[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Thoughts on the Tony Hawk's Pro Skater games

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 4

File: THPS2.png (703KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
THPS2.png
703KB, 1024x768px
Thoughts on the Tony Hawk's Pro Skater games
>>
You are now transported back to your youth: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=udUCjJphE-0
>>
>>4229721
2 and t.h.u.g and are the best ones.

Fun games.
>>
>>4229721
>>4229785
>2
Most agree that #2 + is the best one. I only ever owned the 1st one, and was exceptionally good at it. I have tried the others, but did not care for the manual stuff.
>>
>>4229721
some of my favorite games of all time. many hours spent on pro skater 3 when i was a kid. i have the whole series of tony hawk games besides the original pro skater on ps1. i dont have 5 or the ride games because trhose are steaming piles of shit.
>>
I played 1 the most, on N64.

Then because we were poor, I didn't get another TH game until THUG2 on the PS2.
>>
>>4229801
but anon manuals pushed the skill ceiling of the game higher

>>4229785
everything after 3 is trash

thps 1 & 2 on ps1/dreamcast/pc is the best
>>
>>4229721
IT'S IN OUR NATURE TO
KILL
KILL
KILL
AGAIN AND AGAIN
>>
>>4230507
I'm going to replay through thps 3 and 4 on psx just because they are simplified as fuck ports and plays just like thps 2
>>
>>4230563
I've never actually played the ps1 port of 4, does it remove all the stupid mission bullshit?
>>
>>4229721

Thinking back on a trick on the school grounds where I did some 192.000 points. quickly getting special power up and then grind all the gates right behind the spawn and flip untill you had to jump off, do a few manuals with flips in between and then jump a gap between two ramps. It took me a few days but I did land perfect.
>>
God I played 2 on n64 too much. I remember if you got good at chaining grinds/manuals between tricks, you could get a multiplier that would complete most of the score challenges in 1 trick.
>>
I'm most nostalgic and prefer play THPS 2 but objectively I Think THPS3 and 4 are the best of the series
>>
>>4231091
adding the reverts to bridge vert tricks to manuals and grinds made 4 immensely addictive
>>
>>4230592
>does it remove all the stupid mission bullshit
yes it does
>>
>>4229721
fun.

i want skate 4 tho
>>
>>4231704
doesn't seem that way here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wKD-Jc6tJuA

they removed the unfunny characters and the jackass humour, but it's still mission based.
>>
>>4231890
yeah I checked some gameplay it looks fucking awful

at least THPS3 is just more of the same from 2, with reverts
>>
>>4229801
>I only ever owned the 1st one, and was exceptionally good at it. I have tried the others, but did not care for the manual stuff.

Exactly the same here. Manuals kinda felt like cheating after spending so long figuring out routes to keep a chain going in the first game.
>>
>>4229721
THUG2 is my childhood
>>
File: chrome_2017-09-02_14-05-13.png (287KB, 669x795px) Image search: [Google]
chrome_2017-09-02_14-05-13.png
287KB, 669x795px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S51HkasuvdQ&list=PLDXfPV7GSP1kmx5187kvai7tgLMQbntRu
>>
One of the greatest gaming series ever created.
>>
>>4233446
Not retro/10
Just played through Thrasher Skate and Destroy, it's really unique and if you like skate games you should try it.
>>
>>4229721
50 years old and still acting like a skater teen, just pathetic
>>
>>4233760
cool, and I'd rather enjoy the 60 fps gameplay of the newer version, pls ignore the gamecube controller
>>
>>4233760
Loved the soundtrack and control mechanics but it always felt kinda slow and floaty. Still, it was a lot more skate-sim than the Hawk games. The modern gen Skate series are kind of the true successor to Thrasher.
>>
>>4229721
Good games
>>
>>4233812
Skating has nothing to do with age and it was invented by adult male surfers trying to bring the experience to a more convenient setting. Sucks you don'tknow how to enjoy life.

>>4233760
all my skating friends and i used to play this a bunch because it was more realistic.

>>4230563
3 was preddy gud on psx i must say.

>>4229721
Great games and concept in general which spawned a ton of clones, at high level play either score or speedrun the input skill is insane i really appreciated that about the games.
>>
>>4236661
No, I'm and adult which means I act, dress, and conduct myself like one; not some manchild skater kid who wants to be perpetuly 16.
>>
File: motherfuckers.gif (2MB, 210x373px) Image search: [Google]
motherfuckers.gif
2MB, 210x373px
>>4236716
Actual adult men stop worrying about appearing like children.
You just THINK you're an adult. Here. On 4chan.
>>
Kind of reminds me of Sonic. The series started off brilliant and then turned into such a dumpster fire that even the remakes were fucked up and shitty.

Maybe one day we'll get Tony Hawk Mania and the series will be good again.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IxcaSRmB8to
>>
>>4229721
Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 2 is one of my favorite games ever. It's simply extremely fun to play
>>
>>4230507
not really /vr/ but do you take issue with 2x or have you not played it?
>>
>>4232897
It also stagnated the fastest too
>>
>>4231890
Terrible commentator.
>>
>>4229721
tony hawk is so comfy
>>
The only fun sports games, the reason skateboarding became popular outside of the usa etc etc.
>>
>>4237917
Sadly true...

>>4239367
I think the x-games played a huge part in world wide exposure, but I wouldn't say you're wrong by any means.
>>
>>4232482
>missing that European edition chill
https://youtu.be/mqDDtK1FQv4
>>
GBA games are underated as fuck.

I love the engine they made for them
>>
I'm going to be honest here and say that I enjoyed 3 more.
>>
>>4229801
wtf ?? with the manuals u could combine backflips to endless combos
>>
>>4231860
sheesh ea has 2 bring skate 4 on ps 5 or what ever the new ps will be called
>>
>>4229721
Nostalgia and listening to Goldfinger-Superman on loop made me a godlike Lucio in
Overwatch.

And then, someone called me "Baby Stanky" and I learned about DSPStanky.

In Tony Hawk 3 on PS2 I used to remake people I knew IRL. The create a skater was legit good.
>>
I only owned the GBA game of 2 and loved it, I was amazed there were polygons on my GBA since it mostly had SNES ports. I don't know why I never transitioned to the console games.
>>4239584
>>
>>4239367
unfortunately true and it also destroyed it, i was a skater at the time when we had a small dedicated scene etc then tony hawks came out.... suddenly we were thrown off everywhere because of the hundreds of stupid kids with their birdhouse decks shitting up the place and learning nothing. I had a love hate relationship with the game at that point.

>>4236716
Nah you're just a miserable excuse ridden old cunt that gave up on life to young and fell into the completely fictional concept of what one "should" be doing at certain ages to appease his corporate masters. Whilst others are enjoying life you'll be getting bored and bitter with each year until eventually you realize you can't buy your life back and regret not doing something you loved all for the "be an adult!" meme whatever the fuck that means, should of tried being your own person anon instead of a another sheep drone, sad! there's also the exercise aspect in fact everything about it is positive and no you don't have to dress a particular way either lmao.
>>
>>4229721
probably one of my favorite game franchises.

THUG is one of my favorite PS2 games

>>4230507
I'd argue everything after THUG2 or THAW sucked

but mechanic wise everything after 3 was unnecessary since it became much easier to nail million point combos.

1 gameplay wise doesn't age well compared to the later games in the series
Thread posts: 47
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.