[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Just picked up a Genesis after two decades of not having one.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 5

File: coop.jpg (15KB, 390x317px) Image search: [Google]
coop.jpg
15KB, 390x317px
Just picked up a Genesis after two decades of not having one. Mostly wanting it for couch co-op (NOT versus.)

So far I've put together a list of games we eventually plan to pick up, but I'm curious of potential others I've inevitably missed.

World of Illusion
Toejam & Earl 1&2
Blades of Vengeance
Bio-Hazard Battle
TMNT: Hyperstone Heist
The Great Circus: Mickey & Minnie
Sunset Riders
Contra Hard Corps
Captain America and the Avengers
X-Men 2: Clone Wars
Spiderman: Separation Anxiety
Golden Axe series
Altered Beast
Arcus Odyssey
Todd's Adventures in Slime World
Mega Bomberman
Skeleton Krew
Adventures of Batman & Robin
Snake Rattle n' Roll
Battletoads & Double Dragon
Cadash
MMPR: The Movie
Streets of Rage series
Gunstar Heroes

No need to recommend Shmups, as we're fine just getting Bio-Hazard Battle. But if there's one that's just an absolute must feel free to mention it.
>>
>>
>>4233524
This. Explore every game out there together.
>>
>>4233621
Still wouldn't help knowing what are the best co-op Genesis games to play. It'd take forever to play them all.

And we'd like to have an actual physical collection.
>>
>>4233510
>MMPR: The Movie
I'm lucky I got a complete boxed copy of MMPR: The Movie for the Sega Genesis.

>>4233524
Except if you want to use Game Genie codes, buying the Everdrive would be a waste of money.
>>
>>4233510
Lol you bought the wrong genesis model.
>>
>>4233974
That's a pic off of google images.
>>
>>4233510
Arcus Odyssey is one of my favorite co-ops
>>
>>4233835
power rangers the movie the game is fucking amazing.
also the everdrive lets you use your game genie codes iirc
>>
>>4236129
That's good to know, I'll probably invest in getting one then, while letting my physical copies of the real games I own rest.
>>
>>4233524
>Chinkshit version
No
>>
>>4236094
I grew up with that game, was blown away when I learned there was an rpg for sega cd.
>>
>>4233510

The Lost World:Jurassic Park is goddamn great.

Zombies Ate My Neighbors is also a good idea.
>>
>>4236609
Is Lost World co-op? I thought it was just single player.
>>
Gauntlet IV and Cadash immediately jumped to my mind and I didn't see them mentioned
>>
File: download (2).jpg (13KB, 185x272px) Image search: [Google]
download (2).jpg
13KB, 185x272px
BASED
>>
>>4238015
3 is better
>>
>>4233510
genesis is so comfy
>>
File: 0N6bcnT[1].jpg (44KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
0N6bcnT[1].jpg
44KB, 640x480px
>>4233510
General Chaos has a great 1-4 player co-op mode.

It's one of those games that seems to go completely under everyone's radar so check it out.
>>
>>4238081
duh, I meant.2-4 player co-op.
>>
>>4233510
>Spiderman: Separation Anxiety

Honestly, if you can, go with the SNES port of this. It's FAR better than what the Genesis got.
>>
>>4233510
I just picked one up today too. I never had one growing up so I am excited to spend some time with it. I got it for practically nothing but I need the power and av cables. Its a model 2. Its supposed to have a 9V .85A output but a lot of the ones on ebay are higher amperage. Will going over .85 a little hurt anything? Some are 9V 1A and others are 9V 1.2A
>>
>>4233510
X-Men 2 is shit two player. The framerate tanks when played co-op, I think the FPS is 15 instead of 60 which is awful for an action game. I've never played a game that was more enjoyable solo. My friend and I were disappointed that the best way to play X-Men 2 is to alternate lives in single player.
>>
>>4237964

Co-op at its finest. You either check it in Options or press start on the second controller, I don't quite recall. One plays Eddie Carr, the other plays Ian Malcom. They're identical aside from the sprite.

Also, when getting into a vehicle, the second person to get in is the one who mans the guns. Makes the vehicle sections considerably easier, since one person can focus on not driving over mines or whatever while the other can blast dinos/hunters.

It's so much better than playing solo
>>
>>4233510
Smash TV

I know you said no shmups, but Vapor Trail
>>
>>4233510
General chaos.
>>
>>4238947

I love STV but never picked this up cause I figured a twin stick shooter would suck on Genesis. Does it translate well?
>>
>>4239004
Not nearly as well as on Super Nintendo or later arcade compilations. It's playable, but not ideal.
>>
>>4239062
How does this even work with a genesis controller. I hate the snes version but it is workable. Best is MAME with a dualshock.
>>
>>4233510
Sonic 2.
>>
File: Gain_Ground_(leaflet).png (154KB, 222x314px) Image search: [Google]
Gain_Ground_(leaflet).png
154KB, 222x314px
>>4233510
how come nobody has mentioned Gain Ground? one of the best co-op games in the 16-bit era. OP, get it and thank me later
>>
>>4236325
It's pretty handy. There is a list of codes that will let you play games from other regions on your Genesis.
That way you can play stuff like Golden Axe 3.
>>
>>4239707
You hold two Genesis controllers and use the D pads. If you have two arcade sticks I imagine it would be awesome.
You can also do a mode where you press a button to lock movement.
>>
Can't you just load the rom, save it to ED's ram, then plug it into an actual game genie?
>>
>>4239878
No way to do this in two player which makes even the NES version superior since it supports 4 controllers.
>>
Why is Road Rash and Skitchin never on these lists?
>>
>>4238328
amp rating doesn't matter as long as it is over the required amount. amps are just a measurement of how much current the unit is capable of supplying at the listed voltage, or how much current a load will use at the listed voltage. You will have 0.15 amps "left over" that the MD won't use, but that won't affect anything.
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.