[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What game started rocket jumping? Quake or powerslave?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_5250.jpg (16KB, 363x139px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5250.jpg
16KB, 363x139px
What game started rocket jumping?
Quake or powerslave?
>>
Team Fortress
>>
Zelda II
>>
Rise of the Triad.
>>
Halo 2
>>
KKND
>>
>>4229231
super mario world
>>
Biko 3
>>
Marathon
>>
>>4229339
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rZRgY5qr7V8
>>
>>4229339
You aren't supposed to give out correct answers.
Thanks for ruining the thread.
>>
Doom.

You need to rocket jump to access the secret level on Mt. Erebus.
>>
>>4229591
Came here to post this
>>
technically doom

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P2pVHOUGJOw
>>
>>4229231
Doom
>>
Powerslave has BOMB jumping.

It was also totally unintended, the devs found out about it a couple of weeks before release and decided to leave it and included secrets that require it.

They changed their mind when porting the game on PS1 and got rid of it. They probably realized only too late how broken it makes the game. I made a speedrun of the Saturn version in 25mins, while the PS1 speedrun is double that and more.
>>
>>4229231
Think Unreal was the first game to have actual 1st party maps around rocket jumping. All the other examples in this thread like Doom, Quake, Marathon, etc were accidents, mods, or easter eggs.
>>
>>4230210
To complete the Saturn version of Powerslave 100%, to get all the Team Dolls, you need to use bomb jump. Secrets were designed for it in mind.
>>
>>4230219
That's secrets though. Not the basic design layout. For example the famous map Facing worlds is designed with rocket jumping in mind.
>>
>>4229331
lol
>>
>>4229231
Boosting your speed with a well placed rocket was a thing back in Doom, I think.

>>4229282
That was in Halo 1, nubnub.

>>4229714
Ah, yes, here we go.
>>
>>4230259
UT has teleporters, rocket jumping is not so important in that case.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.