[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hoarding

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 5

File: hoarding.jpg (451KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
hoarding.jpg
451KB, 1920x1080px
Anyone here starting or have been hoarding consoles, controllers, and other peripherals?
>>
>>4232225
Kind of, I have 3 NES, 2 SNES, 2 N64, 2 PSX, 2 Dreamcast, and many doubles of handhelds. I plan to get rid of many of my doubles though. I do keep extra controllers.
>>
No, but I have a significant amount of consoles and games from my childhood. I sold a lot of it though, so my collection isn't as big as it'd be if I really kept all my childhood stuff.
I only bought some games in recent years (by recent years I mean any non-/vr/ year, from 2000 to now), but I didn't buy any new console, I already had a Saturn luckily.
>>
If you're a serious player it makes a hell of a lot more sense than "collecting" software if you ask me.
>>
>>4232225
I have 3 NES, 2 SNES, 3 Genesis consoles, 2 PSX, and about 15 old beige tower computers from the Pentium I and II eras. No dupes of anything else I think. I'm gonna have to get another Saturn though because the one I have isn't working anymore.
>>
I have a spare PS2, 2 spare Mega Drives, a spare Master System converter, and a spare N64.
I've run out of room for all my computers, and I just got a CoCo 2.
>>
When i started collecting rettorgames at first i only wanted the games i had as achild and lost, but in the last 2 years ive been buying every console that i find if it is cheap, so far i have 4 american Snes and 1 Super Senpai, 3 Nes, 2 Gamecubes, 3 N64... about 5 controllers for each console.
>>
No, hoarding is unhealthy behavior.
>>
>>4232225
Sell whatever extra crap you don't need. I see you have 2 Dreamcasts, 2 Sega Saturns and 2 Super Nintendo's. You only need one of each.
>>
>>4232352

that is until one of your Snes dies and you have to buy it from 16 Bit super Retro BrosĀ“s store for $70.
>>
File: jin1[1].jpg (129KB, 395x315px) Image search: [Google]
jin1[1].jpg
129KB, 395x315px
>>4232225
I'm only hoarding things that break often. N64 controllers and playstations mostly. Also hoarding a few disc-based extras that have problems reading disks, eventually plan to ODE mod them and either keep them or sell them.

Also, I'm hoarding game boys, but for a good reason.

>>4232241
agreed, there are enough ways to play without the real deal that it's more financially sound to buy hardware and replacements than to pay out the ass for rare software.

>>4232307
>1 Super Senpai

Gotcha covered senpaiicom
>>
>>4232368
Except that SNES's can be repaired. Also it seems you need to deyellow one of them.
>>
>>4232374
wait, what the fuck, why does the start of the console name translate to senpai now? Did /vr/ get too memey?
>>
>>4232368
Funny story, the only store near me marks up their consoles to hell. An SNES for 70 would be a deal there.

But oddly enough, sometimes I find something where they just didn't price it well, and I get it cheap. Best examples are a CIB copy of F-Zero X for 5 bucks, and a PS3 USB Memory Card Adapter also for 5 bucks.
>>
I hoard RGB monitors
>>
>>4232403
Do you have a Commodore 1084?
>>
Yeah I have 10+ PS2s, 7 Wiis, 8 NES, 4 SNES, at least 5 DSes. I spend a lot of time looking for games at thrift stores and stuff and buy whenever there's a good deal and never sell anything.
>>
>>4232382
My local store has them for 115
Like damn daniel
>>
>>4232225
Fuck yeah. Every time I've seen a great deal in the last 10-15 years I bought it. I have 5-10 of most consoles and will never have to pay ebay prices to replace a broken one even if I live to 100. I have hundreds of controllers. Two giant boxes full of just N64 controllers. I have thousands of games in storage because I play backups. Many of them are dupes of meme games I bought before prices shot up. I have 4 gaming setups in my house but I have much more I never use or even see. Feels good man.
>>
>>4232352
I probably take care of my extra consoles better than somebody else would. I'm contributing to their preservation for the future if you think about it.
>>
>>4232225
No but i somehow got 4 extra genesis. Many from buying lots which had other stuff I wanted. Getting ready to clean and test so I can cash out on extras to buy flashcarts. Have an extra snes needing new power port and about 3 nes. Again, not hoarding just stuff I've picked up in lots and cheap at garage sales over the last 25 or 30 years.

