[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

dark templars: op as fuck?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3

File: maxresdefault (1).jpg (28KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (1).jpg
28KB, 1280x720px
are these niggas just a little too good?
i made an anon ragequit just by landing some on his workers
granted he should've had cannons around his minerals but still
>>
>>4235171
Not if you're playing against someone skilled.
>>
they're really weak, no reason you can't take them out before they hit your forces
>>
>>4235261
40 dmg man
>>
Basically they're ninjas

their defense is that of tissues and their attack rate is hilarious, but their cloak and damage output makes them great at stealth and assassination. But given how easy detectors are in SC there should be no excuse for losing against them.

Guy who ragequit will never survive in the multiplayer world
>>
>>4235276
Detectors exist
>>
File: spring.png (4MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
spring.png
4MB, 1920x1080px
>>4235171
>he's still playing babby's first RTS
wew
>>
>>4235171
DTs and units like them just lend themselves to cheese strategies, which are really good against lesser skilled players who can't cope. If you do it enough against the same player, assuming they have any intention of improving, they'll usually do this:

>First few games: Totally murdered by DTs, left scratching their heads.
>Next few games: Detection at choke points in base, either fails because the DTs make it past zerg style or get an airdrop into the base.
>After: Detection fucking everywhere, this is the phase where DTs stop having any use beyond a token presence. However, the player is over-invested into detection at this point and is easily crushed by quick expansions into large armies.
>Final phase: Player begins to rely on a handful of detection units or realizes scanner sweep detects invisible. At this point, DTs become a non-issue, except for the occasions when a player's attention is too divided to make a proper response. Scouts may be deployed to discover early templar builds.

Alternatively:
>Player starts playing Zerg instead and automatically has detection.
>Player learns to rush his opponent and kill them before DTs show up.
>Player rolls into airgame so hard that DTs become a waste of money.
>>
>>4235450
>the one you posted isn't even /vr/
wew
>>
>>4235491
>Player starts playing Zerg instead and automatically has detection.
>Encounters the DT/Corsair build that was popular like 10 years ago
>Learns to make Spore Colonies
>>
>>4235261
they're supposed to attack workers while the players are busy throwing their deathballs at each other
>>
>>4235171

>get some detectors
>enemy just wasted all his time and money on DTs

?
>>
>>4235528
>total annihilation
>not /vr/
>>
>>4235684
I love how it eventually forms a never-ending cycle of strategies to employ to outplay your opponent. Every move has an answer, though at some point, you have to make a prediction and commit to something without having perfect knowledge of what's going on.
>>
>>4235712
I missed a lot of SC in its heyday (I didn't have a PC until 2001 and when I got one I played C&C), but that's what I loved in SC2, except with reapers. It still angers me to this day what happened to them.
>>
>>4235737
It's not TA
>>
>>4236127
he posted a 3d remake of it, and remakes are considered legal on /vr/
>>
>that Protoss level where you wipe half the map with Zeratul
>>
>>4235491
you forgot
>DTs become DAs and mindcontrol your worker fucking you over with two armies

probably between after and final phase
>>
>>4236313

Dude, if you're going to be casual, that's fine, but you really outta be able to spot when someone else is not at all casual.
>>
Was he a Protoss?
>>
>>4235684
Corsair dt won't cover your hydras while corsairs melt your mutas while your spores do fuck all
>>
>>4236249
Im too autist for that.
>>
File: 2m6mvds.gif (598KB, 480x204px) Image search: [Google]
2m6mvds.gif
598KB, 480x204px
>>4236249
>he posted a 3d remake of it
>TA
>3d remake of it
>TA
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.