[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Better than Adventure.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 6

File: sonic-robo-blast-2-1-09-4-1.jpg (105KB, 900x562px) Image search: [Google]
sonic-robo-blast-2-1-09-4-1.jpg
105KB, 900x562px
Better than Adventure.
>>
File: asdfsd.jpg (14KB, 366x199px) Image search: [Google]
asdfsd.jpg
14KB, 366x199px
>rings 7
>score 0
>>
They certainly understand 3d level design better than Sonic team.

The controls are still ass, but the designers seem to at least understand this and make most platforming segments involve very wide platforms.

They don't overuse bottomless pits and make the levels giant race courses suspended over an endless void.
>>
>>4230041
... Not!
>>
>>4230054
>They don't overuse bottomless pits and make the levels giant race courses suspended over an endless void.

instead the levels barely use momentum at all, making you wonder why it even stars sonic

Sonic doesn't really work from a behind the back perspective. His character entirely revolves around moving forward in a linear nature and that's visually boring as fuck in three dimensions.
>>
>>4230235
Worked for Crash Bandicoot.
>>
Not really.

SRB2 certainly controls well (if you either use a kb+m or a joystick) and really reflects the 2D Sonic games, but it's more based on platforming than speeding and gaining momentum, and this isn't the point of Sonic. I'm aware the latest updates add slopes, but they only add slopes, and this brings little of the point of Sonic. To make you have any idea over what I'm talking about, the only official Sonic game that can be completely recreated on SRB2 is 3D Blast, and 3D Blast featured scripted segments and scripted loops.

The problem is no support for loops, you rarely see your characters gaining momentum and you can't make Sonic run from the ground to the wall then to the celling, which is something Adventure games are able to do that. In other words, where's speed? It's all thanks to the DOOM engine SRB2 is using which wasn't projected for speed-based and momentum-based games.

Of course, I do really appreciate SRB2 and its fantastic .wads made through the years, but I don't see it being better than Adventure games.

>>4230054
>They don't overuse bottomless pits
Not retro, but that's Dimps for you, and even so, this is something you're able to ignore if you were good at Dimps games.
>>
>>4230689
adventure 1 loops were pretty obviously scripted
>>
>>4230235
worked well for the adventure games.

We just need a new adventure game that only has sonic playable, and only stages like in sonic adventure, with maybe more paths, and a super sonic playable. The controlls were already good enough.
>>
>>4230775
Yeah, I know that. I should have noted before too that while SRB2 has no loops at all, Adventure features scripted loops, and that Adventure has workable slopes which they work like they do in real life. The huge downward floating street on the beginning of Speed Highway zone (if you jump over the boosting pads) shows enough evidence that Adventure's engine physics mostly works.
>>
>>4230041
>Better than adventure
lol no, like really no...

Well honestly this wad is totally cool to play and I love to play these total conversion wads, really well made and put together
>>
>>4231052
>hurrr doom engine

Fuck off stupid idiot, not an argument against the quality of the game itself
>>
Playing this right now out of curiousity

The earlier stages you really do feel fast as fuck, but with very little obstacle
I'm at Deep Sea now and it feels more platforming focused than speed

The jump-attack feels really smooth, really useful to gain speed or dodge the boss.
>>
>>4230041
Nope, not even close.
>>
File: yraxjri.gif (484KB, 624x460px) Image search: [Google]
yraxjri.gif
484KB, 624x460px
Soon.
>>
>>4230045
Picking up rings does not increase your score in any Sonic game. They are only worth points at the end of an act. What are you getting at?
>>
File: 1455342494576-0.jpg (30KB, 361x247px) Image search: [Google]
1455342494576-0.jpg
30KB, 361x247px
>>4233463
What this?
>>
>>4233818
Who is this cute?
>>
>>4230041
>Better than Adventure.

That's not putting the margin really high.
>>
>>4230601
crash bandicoot doesn't use momentum at all. his game is a lot slower and more focused on precision platforming, so he doesn't fall into the hold up/boost to win trap that 3D sonic games do.

>>4230796
>worked well for the adventure games.

no it didn't, the adventure games barely used momentum at all. 3D sonic games use boost pads and boost buttons in order to give sonic momentum instantly.
>>
>>4230045
You only get score from the amount of rings you have at the end of a level. Simply picking them up isn't going to add to the score.
>>
>>4234803
Looks like Ibuki from Street Fighter.
>>
File: GbnHozn.gif (883KB, 624x460px) Image search: [Google]
GbnHozn.gif
883KB, 624x460px
>>4233818
Dude responsible for the recovery of the beta Windy Valley managed to run it straight from the source game (the Autodemo). This is different from the SADX restoration which was mostly based on guesswork, for example most entities are missing there and the foliage doesn't even move while everything was reverse-engineered to work exactly as it did in the Autodemo by restoring the pointers, apparently Windy Valley was such an experimental stage that all the textures don't even fit in memory and that's why it glitches. He even managed get by the tornado seen in trailers.
>>
Needs more chao raising
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.