman. Stages are already pseudo-randomized in Bomberman games, but imagine stages as proper dungeons, and elements like statistically randomized equipment drops.
>>
>>4242371
Oh yeah, I love Pocket Bomberman. By classic 2D I meant the ones like the Super games, Saturn, etc. I wasn't saying all 2D Bombermans are alike. I just meant the ones that stick to the classic formula of topdown grids where you clear one room of enemies at a time. The non-spinoff mainseries ones I guess.

I would certainly say theres a bigger difference between, say, Mario 3 and World than between Super Bomberman 3 and 4.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.