[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Post Classic Fighting Games

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 8

File: OLD_IRON_FROSTY.png (3MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
OLD_IRON_FROSTY.png
3MB, 1920x1080px
Anyone remember the ClayFighter series?
My nostalgia goggles may be firmly affixed to my face but goddamn Bad Frosty was one scary motherfucker.
>>
File: clayfighter64beta01.jpg (47KB, 488x369px) Image search: [Google]
clayfighter64beta01.jpg
47KB, 488x369px
They really pulled a bait and switch for the Nintendo 64 version while not even releasing the psx version.
>>
File: clayfighter_63promo2.jpg (53KB, 620x465px) Image search: [Google]
clayfighter_63promo2.jpg
53KB, 620x465px
>>4229249
Crappy 3d backgrounds instead of superior prerendered gamesgrounds and less characters than promised until the blockbuster version came out
>>
The original Clayfighter's combos were so broken that almost every character had at least one combo that could take the entire lifebar out:

https://youtu.be/IM7_fcLqiBo
>>
>>4229249
I remember it being a steaming pile of shit not worth playing.
>>
>>4229249
they were going to bring clayfighters back recently with the old higher res assets but it fell through. gameplay was going to use recent anime game mechanics.
a dev spilled the beans in /v/ and posted some of the cut content.
http://clayfighter.wikia.com/wiki/Untitled_ClayFighter_2016_Game
>>
File: IMG_0423.jpg (708KB, 1500x1120px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0423.jpg
708KB, 1500x1120px
Read an interview of Josephine Huang who did the clay in this game.

She was also an intern on The Nightmare Before Christmas, but apparently this was "her" first real project, she was quite young.

Fun things in the interview: she said she had to bring back the clay to her home and sometimes do this forth&back several times a day because the oven at work was awful.
>>
>>4229249
>N64 Clayfighter

SNES clayfighter 1 was superior

1>Judgement Clay>63

but in reality all Clayfighter games were trash
>>
>>4229828
That's actually really interesting, she's a talented individual.
>>
>>4229909
If you allow me to split hairs here:

1>judgment clay>Sculpter's Cut>63 1/3
>>
File: 28166-unaxzb.jpg (189KB, 1520x1013px) Image search: [Google]
28166-unaxzb.jpg
189KB, 1520x1013px
>>4229249
https://youtu.be/IM7_fcLqiBo
>>
Might as well talk about Toshinden and early 3-d fighters in general. I was 12 when the PS1 came out in 1995 in the states. During this time I was so excited with the 3-d fighting games that were coming out (Tekken, Toshinden, VF and VF Remix, etc.).

Because of all the failed/failing systems at the time (3d0, 32x, Cd-I, Jaguar) I decided to wait until my birthday at the end of summer 1996 to buy a new system. I was still enjoying my SNES and the games became very cheap for it in 1996.

One game I was really looking forward to on the SNES was FX Fighter, but it was cancelled and moved to PC. I bought the PC version to use on my 486/66 computer and, while it ran decently, it was really boring to play.

In August 1996, the PS1 had recently been lowered in price and I picked it up with Ridge Racer and Toshinden. Yes, both games lacked the depth of other similar games, but the presentation was done so well on the games that I didn't care.

Toshinden was such an awesome experience. I loved the characters, the music, the crazy broken combat system, the fact you could dodge attacks in 3-d, hell I remember my mother loving the game because you could map special attacks and super moves to the L/R buttons.

It was all flash with very little substance, but the first time I made it to Gaia I was floored by how epic the battle was with the stage, music design, and Gaia's special moves.
https://youtu.be/u0fQ56kjRK4?t=14m48s

Toshinden 2 was ok, but had none of the charm of the first one and I never played 3 or 4, but I loved the original.
>>
>>4230074
>Clayfighters thread
>Post about weeb trash.
>>
>>4230074

Toshinden was great. This is a Toshinden thread now
>>
>>4230132
>This is a Toshinden thread now
There is barely anything to talk about. Toshinden is a party gaem.
>>
>>4229828
>hired a woman
Well, this diversity hiring is why the game sucked. Just like with Rick and Morty, allowing women to LARP as our creative equals is cancer.
>>
File: kid.jpg (36KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
kid.jpg
36KB, 500x375px
>>4230170
So this is a man's industry right, only men can come in and make games. Anything women touch sucks including your favorite game if theres a woman touch to it.
>>
>>4230228
Glad you understood.
>>
>>4230228
...yeah thats pretty much it.
>>
>playing Clayfighter 63 1/3
>use this fatality every single time https://youtu.be/uoDIpmHnG0o?t=10m13s
>h-haha
>>
>>4230170
>>4230228
A bunch of the Capcom fighting game artists were women, you know. Vega was even designed by a woman.
>>
>>4231757
Women programmers/artists != women in gaming. Once you understand this, all becomes clear.
>>
>>4231757
no wonder he's such a faggot
>>
>>4231727
Why does everything in clayfighter 63 looks so bad ? I know that it is a parody but Is clayfighter 63 also a joke ?
>>
>>4231757
vega dictator or vega matador ?
>>
>>4232585
Vega matador. During the earliest phase of the character design process when they were basically just combining various nationalities and fighting styles, they had one roster slot left they were having trouble filling. So they looked at the countries and fighting styles they hadn't used yet, and eventually to director picked "Spain" and "Ninjutsu," thinking "Wouldn't a Spanish ninja be just crazy enough to work?" From there the artists submitted various drafts, most of which were more knight or crusader-like, but then Mizuho Kageyama came up with that masked, claw wielding, snake tattooed narcissistic ninja/matador pretty boy we all know, and it left such an impression on the rest of the team that it was what they went with.
>>
>>4230074

Toshinden 3 is great, just because of how batshit insane it is. What other official console game lets you pit Michael Jackson against Jason Voorhees? Great soundtrack too.

https://youtu.be/9sjhG4i8Ec8
>>
>>4230130
Toshinden is a shitty derivative fighter with almost nothing going for it except for a milk toast s&m aesthetic. But even at that it's leagues better than the Clayfighters.
>>
>>4230170
Except for the part where her animation is the only good thing about the game. Clayfighter looks super cool and has a wonderful aesthetic. Paired with a solid game it could have been huge, but that didn't happen. Her hard work was wasted because the dudes doing game design all sucked. So ironically kind if the opposite.
>>
I played the SNES game back in the day and I gotta say nothing has ever quite rubbed me the wrong way like that game did. From the characters to the animations to that God awful, soul rending theme song, there is nothing worse to me than Clayfighter. I fucking hate that abomination with every fiber and atom of my being and I sincerely hope there is a special layer of hell dedicated solely to the creators.
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.