[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is this actually any good?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 1

File: Terranigmafront[1].jpg (67KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
Terranigmafront[1].jpg
67KB, 400x300px
Is this actually any good?
>>
I was surprised at how good it ended up being.
>>
>>4233135
Play it and form your own opinion. No, on second thought, its shit. Dont play it. Ever. Just stop playing games altogether. I can tell you first hand, they're all shit. Sorry, you are going to have to find a new hobby.
>>
>>4233135
Yes,
>>
Game might catch you off guard a couple times.
>>
>>4233135
Good yes. Overrated though, not as great as it's made out to be.
>>
>>4233135
I played this after soulblazer and illusion of gaia and was pleasantly surprised.
>>
>>4233135
It's fun until the chapter where humans are created.
I think it's the way of the game to say humanity sucks but the dungeon exploration and combat are ace.
>>
>>4233135
Gameplay is kinda meh but, man, the story is very, very ambitious. I really liked it.
>>
>>4233135
I didn't beat it, but from what I played, no. Extremely repetitive.
>>
It's good and has a great story outside of the garbled translation.

Gets significantly more intriguing and entertaining when the human chapters start. Beginning chapters are fun while being a bit repetitive as >>4233784 stated
>>
It's good until you reach the Spanish castle, at which point you slam into a brick wall of a difficulty spike which makes the game not fun anymore.
>>
>>4234015
just level up and use the right kind of spear

one of the spears does like no damage to her
>>
Pretty decent for sure.

>>4234015
I didn't hit a wall anywhere. But I did have to beat the bitch while doing 2-4 damage. Which is only possible because the game is on the easy side.
>>
>>4234145
>>4234319
She can also just nuke her with all of your magirocks for a quick victory. It's the one time in the game that magic is actually really helpful.
>>
>>4234015
>do 1 damage
>grind 1 level
>do 40 damage

The level scaling of this game is trash
>>
>>4234348
Except magic damage is still dependent on your level.

Terranigma has awful balancing. Period.

It has great scaling until you hit the zombie town. Then it goes to shit.
>Can't damage enemies
>Grind
>Suddenly you're wasting everything with no effort
>Get to the castle
>grind
>suddenly things are easy as shit
>STILL can't deal reasonable damage to bloody mary
>Next few parts are fine
>Dr. Beruga's lab
>grind because it's fast as fuck EXP
>Trash everything else in the game.
>>
one of my favorites. unforgettable game.
>>
>>4234671
The hole "RPG" part of this game was pointless. Should've just been an action adventure, like Illusion of Gaia.
>>
>>4234348
>It's the one time in the game that magic is actually really helpful.

It's pretty unfortunate that the magic system is so underused.
Not only is just attacking much easier but I guess most people didn't use it because how it works wasn't really well explained.
When the magicians tell you how the magirocks contain the energy of the spells most people assumed that they meant that the rocks are a secondary currency and by purchasing spells they'd use up the magical energy contained inside the rocks to create the spell.
In reality they meant that the rocks function as containers for your spells and are reusable once a spell has been unleashed.
>>
>>4233737
Yeah, the last place you can really level up is the fish tower and then it just becomes dialogue. It is cool going around the world and talking to people like Magellan and visiting famous landmarks.
>>
>>4235240
YES!, I never used any magic because I thought I had a limited number of spells based on the rocks that I had, just like the healing herbs in Illusion of Gaia. I saved them all until the final boss and when I went to use them it said YOU CANNOT USE MAGIC HERE.
>>
>Boxed copy of the game with a walkthrough €1000
I'm not paying that.
>>
>>4233135
It's great, but I preferred Soulblazer honestly. Both are better than Illusion of Gaia, though.
>>
>>4234671 #
>Except magic damage is still dependent on your level.

It is, but elecrings will inflict significant damage to Bloody Mary even if your staff is dealing out 1 damage per hit. It shortens the battle dramatically.

I do agree that Terranigma's attribute growth and damage formula are fundamentally flawed, though.
>>
>>4233135
It' s up there with Secret Of Mana 1/2, Chrono Trigger and Lufia 2.
>>
>>4240502
Soul Blazer at least has some interesting mechanics. Illusion of Gaia and Terranigma suffer heavily from flaws. I would say Soul blazer > Terranigma > Illusion of Gaia is pretty damn accurate.

Terranigma and Illusion of Gaia are weighed down heavily by a lot of garbage.
>>
>>4233135
Illusion of Gaia is the best game of the trilogy and i will fight literally everyone on /vr/ who argues otherwise.
>>
>>4240683
Illusion of Gaia isn't the best in the series, and it's not even a good game.

Come at me bro, you're blinded by childhood nostalgia.
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.