[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is this real?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 2

File: game.jpg (1MB, 2765x2074px) Image search: [Google]
game.jpg
1MB, 2765x2074px
Found this at my local game store for 8 bucks. As crazy as this is. I don't know if it is real.
>>
Op here: I just don't believe I could possibly own a real prototype game. The thought that I could possibly own a real prototype game is slim to none.
>>
Play it nigger
>>
>>4226925
I did try it out. It's definitely F-1 Race.
>>
>>4226869
>game store
its fake, why would any game store in 2017 not ebay-verify(tm) their stuff before selling it
>>
It's just a copy given to retailers or journalists. The label's removed (or never applied in the first place) to prevent reselling.
>>
>>4226931
I don't know? The same reason someone would sell an Earth Bound prototype at a garage sale.
>>
>>4226935
People sell shit like that at garage sales because they don't know what they have, but for people running a shop full of /vr/ shit it's literally their business to know.

Try it out anyways.
>>
>>4226935
this isnt a garage sale with old moms selling basement junk, this is a game store
>>
For anyone wanting to know the game store i bought this at, it's basically a "Mom and Pop" game store. I live in a small rural town. It's actually half a game and electronics store and half a vinyl store. It's run by two people who don't even know what phones are. If that helps.
>>
>>4226956
By "people who don't know what phones are," I mean they look and act like they don't know what the current generation is and what they really own. Sorry if i didn't make that clear.
>>
Send it to someone trustworthy from nintendage and have them rip and compare the roms to commercial releases unless you do it yourself
>>
>>4226963
I don't know how i feel about doing that. However I opened it up carefully and inside is a Famicom converter.
>>
>>4226969
Can you post pictures of the inside
>>
>>4226869
Sorry kiddo. Its fake.
But I'll tell you what champ, I feel bad you got swindled so I'll give you a cool 5 dollars for it so you can go buy yourself a lollipop down at the corner store.
>>
>>4226881
>I just don't believe I could possibly own a real prototype game
>clearly says it's a sample not a prototype
You believe correctly. lol
>>
>>4227003
I looked up NES prototypes on Google Images before. Many of them say "SAMPLE"
>>
>>4226990
I really don't want to open it again, but it basically looks like a famicom game inserted into an early nes adapter. Maybe I can find a similar image online.
>>
It looks a lot like this inside.
>>
>>4227003
Samples can be prototypes. In Japanese parlance, I rarely see the term prototype used to describe preproduction console games - sample is the generally used term, even for in-development games.

That being said, I have no idea if OP's cart is legitimate or not. That label style doesn't immediately stand out as familiar to me, but I'm not particularly familiar with early 1st party samples/protos.

>>4227013
Does the Famicom board have mask ROMs, or EPROMs?
>>
It's obviously bullshit because you'd put it in your NES already.
>>
>>4226869
Post the insides.
>>
>>4227005
>lots of kids on the internet mistake samples for prototypes
Yup, and as of today one more.

>>4227063
They can be. No indication whatsoever that that's the case or even likely here. In fact every indication is that it's not.
>>
>>4227013
>a lot like this
That doesn't help at all. Why can't you take a picture of the inside?
>>
>>4227013
Open it you dongle.
>>
>>4226935
Garage sales are dead as it can get thanks to smartphones. Fucking retards think they can charge ebay prices despite having none of the perks. It's a fool's errand.
>>
>>4227163
Not always.

I just recently picked up a near pristine SNES complete in box including the plastic bags for $30.
>>
>>4227009
>Asks if it is real
>Takes picture of outside
>Refuses to open "again" and not take picture

going to lean towards fake

I can do a Google image search too.
>>
>>4226869
is shit
>>
>>4227163
That's not true at all. Garage sales are still alive and well. Nothing about smartphones changes the fact that retarded baby boomers still exist and will never be anything other than retarded. Hell, I just bought a copy of Mario Kart: Double Dash in pristine condition for $5 recently, flipped it on eBay for $45. You can find cool shit all the time if you actually get off your fat fucking ass and look for it.
>>
>>4227163
>GRRRRR, I can't scam people out of their hundreds of dollars worth of valuables anymore >:((( fucking bastards want money for their stuff now, what the fuck!
>>
>>4226869
Probably a fake. It's in too good condition for a 32 year old cart.
>>
God, I really hate this post-awareness era in which nothing is believable anymore because all the assholes and their mothers know enough about past findings to try and fake their own and make a quick buck.
>>
>>4228705
Pretty much a dead giveaway this thread is fake.
>>
>>4228751
Watch out anon, he might call you a capitalistic jew or a cuck. You don't want to be called names by an anonymous poster, do you?
>>
>>4228751
I fucking wish I could do that, around here you only have dumbfucks that charge MORE than ebay prices, and I saw one guy on letgo selling a blurry pic of a Genesis as a Saturn, it's fucking ridiculous.
>>
>>4226869
It's not yellow.
>>
>>4226869
>absolutely beautiful non-weathered perfect gray reproduction shell
>label still as white and unblemished as the day it was printed
>that day being sometime earlier this week

Yeah, looks legit.
>>
>>4228751
>top gun is worth $700 because i saw an ebay listing
No.
>>
>>4226996
This is almost as faggoty as saying "show me your tits, for s-science"
>>>/Plebbit/
>>
The texture on that label looks like it's from a home printer. Not to mention you won't find any old paper that white, unless it was vacuum sealed by NASA for 30 years.

You got scammed, bro.
>>
>>4229985
Stop posting on the internet if you dont know the most basic of may-mays
>>
>it's "/vr/ gives the scammer tips to improve his fake proto business" thread

The only correct move was not to reply.
>>
probably not a proto if its not japanese but the only way to know is to rip the rom
>>
>>4231062
Faggot can't even use his moms iphone to take a picture of the board and you think he can dump it? lol
>>
>>4230012
>scammed for 8 bucks
Meh.
Thread posts: 46
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.