[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This game deserves much more attention

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2

File: hqdefault.jpg (16KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
16KB, 480x360px
One of the first games I've ever got with my first PC. Haven't seen anyone talking about it here
>>
>>4234532
its just mtg. still fun but not to much to say about it
>>
MTG is more fun as /tg/ or Magic Online. LackeyCCG is pretty old and a good experience but I don't think it's old enough to be /vr/ material.
>>
This is the one where you can tap your opponent's lands for them during their upkeep step, causing mana burn and effectively locking them to single mana cost spells.

Pretty fun otherwise, though.
>>
>>4235197
Sorry that was meant as a question, not a statement.
>>
>>4235197
that was likely patched out since that isn't possible with the base game that has it's expansions

Also does anyone have the latest downloads for the card mods for this? The dude who made it on slightly magic deleted all his shit for some reason.
>>
>>4235303
I still don't like how the ending is all "well you may die but at least the final boss will end up as someone else's problem 1000 years from now!" Especially since the plot was basically how it had been 1000 years since he was banished and nobody was taking the threat as fact instead of myth.

Like you can never win, you can only just delay his conquest.
>>
Is this the one Sid Meier produced?
>>
>>4235787
you should see what happens when you deck him, hes only banished for like 10 years
>>
>>4235892
or when you lose and he's banished for -1000 years
>>
I wasn't a big fan when it came out, but I decided to play it again thanks to this thread and am loving it.

I'm super nostalgic for early-MtG, and not really interested in amassing cards anymore, but even as simple as this game is, it scratches the itch for limited that I always have.
>>
>>4236295
I find that this and the gameboy pokemon tcg are the only games of their kind, it's truly unfortunate there hasn't been a modern game of this type.
>>
>>4236373
I liked Digimon Digital Card Battle

YGO FM is popular but not good
>>
>>4234532
Shandalar is kinda fun as an RPG, though, fighting and building your deck up. Just wished it had more to it.
>>
>>4236373
I never actually played Pokemon TCG, I guess I should check it out.
>>
This is the one where you can BYOD and toss in 4 Lotuses and 4 Time Walks, right?
>>
>>4237112
yes, you can either simulate a sealed draft tournament, just make a deck and have at some random ones or play the rpg game and build up some really shitty deck into whatever
>>
>>4235303
looking for them as well, and as far as I know the guy deleted everything after a giant argument with some big dudes on slightlymagic and left development and took all his code with him.
>>
>>4239384
>something else cool shut down by drama
Well, at least there's still semi-recent torrents for the game with a fairly recent cardset.
>>
>>4234532
Why would anyone play this on PC? Makes no sense.
>>
>>4239875
Among other reasons because actually purchasing cards is analogous to burning money.
>>
>>4239875
Deck building combined with light RPG elements makes for a game that is far more entertaining than the sum of its parts and what >>4239887 said, building a single deck in magic costs an absurd amount of money and you will often need to change it constantly or just have multiple decks to play with
>>
Would pay serious amounts of money for a version that contained cards up to Ice Age and maintained/updated the RPG elements.
>>
File: playstation-35017-41316021743.jpg (81KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
playstation-35017-41316021743.jpg
81KB, 640x480px
speaking of which, there's also this game
>>
>>4240197
The 2010 version has cards up to the Eldrazi stuff if I recall correctly.

>>4240206
Fuck this fucking bullshit fuck game right in the fucking ass. I'm serious. I had that game in my younger days since I was a huge Magic fan. There is pretty much no way to have anything approaching fun with this game. You have a defender and enemy is approaching? Doesn't fucking matter, your unit will get lost and spin around in circles two feet away from you and let the enemy kill you. You want new cards? Ok, you get ONE chance to get a new card for your deck per game turn, and you better not chose the wrong option and get nothing.(Game turn = one battle). Which option is the wrong option? Fuck, I dunno, look it up in a walkthrough. Or save-scum. Don't even get me started on how clunky the controls and gameplay are.

Fuck that game.
>>
>>4240225
I have the PS1 version. Man, it's really fucking hard. Mostly because of the criminally clunky controls and shitty/unforgiving AI. Also, you can't view whole cards while you're actually playing the game.

Other than that, the graphics and CGs of the various locations are actually pretty cool.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.