[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Fuck you I liked it.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

File: Banjo-Tooie_Coverart.png (161KB, 320x223px) Image search: [Google]
Banjo-Tooie_Coverart.png
161KB, 320x223px
Fuck you I liked it.
>>
fuck you that's a good preference.
>>
It's good, just not as good as the first one.
>>
Fuck you, it's fine.

Just not nearly as good as the first.
>>
>>4235325
worst Rare platformer

yes, even DK64 is better
>>
File: expand_dong_3.jpg (299KB, 500x345px) Image search: [Google]
expand_dong_3.jpg
299KB, 500x345px
Fuck you I liked it.
>>
>>4235414
>>4235430
>>4235452
>imblyings Tooie isn't superior to Kazooie
>not appreciating levels being interconnected
>not appreciating needing to get new moves and re-visit levels
>not appreciating xboxhueg worlds
the absolute state of /vr/
>>
>>4235470
>>not appreciating needing to get new moves and re-visit levels
Exactly. That's called backtracking and I don't appreciate that because it serves no purpose other than to pad out the game.
>>
>>4235467
never knew this was disliked before internet forums
>>
I remember one jiggy piece in BK that required backtracking, the second race in the snow level, where you needed the fast running shoes which you learned in Gobi's desert.

I don't get all the autistic screeching over backtracking. I thought it made it more interesting.
>>
>>4235325
it's better than the first one in every way possible. A literal sequel that uplifts the series.
>>
>>4235870
One instance is (barely) forgivable.
An entire game designed around the practice isn't.
>>
>>4235470

some of us prefer FPS that goes above 12

also the collectibles were rather redundant and not fun at all to gather

>xboxhueg worlds

yay, now I have to travel twice as much to achieve the same goal
>>
File: donkey-kong-64.jpg (239KB, 1000x500px) Image search: [Google]
donkey-kong-64.jpg
239KB, 1000x500px
Multiple people IRL have told me they do not like DK64 citing that it is a 'collect' a-thon game but I enjoy that aspect a lot.

I didn't have too much to do when it first came out, so grinding away and doing as much as possible was worth it to me.

Retrospectively, if one just wants a quick and easy game like LoZ(LTTP+), it can be perceived as dull but I liked it.

>>4235467
I only see people online with contrarian contempt for it, it is good.
>>
Banjo Too was an example of a sequel doing everything a sequel should be. The only problem was that some parts of the giant levels felt a bit too barren.
>>
>>4235961
The amount of goals & collectables between the two games is roughly the same, but between B-T's huge worlds and backtracking, a B-T playthough will take twice as long.
>>
>>4235919
what was the point of the glowbos tho? That was dumb.
>>
>>4235325
My only complaint with Tooie was that some jiggies required a massive trek in order to get them. And that most of the new moves are highly situational compared to the Kazooie moves. That said, I still enjoyed it greatly, and its level design was far more elaborate and interesting than DK64's obsession with segmenting areas with tunnels all the time.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.