[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

PS1 MEMORY CARD TO PS3

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

File: PSX-Memory-Card.jpg (64KB, 500x378px) Image search: [Google]
PSX-Memory-Card.jpg
64KB, 500x378px
/vr/ I need your help.

I've been playing Parasite Eve on PSX and am 7 hours into it. I just bought it onsale from PSN and would much rather play it wirelessly on my PS3.

How do I copy my PS1 save to PS3?

I have FREEMCBOOT on my PS2, I already transferred the ps1 card to a usb key that way, but it still doesn't show up on ps3.
>>
>>4237778
Not possible.
>>
https://www.amazon.com/PS3-Memory-Card-Adaptor/dp/B000K1GZIU/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1504555661&sr=8-2&keywords=ps3+memory+card
>>
>>4237779
Lies, there is a adapter for the PS3 to copy PSX memory cards to the hard drive.
>>
File: file structure.png (37KB, 1326x346px) Image search: [Google]
file structure.png
37KB, 1326x346px
>>4237778
This is the file structure I have on the usb key as per recommendation of some guy on youtube.
>>
>>4237789
Better tell us about your psychologist and you problems anon.
>>
>>4237778
>I have FREEMCBOOT on my PS2

If I'm not mistaken, uLaunch ELF (included with Free McBoot) should give you an interface to access and copy files from your PS1 memory card. Copy the save files to an external device, such as a USB Flash drive. Then look online for any software that can convert that file to whatever format is used by the PS3.
>>
>>4237793
hahaha whoops. chrome has this bug where it selects the photo NEXT to the photo I want. I wonder whats wrong with my computer. Anyway thanks for not doxing me :)
>>
>>4237795
I did the first half of this suggestion.

Check this post:
>>4237792
>>
>>4237778
HALP
>>
>>4237801
>>4237792
>I already did this

But where are you stuck? Are you having trouble identifying which save is which? The filenames correspond to the game code that's found on the disc. For instance, Parasite Eve's saves should be the BASLUS-00662 files.

To get the code for a game, either look to see if it's printed on the outside of the disc, or pop the disc into your computer and open it. There should be a plain file with the name "BASLUS-00662" or something similar.
>>
>>4237778
Not sure if you can actually go from PS1 to PS3 easily.

You can go from PS3 to PS1 easily.
>>
File: 317-Qb4UlqL.jpg (12KB, 500x396px) Image search: [Google]
317-Qb4UlqL.jpg
12KB, 500x396px
>>4237778
ITT: Stupid kids

Sony made an official adapter to do this already.

God I'm glad school is back in session.
>>
>>4240136
And that pathetic little adapter costs between $50 and $100 today.
I'll be surprised if there's no easy way to do it by having the save file on a USB drive, as OP does.

Did OP try these steps?
>.PSV is the format that is supported by the PS3's virtual memory card system for PS1 and PS2 games(if you were lucky to own a backwards compatible unit). Gamefaqs zips the file for easy consumption, however, the use of flash drives is required to transfer the file from the PC to the PS3. On the flash drive, you will need to create a "PS3" folder, followed by an "EXPORT" folder, and finally a "PSV" folder to put the .PSVs that you unzipped.
The question is what format the saves are in. They may need to be converted to this PSV format the PS3 expects.
>>
>>4240136
>IET:
FTFY
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.