[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I want to play Might & Magic 3 but my autism makes me anxious

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3

File: mm3_005.png (72KB, 280x175px) Image search: [Google]
mm3_005.png
72KB, 280x175px
I want to play Might & Magic 3 but my autism makes me anxious for skipping 1 and 2. Should I go back and play those? They seem very tedious and long.
>>
You should play them after the later games since they are more demanding.
1 isn't that tedious, it just lacks some features like automap.
2 has some annoying aspects like 250 monster enouncters.
In both games you can only save in inns and party death means you have to restart from there. Enemies are met in separate encounters instead directly engaging them on the map. Random encounters also mean you'll never walk alone.
>>
>>4232014
III takes place in a completely different world than 1-2 and IV-V are also in a different world with a different party.
About the only thing you will learn from 1-2 is the beginning of the whole Corak vs Sheltem thing, but their backstory is only explained in 3.
So fire away at 3, no worries.
>>
>>4232014
As the others put it, MM3 is a great start to the series -it was my first computer RPG as a kid- as 1, and especially 2 are more brutal.

Start with 3, if you want more of the same go for World of Xeen (4+5) and if you crave a more old-school experience, go back to 1.
>>
>>4232014
1 and 2 are really old and clunky.
Don't worry about skipping them.
>>
>>4232048
1 is my favorite M&M. Age and clunkiness play in its favor.
>>
3 is a good point to start, it's also comfy as fuck the warm colors and nice music make it so relaxing to play.
>>
>>4232227
Yeah, 3 is super comfy, until you see the freaky shit coming out of the forests, like the flying disembodied faces making crazy expressions and the screen becoming filled with ZZZAPPPS and your characters also making freaky, disturbing faces.

I know I'm exaggerating but I have a massive fucking jumpscare anxiety and after a few encounters with the Screamers in MM3 I kinda played the game with my eyes half-shut and ONLY ever engaged them from a massive, massive distance

And no lie, when I got my first ERADICATE status from drinking a random pool, I jumped.
>>
>>4232475
Haha, I had freaky moments in the same area. South of the screamers, progressing through the forest squares and
stumbling upon fucking spiders with their animated legs triggered my arachnophobia. They're not even that realistic, but spiders is the only way games manage to scare me.
So yeah, in the end I tried to kill them from afar too
>>
>>4232475
>>4232503
I refused to play 4 as a kid after I encountered the mad beggars in Rivercity.
I probably would've completely lost my shit if I saw the Screamers in the Dungeon of Dead.
>>
>>4232014
So ... how does M&M compare to Wizardry?
>>
>>4232584
1 and 2 are easier. 3 onwards are a lot easier.
Furthermore they are open world while Wizardry up to 6 is always a single dungeon.
>>
>>4232584
M&M is a lot more laid-back to play. Wizardry has all sorts of perplexing gameplay mechanics like resurrection spells permanently reducing vitality.
>>
>>4232584
M&M is a coffee break dungeon crawler whose strength of gameplay lies in finding all sorts of fun exploration shit and learning how to break the game with it.

Wizardry is more complex and hands-on with emphasis on multiclassing and strategy.
>>
>>4232475
hahaha I totally forgot about the status effect faces in 3, some of them are hilarious
>>
>>4232604
That's DnD staple, M&M1 has that es well. What's special about Wizardry is that you can lose stats on a levelup and resurrection has a huge chance of failure.
The dungeons in M&M are also simpler. In Wizardry it's common for the 20x20 maps to wrap around and feature teleporters, spinners, dark zones and other traps compared to M&M 16x16 mazes except for the final dungeon.
>>
I is really worth a try. It might be a bit hard to get into at the beginning, but, personally, I find it to be the best entry from the original pentalogy.
>>
>>4232661
Protip: get blessed at the temple by donating. It makes a big difference at the beginning. You go from being moose rat kibble to making mince out of them.
>>
>>4232726
you mean there are people who don't donate to the temple? Fuck I couldn't imagine clearing out fountain head without blessing
>>
>>4232604
In Might & Magic you also permanently lose vitality each time you ressurect using the spell.
Only the temple gives no stat penalities.
>>
>>4232835
Doesn't Divine Intervention also avoid it?
Obviously at the cost of extra age but it's easier to counter that.
>>
File: might magic 5.png (1MB, 4980x2384px) Image search: [Google]
might magic 5.png
1MB, 4980x2384px
>>4232520
have some flying entrails, anon.
>>
File: Demon Dance.gif (4MB, 320x320px) Image search: [Google]
Demon Dance.gif
4MB, 320x320px
>>4233136
I remember fapping to those bat-women and white dressed witches. Good times, good game.
>>
>>4232014
This is what the Might and Magic thread is for anon. Also MM3 is great and 1 and 2 can be played later if you want.
>>
>>4233521
The Might and Magic threads are for discussing HoMM3 and non retro HoMM games.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.