[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I just got a swancrystal to replace my wonderswan color, and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: iu[1].jpg (29KB, 400x282px) Image search: [Google]
iu[1].jpg
29KB, 400x282px
I just got a swancrystal to replace my wonderswan color, and I'm confused by the bootup screen. On the color it says 'WonderSwan Color' on bootup, but when I boot up the Crystal, it says "Ken-Sea". Also, I noticed that unlike the Color, when it boots up, the sound is turned off, rather than on the Color, where the sound is turned all the way up on boot.

It's not a big deal (in fact I prefer that it's quiet on bootup), but what is the reason for this difference in behavior? I looked up a video of a swancrystal in action, and the one in the video does have the sound up, and the bootup text is different from mine but still different from the wonderswan color.
>>
Also curious about a general portable question, how does one best clean out the little grooves between the screen bezel and the system body?
>>
>>4224681
>"Ken-Sea"

Uh, are you referring to the ID screen? It shows your name, DoB, etc. In this case, it sounds like you're looking at the previous owner's name.
>>
>>4224684
I usually get a toothpick or a watch screwdriver to get into little grooves. Works well enough.
>>
>>4224686
I'm talking about the bootup sequence, where it shows the Bandai logo and then shows text underneath.

I've never seen text before that wasn't 'WonderSwan Color' so I expected to see 'SwanCrystal' or something like that.
>>
>>4224686
>>4224868

Found out through more digging that the ID screen is a thing.

If you press Start while booting up, the Option screen shows up, which lets you enter your name, birth date, blood type, etc. and then there's a second screen to configure your volume options for startup. All this time and I never knew it was a WS feature.
>>
>>4224868
the older ones also did it if you set an ID. It just means that in your regular color you didn't set up anything, while the previous owner did set his/her ID on the crystal you got.

You can easily change it, don't worry
>>
Does this have good games?
>>
>>4227582
Yeah, I figured it out. Thanks though.

Pretty neat seeing my name when I boot up the system. Also neat seeing what the previous owners put into their info.

>>4229454
Yes, but there are a lot of text-heavy japanese games on here too.
>>
>>4229517
What are your favorites, I dont really have a problem with jap
>>
>>4229523
I'm not really the best to answer as I'm still learning japanese. Websites around give some good recs though.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.