[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are the correct game settings? I just played a game that

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: Alpha_Centauri_cover.jpg (25KB, 256x324px) Image search: [Google]
Alpha_Centauri_cover.jpg
25KB, 256x324px
What are the correct game settings?

I just played a game that allowed me to choose tech trees to research and it was too easy. What else did i probably f up?
>>
File: 1503373065021.gif (2MB, 320x180px) Image search: [Google]
1503373065021.gif
2MB, 320x180px
>>4225013

am i supposed to roleplay as the lead character while playing my faction of choice?
>>
Free Drones is the correct choice
>>
>>4225013
i've never played a 4k game before and tried this the other day, i just don't get it? i really want to like it, but do i just literally move every single damn unit one by one for the whole game? won't it be hundreds per turn after too long? inb4 underage, i'm just new to this type of game
manual isn't much help
>>
>>4226813
4X, rather
>>
>>4225013
I don't know about "correct", you can match your preferences. I agree about not choosing specific techs to research, but I think most people actually play that way for some reason.

I play with all victory types enabled, give players a chance to restart if defeated early, don't obtain techs when conquering a city. I don't randomize faction personalities.
>>
>>4226813
You can give multi-turn orders, like sending a unit across the map. It will move as far as it can each turn. You can also automate certain units so the AI controls them for you. Obviously, if you want the bonuses from micro-managing every little decision, then you can't trust the AI with too much.

Later in the game, yes, there are an absurd number of things to stay on top of. It's one of the biggest flaws with this game in my opinion, but admittedly, I do not use the automation tools very much.

Was there anything else preventing you from playing? The atmosphere and writing are all extremely good. I think there are some questionable balance/design choices, but it's definitely one of my favorite games.

Try starting with a straightforward group like the Believers or the Spartans, and try to focus on early-game military domination. Probably the simplest and fastest way to win.
>>
>>4225013
>What are the correct game settings?
The ones you want
>I just played a game that allowed me to choose tech trees to research and it was too easy. What else did i probably f up?
Probably nothing, iirc the setting you're looking for was in the advanced game options menu, read the descriptions
tbqh everything by default was really good
>>
>>4226813
The game is kind of like scifi chess. You generally won't move most of your units in a single turn and most of the units probably won't see any action throughout the entire game, being used merely for defense. If you need to move a large amount of units, you can put them together in the same square and move the units as a stack.
>>
>>4225013
If you'd rather have blind research, just turn it on.

If you think the game is too easy, try playing on Transcend.
>>
>>4226845
>Believers/Spartans

Worst groups for noobs.

University makes for mid/late game domination thanks to severely outpacing everyone else in research. Enjoy having +12 weapons when everyone else is struggling around with +4s and +5s. Also makes for the easiest research victory, plus you get all the unique researchers.

Gaians cause early game domination thanks to Mind Worm conversion. Free units the whole game, some of which are so strong they just wipe through enemy units like a hot knife through butter.

Peacekeepers make the easiest Democratic victory.
>>
>>4229063

do i need to be aware of how the victory conditions work to acheieve them? played a bit but never won yet
>>
>>4226845
>Later in the game, yes, there are an absurd number of things to stay on top of. It's one of the biggest flaws with this game in my opinion, but admittedly, I do not use the automation tools very much.
At the end of the game I usually ended up having all my cities and most units automated.

It was really amazing discovering it after Civ IV, seeing how much I took for granted.
>>
>>4231618
If you don't know how they work, you should really download a PDF of the game manual and look through it. Chances are there's a lot of little things and rules you didn't realize were in the game that would help a lot.

I don't remember the exact victory condition names:
- Conquest: Just destroy every other factions' cities, unless you're all allied or they surrender. Depending on game options, if you defeat a faction really early on, they get a bonus colony pod randomly somewhere else.
- Economic: You need to accrue a certain proportion of global wealth, as energy, and then click an "I win" button. Could be more to this, never done it.
- Democratic: You need to convene the UN Council thing and be elected supreme leader.
- Research: You need most of the late game techs, which will unfold a little plot and be fairly self-explanatory for what you need to do.
>>
>>4226813
Fuck off, underage. You can easily click on a location and they'll move every turn on their own.
>>
Any good mods?
>>
>>4233093
i'm 33. like i said, i just have no experience with this type of game. thanks.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.