[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How is Super Famicom Wars?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

It has been nearly ten years since the last Advance Wars game, and I want a new game to scratch that itch, and I heard of Super Famicom Wars which game out in 1998 for the Super Famicom.

I know the game likes a story or plot, but how is the gameplay? I heard that the game is more difficult than any of the Advance Wars games.

How is it that in 2017 this game still does not have a translation patch despite being from a Nintendo franchise that has a dedicated following and little text that needa to be translated?
>>
>>4236165
Stop using that horrible 2xsal filter.
>>
It never had an official cartridge release. Super Famicom Wars started out via Satellaview brodcast but then was only available through Nintendo Power cartridge-writing stations in Japan.
>>
>>4236171
I got the screenshot from Google Images.

I have yet to play it which is why I am even asking about it.
>>
Why not play it and find out.
>>
>>4236194
Because I do not want to pirate it.
>>
>>4236217

It's not pirating if it is literally impossible to buy the product legitimately.

If Nintendo wants to whine about piracy, they cannot make it impossible for you to get it without piracy. Fact.
>>
>>4236217

then fuck off and don't play it
>>
>>4236217
This is not the time or place to be a pretentious moralfaggot about piracy.
>>
>>4236217
I'm sorry to inform you of this but you're an ultimate retard.
>>
File: 1477557365347.jpg (193KB, 619x597px) Image search: [Google]
1477557365347.jpg
193KB, 619x597px
>>4236165
>filters
>>
>>4236217
Ignore these other idiots, I respect your decision.
>>
>>4236217
It's Wii, Wii U, and New 3DS Japanese virtual consoles
>>
>>4236165
Both famicom wars and super famicom wars are good but they don't have the depths of the advance wars series.

There is no translation patch because if you've played advance wars, it's not really needed, and also because you haven't made it either.

There is an english rom of famicom wars around though.
>>
>>4236165
I enjoy it. The GBA games are arguably better overall though. It's not as balanced as some others in the series, but it's still fun. It has some features/units that weren't brought back again until the DS games. Just a fun strategy game in general.
>>
There's an upcoming indie game called WarGroove that is basically Advance Wars with a fantasy makeover. You might like that OP.
>>
>>4236173
>Super Famicom Wars started out via Satellaview brodcast but then was only available through Nintendo Power cartridge-writing stations in Japan.
Where did people get this idea? AFAIK, it was never broadcast on Satellaview.

You're probably thinking of BS Fire Emblem.
>>
>>4236165
I can't stand the Famicom/Super Famicom games mainly because the pace of the game is glacial. Everything moves so slow and as far as I'm aware there is no way to skip animations and increase the speed of the game like Advance Wars on GBA. The map design isn't very streamlined either (as you can see from the Legacy maps included in later games of the series) which leads to very drawn out fights. There's also no Campaign mode, so you're pretty much just playing VS maps against AI opponents as a self-challenge until you get bored.

Tactically, the game is alright but feels a bit more transparently "rock-paper-scissors" with units than the gba.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.