[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Best game ever

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 5

File: 2.jpg (210KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
2.jpg
210KB, 1280x720px
Best game ever
>>
Not even best 2d Zelda, Awakening and The oracles are way better
>>
>>4228912
One of the best, but DOOM is better. 2.5D games are top-tier.
>>
>this is the only game that i have ever played
>>
>>4228912

best zelda game for sure.
>>
File: 1504032508078.jpg (490KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1504032508078.jpg
490KB, 1920x1080px
>>4228912
oot was better
>>
>>4229337
aho
>>
>>4228912
It s up there op
To me it very may well be
I just finished the super Famicom version
>>
File: chinesealttp.jpg (32KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
chinesealttp.jpg
32KB, 480x360px
>>4230880
you should try the chinese NES version
>>
>>4230971
This disturbs me in the same way Mario is Missing for NES does.
>>
>>4230971
I swear the chineese are nes wizards.
>>
Played through this game more times than I can count, I know it by heart

The Parallel Worlds romhack(Find the remodeled version, the original version is stereotypical "impossibly difficult romhack" quality, even the easier remodel is really hard at parts) is a good way to go if you wanna play the game again but get something new out of it.
>>
>>4231153
A lot of these romhacks go wrong by exploiting glitches and having them be a core gameplay mechanic. Hard awakening does this and it was a solid hack before it started pulling that shit.
>>
>>4231158
Yeah, that's what I hate about most romhacks. The original Parallel Worlds does this a metric fuckton, and the remodel fixes it where it's still reasonably difficult just by nature of the dungeon design and battles, but without requiring literal exploits. That is, if I'm remembering it correctly, it's been a long time since I played it.
>>
File: worldmap.png (970KB, 2560x2048px) Image search: [Google]
worldmap.png
970KB, 2560x2048px
>>4228912
Links Awakening is better
>>
>>4231187
While that's rather debatable, I think we can all agree that Link's Awakening and Oracles are the best games on the GameBoy
>>
>>4231204
I never thought about it, but that's a pretty safe bet.
>>
File: 1363832817132.jpg (71KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
1363832817132.jpg
71KB, 800x600px
>>4228912
Cannot disagree. No other game I've ever played is as faultless.
And I've spent hours thinking on the subject trying to find one.

>>4231204
And this too. Hell I'd put LA as the finest portable game ever. Feels too compact/claustrophobic to beat out ALttP but it is damn close, and I could easily forgive anyone like >>4231187 for saying it's better.
Both games do what a textbook videogame should do to the absolute best it can be done. Without using complex stories or CGI bullshit at that.
Not too easy, not too hard.
Visually beautiful without too much flair. The only real complaint for ALttP is here, with rare slowdown issues.
Aced controls. The only real complaint for LA is here, with "It looks like..." every time you touch a rock.
And the music in both titles is simple yet among the best written for any game titles. No music in other title gets annoying or feels out of place. Even with LA, the music sounds similar to what you'd expect from Hyrule, but definitely has its own foreign vibe that pulls it away, whereas ALttP is pure Hyrule sound.
And both games somehow have great replay value, namely because even if you know what happens story-wise and how to play game-wise, the fact that the games aren't story-laden makes them more valuable as play experiences. And as story experiences, there's never a time when you'll say "dropped" when playing even if it's your 30th time playing through.
Neither game is a chore. At any time. Every time you pull the Master Sword from its pedestal and hear that sound of the sword beam peel off of that motherfucker is awesome. If only Nintendo itself could be that awesome. Sadly...
>>
>>4228956
Doom is fucking garbage, mutt.
>>
>>4231174
the latest version of parallel worlds still require bomb jumps, which is technically an exploit. i heard there is a kiddy version out though, which ive never played. maybe that one doesnt
>>
>>4232278
Based on what? Zelda is good because it has atmosphere and exploration - but Doom has that too, AND amazingly deep combat system that can create thousands of unique and exciting scenarios.

Have you noticed how Doom modding/mapping is a big deal ever since 1993 until literally now still in 2017, new mods releasing literally every year of these 24 years, and people haven't run out of unique stuff to do (or to have player do)? Because Doom has amazing depth.

Have you noticed how little there are romhacks of LttP? Because game while interesting, has a relatively shallow core gameplay.
>>
>>4232905
>>4232905
>the lack of lttp hacks is due to shallow gameplay
this is false. the lack of lttp hacks is primarily due to limited access to viable tools. hacking lttp with what is currently available is a nightmare. if there were an easy to use program like lunar magic for smw, then i can assure you there would be a vast number of lttp hacks.
the incredible popularity that lttp randomizers have gained recently testifies to how much depth the game actually has.

comparing this to doom, where any kid with half a brain can start making maps right away, is retarded. not shitting on doom though, it is the better game.

btw im making an lttp hack right now
>>
>>4233225
What are you using to hack? Hyrule Magic. That shit's hard to use.

There hasn't been a good hacking tool for the GB games either.
>>
>>4233675
i have heard rumours that there is something new being worked on.
>>
>>4232905
>Have you noticed how little there are romhacks of LttP? Because game while interesting, has a relatively shallow core gameplay.
What the fuck does this even mean? Dude, ALttP is an insanely well-regarded and popular game, even if the gameplay was "shallow", as you put it, that wouldn't dissuade anyone from making romhacks... that's literally the fucking point, to expand the gameplay. Are you retarded?
>>
>>4228912
Had it; older brother bought it. Played through the castle part at the beginning a dozen times as a kid, never got much farther than that because I never knew what to do. I've never been able to get into any zelda games, though. I just don't like to play them, though I wanted to with this one because it looks so cool and it *seems* like the type of game I'd like.

This game is the only instance I have where I can remember looking at words before I was old enough to read.
>>
>>4231204
>>4231206
>>4231274
Pokemon Crystal is better, fight me

LA is a VERY close second though
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.