Once I get good systems of one's I care about the extras are history.
>>
I've bought a lot of CRTs in the last year. OEV203, 20" old BVM, couple of Megaview 29s, NEC XM37+.
>>
>>4232225
Is that image representing hoarding or what?
Because if you think that is hoarding, you may have a more serious mental problem than a hoarder
Do people here not know what hoarding is?
>>
>>4232483
I'd feel bad, man.
>>
>>4232483
when are you going to cash out?
>>
>>4232225
I've probably got enough playstations that you could build a chair out of them.
>>
>>4232225
Here I thought I was the only one, I have 4 genesis, 3 PS2s, 2 PSX, 2 saturns.
>>
File: Unloved_in_NTSC_regions.jpg (653KB, 2592x1944px) Image search: [Google]
Unloved_in_NTSC_regions.jpg
653KB, 2592x1944px
>>4232225
I got lots of extra controllers because I use them so much that a few broke on me (just from overplaying, I have never thrown one out of frustration). Spare consoles are usually a result of them being cheap and/or different regions.
>>
>>4233885
>i feel bad
FTFY

>>4233936
No plans to anytime soon
>>
File: 12415.gif (968KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
12415.gif
968KB, 500x375px
>>4232225
I hoard consoles instead of video games cartridges and whatnot.
Cheaper that way and more organized.
I have an ODE for all my consoles now and my gaming area only covers half a bookshelf.
>>
File: wang.png (236KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
wang.png
236KB, 500x375px
>started

I've been doing "hoarding" since my teens. Me and my brothers have been collecting all kinds of computers and electronics for years now, especially video games. I swear I have like 10 playstations in next room, 2-3 xboxes, 3 xbox 306s, uncountable NES and SNES consoles, and god knows how many old computers.

I still live with my mother, but soon I have to move out because dad died and mom can't afford to keep the house anymore, and just thinking all the vidya/computer junk I have to haul with me just makes me anxious and I try not to think about it for now. I don't want to throw them away or sell them, I've worked too hard collecting them, and I still play with them every now and then.
>>
I usually only keep one of every system I regularly play. But the exception to that is SNES. I'm definitely an SNES hoarder. I have one of each major revision (SHVC, GPM-01 &02, RGB-01 &02, APU-01, and 1-chip-01 and 03). I did have a 1-chip-02 but sold that when I got an 03.
>>
>>4232416
fuck if I know what's wrong with them, but I will say that's overpriced, my store is shit at that and it still has an SNES Mini for less than what you said.

>>4232878
Where do you live that you have space to keep tons of large CRTs around, and that you can easily move and store them?
>>
Yes I have probably about 30 different consoles counting handhelds
>>
>>4235235
I don't hoard stuff, just enjoy old games dude
>>
>>4232225
I don't see why you would hoard more than one of a console. You can sell your multiples on ebay and use the money to buy things you don't already own.
>>
>>4232307
>but in the last 2 years ive been buying every console that i find if it is cheap, so far i have 4 american Snes and 1 Super Senpai, 3 Nes, 2 Gamecubes, 3 N64... about 5 controllers for each console.

Gluttony. Leave the ones you already have for someone else to buy.
>>
>>4232368
Your SNES dies you just don't have an SNES until you come across another one. If it takes a year so be it.
>>
>>4232408
If I ever heard you complain that other people aren't into retro games anymore I'd slap you.
>>
>>4232225
No, I believe in leaving something behind for the next generation to discover. I've had my fun.
>>
>>4235935
You don't hoard stuff because you're poor and shortsighted and spend any spare cash you have on weed. I do much more than just enjoy old games and will continue to enjoy old games long after you stop because you destroyed your console by spilling bong water on it.
>>
I hoard cheap as chips PS3 games from EB Games now that I bought one cheap, I do the same for PSP games.
>>
>>4235497
> spends all money on games
> spends no money on house

I dont think you understand how life works.

> "Sorry mom, i need muh games...You should get a third job to pay rent so i can have a place to put my toys."
>>
>>4237081
What am I supposed to do, sell all the games and get like few hundred bucks tops, and then spend it on one day's worth of heating oil?
>>
>>4237657
I'm with you, anon. Just find a good paying job and keep your games.
>>
The only multiple of anything I own is two copies of SMB for FC, because the seller goofed and shipped it twice. Accept the fact that your consoles are gonna die one day, and be happy that the FPGA scene is starting to have some competition. We'll get our cycle-perfect reproduction consoles soon enough.
>>
>>4238843
>another dumb kid falls for the FPGA meme
The famiclones you untip your fedora in disgust at use chips that use the exact same HDL as your exalted divine FPGAs my clueless youngling
Thread posts: 47
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.