[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Magician lord

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

File: magicianlord.jpg (91KB, 640x803px) Image search: [Google]
magicianlord.jpg
91KB, 640x803px
>clearly fires bolts one handed
>can't fire when on a ladder.
>>
How the fuck are you meant to avoid the third bosses attack
>>
File: game over.png (28KB, 320x224px) Image search: [Google]
game over.png
28KB, 320x224px
>>4225176
I don't recall being harassed by enemies while climbing ladders all that often. I may just be forgetting due to how absurdly difficult some other portions of the game are, though.

>>4225191
The teeth alternate between targeting the platforms and the space between the platforms, so make sure you're standing in the right place beforehand. Then you just have to react to the attacks launched by the dragon-head thing. Some of the special forms make the fight a lot more manageable, especially the one with the lightning attack; I'm not really sure how to handle it if you're stuck with your default attack. I found it to be the toughest boss in the game, barring perhaps the final mid-boss.
>>
>>4225213
I am further in now and it seems to only be the first few levels with flyers attacking you on the ladder.
>>
>>4225176
I've always hated this game, I think it became popular only because it looked great for the year it came out, but shortly afterwards you could find far better games on Neo Geo cabinets.

The gameplay is total bullshit
>>
>>4227580
>The gameplay is total bullshit
It really is.
There's hard and then there's unfair.
>>
>>4227580
>>4229276
>i cant git gud
It's just memorizing input like so many other "hard" games. Maybe not your cup of tea and boring for you but hardly hard
>>
>>4229458
>t. hasn't done the cloud level
>>
>>4229458
Ur a fag
>>4229481
Probably the hardest part of the game thanks to being the only thing you can't easily brute force your way through by dying hundreds of times.
>>
>You, persistent guy!

So is Dragon Warrior the best form in the game?
>>
>>4225176
>again changes to Hell
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SOKRBCQTZDk
>>
>>4229675
It depends on the situation, but I generally found the dragon warrior form's low attack range and mobility to be significant liabilities. I generally performed best with samurai and raijin whenever I could get the right orbs.
>>
>>4229481
>t. hasn't grown up and stopped projecting like a child

>>4229652
I'm straight but do you really think the reason you can't git good is because of your sexual orientation instead of your age and ADHD?
>>
>>4229652
The console version gives you three hit points instead of two in exchange for sending you back to the beginning of the area when you die. It makes it a really fun and challenging platformer instead of a "mash credit button" snoreathon.
>>
At least it did not go the metal slug three route and make it's money with retardedly damage spongy enemies
>>
>>4225176
ost > succinct logic
shush
>>
>>4225176
things were simpler back then
>>
>>4225213
Was there ever a point to fight the Frogmen? I remember they were absurdly spongey and took like 9 hits to kill.

But yeah this game is awful, really poorly designed.
>>
>>4233040
Wouldn't have been so bad if the frogs had less hp when they were small.
On the plus side they keep damage when they transform. I would not have been surprised if growing made them heal.
>>
I played through Magician Lord for the first time relatively recently and was pretty impressed with it. I like that the game has an exploration aspect to it, with multiple paths through some of the stages and several opportunities to take on greater risks for a potential reward.

>>4233040
>Was there ever a point to fight the Frogmen?

They're occasionally positioned in places where avoiding them is non-trivial. They're also fairly easy to kill if you're at full power and in a form suited for fighting them. Battling a room full of them with your default attack is a death sentence, though.
>>
>>4233604
>get awesome fire form
>cool I can slaughter the frogs above me
>go up and be unable to kill them fast enough to not get hit
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.