[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

what to do when space becomes issue?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 4

File: received_10100291040494526.jpg (312KB, 2048x1152px) Image search: [Google]
received_10100291040494526.jpg
312KB, 2048x1152px
what to do when space becomes issue?
>>
>>4230094
stop wasting your money on plastic and enjoy the time you have with your friends and family now before you lose everyone important in your life?
>>
File: download.png (5KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
download.png
5KB, 225x225px
>>4230096
you seem to be in the wrong place. faggit is over that way.
>>
>>4230094
Don't collect cardboard.

Seriously re-assess what you actually care about in terms of your collection.

Figure out a more efficient storage solution.
>>
>>4230094
throw out the boxes. You could fit all of that in 2-3 storage bins in a closet.
>>
Stop feeling the need to display cardboard. All my console & game boxes are shoved into a dark corner of my closet, which has the added bonus of preserving them from light exposure.
>>
Buy a bigger house, houselet.
>>
Cum on it.

This will summon the Yngbab house elf the patron host of the Dobby spirit, which will conjure a four dimensional portal on a certain wall of your house, effectively creating a pocket dimension.

This pocket dimension will be your new room to store your stuff.
>>
>>4230094
Sell all that shit and download the emulators.
>>
>>4230094
store your stuff in time instead
>>
just put them in a dyno capsule
>>
>>4230094
Personally, I don't care too much about the boxes. I have a 3 Sega Genesis Model 1's and I keep 2 of them in a box stacked on one another. I use the large flat-rate shippers from the post office if I need to square things away. From there, it's just a matter of making it fit and keeping yourself semi-organized.

If your cardboard is so important, figure something out, man. Gotta make a sacrifice somewhere, though.
>>
>>4230109
>>4230113
Or just unfold and flatten the boxes
>>
I would sell all of my old, unreliable hardware and replace them with a compact, space friendly Retron 5 retro gaming console. I could even keep and play all of my cool retro gaming cartridges. The Retron 5 outputs in glorious HD and works beautifully with big screen LCDs.
>>
>>4230667
Top kek
>>
I don't understand this compulsive need to own so much shit. I collect retro games but I only buy things I know that I'll play and enjoy, not just a bunch of trash. I have a nice compact library of about 5 consoles and 100 or so games that I enjoy, and when I buy a new game I do a lot of research before splurging on it. I can't imagine polluting my living space with a bunch of old shit that I'll never play. It's so much more fulfilling to own a small number of things which you can squeeze enjoyment out of, rather than spreading your interests accross too many things and never devoting enough time to them individually.

Be super realistic about the things you actually enjoy owning and sell everything else. Nobody, I repeat, nobody needs 20 different game consoles and a bunch of shovelware. It's fine to collect and play games, but once it starts taking up more space than a small corner of the room you need to re-evaluate your life.
>>
>>4230845
5 consoles and 100 games is still quite a lot
>>
File: 1436846553159.jpg (928KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
1436846553159.jpg
928KB, 1080x1920px
>>4230094
Go to your local outlets, discount stores and thrift stores and keep your eyes peeled for some cheap shelving or wall storage and visualize how to utilize the empty space in your house efficiently. In my basement I fit clear tubs between the rafters by screwing boards across and sliding them up there. The entire shared wall has 4 floor to ceiling metal shelves I got for $35 per unit at Ollies. Get pull out storage for under your bed for your seasonal clothing and use closet space for collectibles. My office has track shelving all around the top to keep shit off the floor.

I also prioritize what I collect. For instance I like to refurbish old consoles so I would rather spend less on a broken one than more for a working one.

Also I dont collect worthess gamestop merch. I have a few select things but I generally avoid it.

Pic isnt mine but I have similar things I have built
>>
>>4230851
>5 consoles and 100 games is still quite a lot
No, it's really not. Over a 20 year period that is literally fucking nothing. That literally fits into a large box.
>>
>>4230094
move out of your parents basement
display your toys on a shelf instead of your moms kitchen floor
get your moms cuck to buy you a retron
>>
>>4230094
You kill yourself
>>
>>4230094
If you live in a small apartment, I can see how space would become a problem. But if you live in a house, there's plenty of space. Think outside the box, stack them until they reach the ceiling if you have to. Reorganize. Get rid of stuff you don't need(old VHS tapes maybe?) There's always a way.
>>
>>4230094
Emulate, fool.
>>
>>4230094
Start making carboard box towers.
>>
>>4230094
get a large plastic box that fits nearly all your consoles, perhaps an extra box for some cablesand controllers and whatever doesnt fit.

sell all games that flashcarts cant run
install hdd or sdcard mods on disc consoles where applicable, keep the cartridges you want storing them in plastic boxes that fit with as much little empty space as possible.

if you must keep the cardboard, flatten it all, then wrap in plastic film, pack it well so that umidity doesnt reach it, and most importantly insects dont feed on the glue or use its tight spaces as hiding and breeding caves
>>
File: 5heads.png (242KB, 284x470px) Image search: [Google]
5heads.png
242KB, 284x470px
>>4230106
spotted the newfag.
>>
>>4230094
>what to do when space becomes issue?
sell all the stuff that doesn't have sentimental value and go flashcart route if you can

you could also go full cold turkey and get rid of everything if you're brave enough
>>
>>4230196

Stop talking bullshit.

It's actually a 5 dimensional portal.
>>
>>4230667
>no wife
1/10
>>
>>4230094
It dosen't, I have a huge house.
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.