[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is /vr/'s opinion of Blue Stinger?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3

File: 250px-Bluestinger.jpg (21KB, 250x232px) Image search: [Google]
250px-Bluestinger.jpg
21KB, 250x232px
What is /vr/'s opinion of Blue Stinger?
>>
File: doggs.jpg (84KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
doggs.jpg
84KB, 1280x720px
>>4229776
10/10
way better than resident evil

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MlhPnFjCfwc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=phB81lHbFy8
>>
Never played it never saw any footage of it
But I do remember when dreamcast came out I saw it on sale at the game store and being really interested, but in the end I never got a DC

>>4229797
Its actually good? Ill have to play it someday
>>
more like blew stinker
>>
It was the first high resolution "survival horror"-like game I played so it captivated me pretty good until Code Veronica came out then I dropped that turd.
>>
>>4229776
Is it related to deep fear?
>>
>>4230090
If you dropped this for Code Veronica then it means this one sucks real bad...
>>
>>4230127
Well I like Code Veronica a lot but it turns out I'm looking for a very different experience from my survival horror than anons like nesfag. A fun question to put to nesfag actually could be if he thinks Blue Stinger is better than Code Veronica. To me it's a cautionary tale about the risks of going full 3D with traditional level design but if a person goes into it with that "this is the game that made the mistakes that were corrected leading to games like RE4" then you might enjoy it. Perhaps it's even the dark souls of action survival horror.
>>
>>4229776
Illbleed > Blue Stinger
>>
>>4230143
>"this is the game that made the mistakes that were corrected leading to games like RE4"

Then Im out, I hate RE4 and anything that came later.
>>
>>4229776
funni game
>>
WITH FRIENDS
>>
>>4229797
>commentary
vomit
>>
Is this the one that changed the way the camera worked between the Japanese and English releases? Which is considered better?
>>
>>4229776

I love it. First game I ever got for the Dreamcast. It's not really survival horror, it's more of a straightforward action game - enemies always respawn in the same place and you can endlessly farm them for money. The controls and animation are kind of jank, but the overall vibe comes off like a love letter to stupid B-movies, so it works in a way.

The only thing I really don't like is that there's only like 3 or 4 songs in the soundtrack, and they get repetitive quickly.
>>
I remember seeing a preview in EGM. It was one of the first next gen games that blew me away. I wanted to a get a DC and upgrade from the PS1 so badly, but it never happened. I played it eventually and liked it; few frustrating parts, but nothing that soured the experience. Overall a fine action adventure game.
>>
>>4230349
Where'd Janine go? Bingo?
>>
I liked the Blue Stinger nods in Illbleed, like the cans of Hassy, or Dogs' dead body falling from the ceiling during the Wood Puppets episode. I was legit bummed when the guy in charge of those games died - supposedly he was working on HD remakes of Blue Stinger and Illbleed when he passed.
>>
it's assvomit, but it has that "launch-game-bad" kind of charm
>>
>>4230391
not the worst ive seen in a youtube letsplay
>>
More like Blue Stinky
>>
File: dog.gif (2MB, 359x202px) Image search: [Google]
dog.gif
2MB, 359x202px
>>4232717
STINKY!
>>
Carrier is better and it's on the dreamcast too
>>
>>4232918
>Carrier is better
Said no one ever.
>>
>>4229776
I have much more fond memories of Illbleed. Shame about what happened to the director. He had a true vision for his work, which is no wonder that he went to Cavia after SEGA royally fucked over his team by reneging on a deal they made to publish Illbleed and fund blue stinger 2.

I have only played a little bit into Blue Stinger, but only the North American version. The game looks horrendous, because Activision forced them to rework the camera angles to constantly follow the character closely...which the game design wasn't built around.
>>
>>4232918

Nigga, even Deep Fear is better than Carrier.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.