[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Retropie help

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

File: mushihimesama futari on rpi3.jpg (200KB, 1327x876px) Image search: [Google]
mushihimesama futari on rpi3.jpg
200KB, 1327x876px
I thought about adding a game to my Retropie library and I normally don't have any trouble with this, but this one has me stumped.
I'm trying to play a MAME arcade game and none of the emulators seem to work for it on Rpi3. I can try to start it but it immediately backs out into the previous menu. Anybody know what Retropie emulator I need to play this?

Link to the file: https://www.emuparadise.me/M.A.M.E._-_Multiple_Arcade_Machine_Emulator_ROMs/Mushihime-Sama_Futari_Black_Label_-_Another_Ver_(2009--11--27_INTERNATIONAL_BL)/177683
>>
>>4235334
That game is not retro

Also no way a rpi is ever gonna run that game
Game is too powerful for a rpi
>>
>>4235334
Try downloading the game file from a different website
>>
>>4235339
I did. Emuparadise, Romhustler, Gametronik, edgeeum, they all have the same files.
>>
I could still use some help. Been looking but no progress yet.
>>
>>4235478
>>>/g/
>>>/somewhereelse/
>>
>>4235492

>>62235725

Why did you even post.
>>
File: Capture.jpg (53KB, 1034x287px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.jpg
53KB, 1034x287px
>>4235492
Forgot to add picture.
>>
>>4235520
Why did I refer out to /g/? It's not retro senpai
>>
>>4235540

Because Retropie. The game doesn't matter, we've had plenty of threads on retropie and overall I still need help trying to find out why this won't work.

I normally don't ask for help cause I know every user here doesn't like to help, but there's really nowhere else to turn.
>>
>>4235549
The game in question isn't retro

Get hardware more suited to emulate arcade games if you insist on doing that -- pretty sure you can also play this game on Xbox 360
>>
>>4235570
>The game in question isn't retro
Your point being?

>Get hardware more suited to emulate arcade games if you insist on doing that
Yeah, that's what I did for my NES, SNES, Genesis, PS1 and MAME games by buying a Raspberry Pi 3. Are you going to say PS1 isn't retro as well? Cause even if it isn't I can emulate and play PS1 games on it.

>pretty sure you can also play this game on Xbox 360
If I had an Xbox360 I wouldn't be here

Anyway, still looking for helpful answers.
>>
>>4235334
>literally running x86 game on arm processor
>cannot figure out why it won't play
derp
>>
>>4235334
Don't even bother. The driver for the newer Cave games is somewhat ropey and seemingly deliberately neglected because the games were so new and are still being ported to other systems.
You need a fast PC to be able to run Futari properly. Raspberry Pis have zero chance of hitting full frame rate. If you're going to buy into this meme shit, stick with emulating games before 1990 on it.
>>
>>4235614
Mushihimesama is on steam
>>
>>4235796
It can run some systems pretty good after 1990.
Hell I'm playing Burnout Legends on it right now
>>
>>4235334
um you're actually linking to roms? pirate
>>
RetroPie uses Mame4All which is Mame v0.37b5. so try searching for that version on Google
>>
>>4237594
*that version of the rom
>>
>>4235819
futari isn't
>>
https://github.com/retropie/retropie-setup/wiki/MAME
>>
as long as we're doing troubleshooting for retards, is it possible to get a usb mouse and keyboard recognized by MAME or Retroarch on Wii? doesn't seem to acknowledge them by default.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.